 Trains / 884
Q: 4547 (Tourist/Club car) availability in the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 11:28:19 GMT

Hi,

We were lucky enough to secure one of these Tourist/Club cars in a
second hand sale last night and the thought occurred to me - Just how
rare are these in the UK? (Or anywhere else to that matter...) I don't
recall seeing them in the shops, so are we talking about there being
thousands of them, or merely hundreds? Or even less...

All-in-all, it was a good nights haul... On the Train side there was a
4563 with an extended layout including points, a 4543, a 4544 and a
4546. There were about a dozen Pirate sets including a 6270 and a 6285.
On the Town side there were the "usual" collection of assorted vehicles,
but the real gems were a 6379 (Stable) and a 6374 ("Holiday Cottage").
Plus an Ice Station and several buckets of Basic bricks thrown in as
well.

Since the 4563 comes with it's own power transformer, and we have more
than sufficient (4) already, this one is surplus to requirements... So,
if anyone's in need of a UK-spec transformer and regulator, make me an
offer...

Cheers,
Kev