 General / 27108
Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:50:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera writes:
Hum... I trully trully trully hope this never happens.  Don't get me wrong I
the idea is great but I've already invested too much in 9V track and
switches to have to reinvest in more track again.

Re-Read what was said in the orignal message!!
In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:

The new Switchtrack system can be retrofitted on exsitng on 9V layouts by
adding the appropriate replacment motors and accseroy drivers to the
existing layout.

<FUTURE>
So Hopefully The only thing that will need changing on exsiting non
DCC-layouts is the pointwork although A question put through to the Ask TLG?
service ('Will you be working on making a driver for existing 9V points..'
via WAP seems to suggest otherwise..
</FUTURE>

Anyhow I see your point...

<FUTURE>Also heard from Megatoy (A TRU clone) that the Thomas licence is
about to change.  Looks like it will be moving from Sweden to Denmark!! but
them I'm usally skeptical about what Megatoy says!)</FUTURE>