 Trains / *982 (-100)
  Re: Train Pics at Joe' Lego Page

(...) Not just train modelers, go to: (URL) got some very impressive models. A BIG minifig B-17 Lots of argiculture equipment, with pics of the real things for comparison. I'd say this is a must see sight! B-Bye Bruce (URL) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Pics at Joe' Lego Page

Modern US prototype modelers, take note of this work. That clink-clink-clink you hear in the background is the bar being raised. While there are a few things I'd nitpick, I think there are a number of noteworthy items: - The covered hoppers and coil (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Pics at Joe' Lego Page

Hi All, This last weekend, I have posted pictures of my train cars, engines and passenger trains and basically updated the train page. The Orange/White engine now bears the marks of the Illinois Central Gulf line. (Gee I loved those Halloween (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Promo:Reinard Beneke's Very Cool LEGO-related Web Pages

Wow, a bridge that is 512 studs long....I think I have enough track make a 512 stud straght line, mking a 4 meter long bridge with two sets of rails and completing the circle...well I don't think so. That bridge is a technogical marvel. The size of (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Joe's Lego Page Town/Train Pics

(...) Hi Tim! I purchased those decals at a model train show a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if they were Micro-scale or not. They scaled really well with the minifig trucks, so I couldn't resist making a yellow one. (...) The layout uses ~120 (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trackplan posted

(...) It was navigable from his homepage: (URL) instead of .jpg) -- joshua (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trackplan posted

(...) ?? broken link. Is that correct (including case?) ?? Best way I know to do links is to copy/paste from the navigation box while you have the page displayed. beats typing errors. -- Larry Pieniazek (URL) Know your Customer is wounded, thanks (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Trackplan posted

I set out and drew up a track plan of what I have right now in the way of lego train tracks in my town...since I only have a week of it left...(I'm moving) Http://www.geocities...itymap.jpg I should get the road layout done too... Any comments, (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4519 9V crossover?

(...) Dunno, but I just got another "we're still not shipping this yet, sorry about that, your backorder is still in" for it from S@H. (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Joe's Lego Page Town/Train Pics

(...) Great pictures! The John Deere tractor was definately my favorite. Make it a good day. Louise (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's Lego Page Town/Train Pics

Hay, I like your setup, very nice. I like the way you mix old (ex: late 70's Fire Trucks) and new set. I also like the school house and white n' bleu train (on the bridge). Like the bridge too. See Ya... Robin (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's Lego Page Town/Train Pics

(...) Nice pics joe! Being both slightly into model railroading and lego I found your site quite interesting (excellent picture quality etc too!) I'm especially fond of the Ryder truck! Did you make those decals...or is that one of those weird promo (...) (26 years ago, 4-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4519 9V crossover?

Can anyone tell me what countries the 4519 has been released in already? Mark H. (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks PNWLTC/dp

(...) How does the PNWLTC transport the modules/rolling stock/etc to the shows that they do? How long does it take to set up a large display? (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Promo:Reinard Beneke's Very Cool LEGO-related Web Pages

James Mathis <jmathis@arctic.nmt.edu> wrote in message news:F9GyDv.23t@lugnet.com... (...) wanted to (...) "boy-howdy", (...) etc. (...) visitors (...) spiral ramp. When I built mine, I figured I had to increase the circumference by placing a (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Thanks PNWLTC/dp

I'd like to publicly thank Dan Parker for having had me for the set up of the PNWLTC layout at the Seattle Center. Many thanks Dan and Val for having had me... Comments: Dan's working crane is -very- nice. I played around with my Mindstorms (I had (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 Freight and Crane Rly

(...) I have one. It is worth it, just like any of the train sets :) (and btw, are there any other lego trains in the current S@H cat? my mom won't send me mine!) (no, I am not joking...she refuses untill I am married!) (now July 17 ) James Powell (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  glue for lego

I would suspect that a abs cement would work well...since the bricks are made of it :) (I -don't know, I haven't ever tried it) Epoxy works fairly well super glue works ok (it doesn't allways seem to dry very well) James Powell (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Joe's Lego Page Town/Train Pics

