 Trains / 9397
Re: Lightweight show tables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 05:13:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
I don't know about other groups but the biggest pain for me with our club is
the loading/unloading of the heavy tables.[snip]

I don't know about the foam material you mentioned, but at home for my trains I
use 1" thick corrigated cardboard sheets (aprox 3' x 6') that sit on square wood
supports.

This material was sold by Charrette, the design supplier, for use by
architectural modelers. It's extremely strong and weighs almost nothing. It was
expensive -- it cost about the same as 1" Gatorfoam board -- but I've had the
same sheets for years and they still look like new (no sagging). Then again,
maybe I just don't beat on them hard enough to cause damage.

Has anyone else tried this? I checked charrette.com just now for it, but it's
not listed.

-Suz