 Trains / 9413
Re: Lightweight show tables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:42:58 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

I think you have to work pretty hard to break it, though perhaps the 3
layers of 1/2" foam is significantly stronger (there is glue between the
layers which might serve to strengthen it somewhat). My tables have had
QUITE a bit of abuse and I have not cracked them at all.

Yes, you do need quite a bit of force to break it but it could happen, especially at a show situation.  Another issue I ahve with foam is that it
could be crushed/compressed making it a poor building surface.

Did you use the dense blue foam or the white beaded foam?

dense blue (or was it pink- I've used both, are they the same product?)

-chris