Hi All, I finally have the large versions of the images linked on my site. I have completed the two town layout pages and should have the train page done by the end of the weekend. Peruse at your leisure. (URL) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Promo:Reinard Beneke's Very Cool LEGO-related Web Pages

He definitely has some great stuff. I love the double track bridge and the engines he has created. There must be quite a few people visiting his site now. When I stopped by this afternoon, he had 162 visitors. Joe (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Promo:Reinard Beneke's Very Cool LEGO-related Web Pages

(...) to (...) etc. (...) Some really nice train engines here as well as some incredible bridges. My favorite is the double spiral bridge. A great piece of engineering!!! (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: newbie question

(...) TLG started 4.5v in 1966, then added 12v in 1969. 9v was 1991. That was 22 years at 12v (1991-1969), or 17 years if you only count 1969 to 1986 (the release year of 7839 Car Carrier Platform). (...) They made a pretty big deal about the (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

<snipped workarounds for Pause Trains overview problem> (...) <snip> (...) Hey, I'm just trying to keep "Uncle Lare" happy. :-) I can wait for the real thing, but can other folks? I _would_ like to see to Product Line and Theme names incorporated (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

James, Thanks for the directions to this site. Ben has been hiding from us. What great work! Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Mathis <jmathis@arctic.nmt.edu> wrote in message news:F9GyDv.23t@lugnet.com... (...) wanted to (...) (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Promo:Reinard Beneke's Very Cool LEGO-related Web Pages

All, I'm sure you'll come across Reinard's posting in rec.toys.lego, but I wanted to make sure it showed up here, as well. Reinard announced the creation of his LEGO-related web-site, and, "boy-howdy", does he have some good model creations: from (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Train Show Pictures

Thanks for putting those picture up Robin. Do, you have any pictures of that 3 story monorail station? Thanks, Chris (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: newbie question

(...) I remember seeing springs pushing down on the 12V pickups when I took my 12V motor appart. By the way, I do NOT recommend taking the 12V motor appart. I had to glue mine back together. (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: H&R Train Show Day Three.

For the record, the direct links brought me to the same weird xoom image. Just in case any of you thought Larry was losing it. ;) -Anne (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train Show Pictures

Hay Lego Railroaders, Check out the new H&R Trains Spring Show Pictures on my site, just update the page. (URL) to Lego Trains and go down to Show Picture Gallery. See Ya... Robin (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: H&R Train Show Day Three.

Hay maybe just Larry shouldn't buy Lotto tickets, just get more Lego Bricks man;) I'm getting my Lotto tickets tonight! See Ya... Robin (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: H&R Train Show Day Three.

Hey Larry both of the links worked for me last also, maybe its your provider or the internet topography between you and Xomm? maybe I should go play the lottery also? Too bad someone won the big powerball :^( Mike (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: newbie question

(...) As Larry says, the 12V system was not terribly reliable and was really an afterthought to the original 4.5V battery trains. Also it was not compatible with the new 9V stuff that came out in the late 80's with the very cool conducting studs. (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: newbie question

I do not think LEGO will be switching rail style or the voltage (the gauge is the same). While the switch in voltage is confusing, the switch in rail style makes alot of sense. I have a 12V train and a couple of 9V trains. The 12V trains are (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: newbie question

(...) Interesting question. (welcome, by the way!) I would speculate that TLG is not likely to change any time soon, because 9V works reliably and looks good. The reason for the change away from 12V was that it did not work very well, and the (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: H&R Train Show Day Three.

(...) Gotta love Xoom. When I click on these links I get this page: (URL) should go play the lottery today because you got lucky. (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  newbie question

Hi all. I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and I've got a doozy here. I've read a few posts where a few people spoke about the switch from 12V rails to the 9V system. I also figure that LEGO spent 12 years at 12V. So the question/speculation (...) (26 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: H&R Train Show Day Three.

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36FF6C06.90E14D8B@v...er.net>... (...) Hmmm. They both worked for me. Mike (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 Freight and Crane Rlwy

(...) I like the cranes and cars, so I can giver the 'playability' of this set a Thumbs Up. :-) You also get a pair of good 1x4 decorated tiles for the engineer to use in his swivel chair. I liked the engine design because of the symetry. One other (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: H&R Train Show Day Three.

