 Trains / 967
966  |  968
Subject:
Thanks PNWLTC/dp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 01:58:29 GMT

I'd like to publicly thank Dan Parker for having had me for the set up of the
PNWLTC layout at the Seattle Center.  Many thanks Dan and Val for having had
me...

Comments:

Dan's working crane is -very- nice.  I played around with my Mindstorms (I had
mine with me, to use for controling my coal loader), and Dan's bricks to make
up a arm to control the crane.  (and did the program...not a very hard one,
for either one)

now all I need is 3 more micro motors :)  and a F-1 hauler :)

The Space needle :)  Dan has spent the last (what 30-40?) hrs of his lego
building time buiding a model of the space needle.  Nice :)  not quite as
impressive as the lego CN tower in Toronto, but -very- impressive for a near
mini fig scale building.

Setup:  Slightly disorganized :)  I arrived at about 11:30, with a do-it-
yourself bag of dismantled lego train cars.   Dan was outside, with his car
(and I could tell it was a PNWLTC member by the green...had to be him...lets
ask and see who it is...)

We spent all of Sat daytime at work.  It took me untill about 2 to get the
cars and loco's that I had brought with me re-assembled.  Tom showed up with
the remainder of the baseboards, and a bunch of Monorail stuff.  So, after
rebuilding my cars, we set up the track, and started on the buildings.  -and
opened the kids area to the public. (about 2 or 3 o'clock...they had been
watching me rebuild cars before that)

Tom's buildings are great...I love the bordello :)   (as a model..get your
minds out of the gutter!)

Dan took me home (hey wow! lookout for the lost navy types!)  (thanks again
Dan & Val) and showed me the lego he had at home (boxes on boxes of lego train
cars :)  Now i _must_ get more wheelsets :)

We went back in on Sunday, dropping off parking passes and getting photocopies
of stuff on the way in.  We arrived at about 11, and got to play with the lego
untill 2:30, then I had to go :(

I opened the bag of lego I took this morning :)  And it's 2X worse for
disassembly than it was going :)...not though it matters...I have to start to
take everything apart anyway.

Thanks PNWLTC and Dan Parker for a enjoyable weekend

AB James Powell