(...) on these direct image links gives the Xoom rotating broken image. You have to navigate in via the URL that Robin gives below. (...) You'll see 2 neat pictures. I, of course, want more detailed close ups, but I can wait. Good job on winning (...) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  H&R Train Show Day Three.

Railroaders, Day three down and the show is over! Here are two picture from the show: (URL) hope to have more pictures Tuesday. See Ya... Robin See My Web Site for more info: (URL) (26 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) Yeah, that's no fun, is it. I think what ought to happen when you type "trains" into a top-level search box is that you get back a number of train categories (one encapsulating all, and then one for each of 9v, 4.5v, 12v, and DUPLO trains, (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) Ach so! My apologies! So it is. Looks like I saw my own quoting (in my editor) of what *you* wrote and brain-fartedly thought it was you quoting something else to excess. I should've double-checked that, because you're always so careful about (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) That might form a nice stop gap measure for the time being. One more To-Do for the pile... Heave HO! (...) Did you read all the way down? There was a lot more than quotage in there. I pulled in a separate response from Larry and related it to (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) the dynamically generated lists -- although the paragraphs of commentary ought to be preserved in the transition. But if you wanted to pull down a copy of the .html page and modify it, I'll install an updated version. (...) --Todd (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

(...) Yes. But to keep number of categories, and name length, down to size, perhaps just "Maintenance" or "Maintenance Equipment"? That latter category includes all the sets that MOW Vehicles does, PLUS the washrack (which presumably, (because I'm (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) Nope. I mean (URL) (...) Larry Answered: ------ In another thread we're talking about not confusing the mundanes. If I were a mundane I would NOT know that there were three voltages and it would be best if there were a way that selecting (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

(...) If we go for more groups (I prefer fewer, personally, as I really did visit this already and arrived at fewer after quite some thought -- but do not by that token mean to imply I'm not open to the suggestion), I'm actually warming to (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  H&R Train Show Day Two.

Railroaders, Day two down, one to go! The juges awarded the ribbons this morning and my display got first place in Novelty. Thanks to all who stoped in... Also NO recks today! O'well there is still a day to go? I hope to have pictures Tuesday. More (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) In another thread we're talking about not confusing the mundanes. If I were a mundane I would NOT know that there were three voltages and it would be best if there were a way that selecting trains returned all trains regardless of voltage. (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

(...) I don't care EXACTLY about the names either, but we need about 2 more categories than we have now. Name them for the mundanes if you must. However I'd say that "Equipment" OR "maintenance of way" are not at all technical to the point of being (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

(...) I'm not (nor do I probably want to spend the time to become) knowledgeable enough about LEGO Trains and train terminology in general to have an opinion here that really is worth any weight, but generally I fall on the side of the fence that (...) (26 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) Awrighty, I just expanded the responsibilities of the cron job so that it now wipes out obsolete links/references in addition to reindexing new ones (...shouldda just done this originally, come to think of it). (...) Technically, in terms of (...) (26 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Larry's site

(...) World. (we were at Land today, and it's weird, like looking in a distorted mirror. I know Magic Kingdom pretty well and I was constantly getting lost in Disneyland, or expecting things to be the same. They are just enough different to be (...) (26 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) That won't help, unfortunately. The theme=xxx thingy matches on the whole string only, not partial strings. Better replacement coming, however; not worth fixing current idiosyncrasies. --Todd (26 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  H&R Train Show Day One.

Railroaders, Day one down, two to go, of H & R Train Show. The juges did there round tonight and will award the ribbons tomorrow morning. My display is operating with little trouble, only two monorail recks today. In one of the recks, two monorail (...) (26 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4565 Freight and Crane Rly

I was looking hard at this set in the S@H Canada catalog but it seems expensive, especially seeing it doesn't have a controller with it. Anyone have this set and have opinions on whether it's a good buy or not? And is it fun? <g> Kevin Wilson (...) (26 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larry's site

(...) You have alot of stuff on your site. I went through the first block of links a while ago. Now, I have finally gone through the second block of links. That is all I meant. (...) ^^^^^^^ After looking at your Disney World (or was it Land) (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larry's site

(...) Not sure what you're trying to say, Christopher. (...) ?? I'm going to be 40 this year, probably not a boy genius any more. I (...) Yep. (...) I made one from the waiter torso, he has a bow tie. (...) No progress, unfortunately, it's packed (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Glue for models

woohoo! This is definitely in my field. When I was building models for LEGO we used two different types of glues. (this was different across different model shops, so this really only applies to Enfield.) For 95% of the gluing we used a mix of ABS (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

(...) I think Liquid plastic modelers cement would work reasonably well for glueing Lego bricks together since it is a solvent (and is intested for Polystyrene which should be sufficiently similar to ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) to work). (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

(...) Not starting the argument, but if I ever say "could care less..." (which I try not to do, I'm on the "couldn't" side) you should tack on an implied "but not MUCH less!", please. (...) Two points, first, I bet I can motorize 2585 without making (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

(...) YOU'VE written "could care less..." and you're calling yourself pedantic? (kidding) :-) [Please don't start this flame again, I respect both sides of this argument, and just happen to believe that the "couldn't" crowd is the pedantic half] (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Larry's site

Larry, (URL) now I have gotten through section 2 (URL) are younger that I thought....boy genius? (URL) you say....slow...I am connected to internet via ethernet...how about glacial. Harvesters/combines very nice. I didn't realize how big they were (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

Larry, Hey, do I have to search through lugnet.trains to find some comment made by you as to your diminishing "LEGO purist" standing. Hmmm, don't you have a train with a non-standard decal semi-permanently attached to several bricks? The next thing (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape

Pedant alert... One could make the argument that 2585 is mis-categorized. It's a self propelled vehicle, not a car. Cars are characterised by not having motive power. Given the current choices (cars, locomotives, buildings, Train Set (and why the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

(...) There are two major types of power pickups that work on overhead wire. See my site, in the glossary section. A trolley is a kind of train... but anyway, any sprung single pole is a trolley pole, no matter what sort of train it's on. The LEGO (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

Thanks Larry. You told me what the bubble thing was; so, I figured you would eventually go to my site and you would eventually tell me what the power thingies are. I figured you would get a laugh if I asked by name. I like the (wait for it) part of (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

(...) Since it seems I was paged... The power thingies are called... (wait for it) Trolley Poles! There is some circularity here which I can't resolve. I don't know if trolley poles are called that because they have a little wheel at the top (the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Christopher Masi wrote in message <36F6B0BC.62F3D5E@cm...ne.edu>... (...) the (...) up (...) The only place I have ever seen differentials mentioned was in relation to geared locomotives like Shays, Climaxes, and Heislers. I think it was Shay who (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

While we have been talking about grandiose highly technical designs I made couple of simple little models. The new model is a simple coach which resembles the little coaches LEGO produced in the '80's. The other thing I finally decides to do was put (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) the (...) encouter (...) ends (...) Exactly; rather than the wheelset turning the cars, the first car to enter a curve (or leave it) turns against the "stationary" second car, while the wheelset turns "half as fast", or to half the angle, (...) (26 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) That is in fact the reason that they are separate. If they are on a common axle, the outer wheel tends to want to climb up and rub the flange against the inner side of the rail (remember, train wheels have a tapered profile, the diameter on (...) (26 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Larry Pieniazek wrote: snip stuff about footnoting (...) Right the wheels are not on the same axel. At first I thought this was so the wheels could travel at different speeds, but differentials are not brought up elsewhere in trains (are they) so I (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

Thanks for posting these great pictures. The Main Street was magnificient. (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) How about: on each bogie but the first/last, have 2 vertical axles, one for each car; each with a 24t gear (the 2 of which are meshing). Mount the 2 cars using that bogie (or their pendulum bases, rather) on these 2 axles, and the bogie will (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Legoland Train Model Nitpicking, vehicles I recognised, misc rantings.

Well, I spent a lot of time examining the trains at LegoLand MiniLand Some nits.... which should be taken as constructive criticism because in general I LOVED it. - The nonworking switches are very obviously non working. So much so that they're (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.reviews)

  (canceled)

Christopher Masi wrote in message <36F65C5C.414FB274@c...ne.edu>... (...) act (...) swing (...) go (...) The main difference: with leaning inward, the lean angle has to be mechanically induced by turning the bogies, while in the pendulum structure, (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) THIS.........^^^ is a footnote error. A footnote to a footnote belongs in the footnote text, not after the first footnote reference (...) Like this.........^^^ (...) &&& *** &&& - use a different marking scheme for the footnote listing (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Eric, If the pivot point on you model was moved to the top then you train would act like a Talgo train. Instead of the top moving inward, the bottom would swing out. The swing of the cars has to be translated to a bending of the joint between the (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) *single* (...) to (...) made (...) rotation (...) with a (...) allowed (...) derail. (...) Actually, the Talgo trains do *not* pivot inward (like your model does, and my version of the Metroliner [1] [2]), but (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

I think you are right, the "steering" of the single wheelset must be linked to the swinging of the car. The weight of the cars would hold the wheelset straight, but as the train goes into the curve the swinging action would cause the wheelset to (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

What makes the Talgo train a challenging model is not only the common *single* wheelset between cars, but that the cars pivot inward when rounding curves to allow a higher speed and more comfortable ride for the passengers. I've made cars that will (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

Larry, Sorry, Larry, I did not know what it was either. Guess I am just part of those darn city people! :) Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) Some midwesterner YOU are, John. Take a field. Grid it into squares which you number. Hand out bingo cards. Whenever a cow does what it does to help plants grow in a particular square, call the number off and whoever has that number marks (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Thanks for the info John! Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

cow-bingo? Is that like cowa-bingo, dude? (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

We mostly hang around the Midwest-- the layout has been to North Dakota, La Crosse (last weekend), St. Paul (annual GATS), Mpls Metrodome (The Great Create, a charity event co-sponsored by, among others, TLG), and a few other places of which I am (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

(...) motiff (...) \:^° LOL It's a shame TLG doesn't make cows in minifig scale, cuz then you could have a cow-bingo scene... -Tom McD. (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

Larry, Yup, I have two of those, it is a nice set. That part combination with the mini-boat is a real slick feature on that set. I used the second one for a Coastal Marine ADF G-200 vehicle, one of my own creations. I will have to get my webpage (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

Oh, that sidewalk cafe! #6402. I knew that part came from somewhere. Thanks, Josh! I am glad my memory isn't that bad, sheesh! Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Q: 4547 (Tourist/Club car) availability in the UK

(...) They were as readily available as any other train item in the UK in 1993 & 1994, which means only in a few very good shops David (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Larry, Oops! OK, sounds like a plan to me! I am a little confused on where most of the meetings and showings are. Any info would be appreciated! Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Not unless there were Lego's for that number, you see... ;) Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) Hi Chris, I did just this with my #4559 about 18 months ago. I built stretched 2 wheel "Super bogies" that support the ends of adjacent cars. And, since the train end (tail) has the same s-bogie, I fashioned a tailcap that continues the train (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Yes, and the fact that you live close enough for a "drop"-- remember, bills *must* be unmarked, low denomination and in non sequential order. No funny stuff or you can kiss the membership card bbye;-) (...) (26 years ago, 19-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) At least you haven't asked for my cc number yet. Must be the vehicle bribe I offered. (26 years ago, 19-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Q: 4547 (Tourist/Club car) availability in the UK

Hi, We were lucky enough to secure one of these Tourist/Club cars in a second hand sale last night and the thought occurred to me - Just how rare are these in the UK? (Or anywhere else to that matter...) I don't recall seeing them in the shops, so (...) (26 years ago, 19-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) Some very fancy engineering...you are not kidding. The car has to swing like a pendulum (or would LEGO shock absorbers have enough give to allow the the bottom of the car to swing out--maybe weights would help by adding a bit more inertia for (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact