 Trains / *8869 (-100)
  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(...) of the detail in those overall shots is lost. Yes, I know a number of those town buildings are ones we've seen before, that's true. Looks like you've got a handsome layout there, the "city blocks" effect of a number of your buildings adds to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(...) As someone who works on concrete every day(I'm in the constuction trades/of course,i build both with lego and the real thing:-) )heed James advice.I myself will where my work boots when MICHLUG does our show for GATS in January. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Looks like you guys are all set, enjoy the show. Saturday are always the best since you don't have to unpack when you get there and you don't have to pack up when you leave. Do you have some kind of sanctions to keep the crowd back? Also be sure to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Fans for Diesels!

Yeah, I checked some measurements; they actually are precisely the scale for 4 wides. A 3x3 round would be about right for 8 wide...:-( (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Eric, Great looking first club layout, good luck this weekend! Have fun... Build on... Robin W GFLTC (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

No fancy web pages but for those that can't wait here are a few pictures of setup on Friday. We still have to finish a little setup Saturday. Anyway here you go. (URL) pictures to come after the show. Eric Kingsley (...) Exit (...) Road. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

"sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G4wItw.BAy@lugnet.com... (...) Is (...) Yes, Rick Clark's one. Cheers Carlo (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fans for Diesels!

Yes... too small for 8wide, but very nice for 6wide. I will try it as soon as I can. "John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbu...om.nospam> wrote in message news:G4wv23.3DB@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fans for Diesels!

(...) Maybe for 6-wide diesels... They're probably too small for 8-wide... <g, d & r!> JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Fans for Diesels!

John Radkte just posted some pics of the new SW sets and 1 caught my eye in particular: (URL) perfect for fans atop of diesels:-) Thank you for posting, John R.! -John (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

Followups to off-topic.fun (...) Ahh yes brings back memories of one of my favorite Saturday Night Live Skits. Unfortunately if you arn't from New England the skit was probably lost on most people. The skit was a gameshow and the object of the game (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

Way to go! And have fun fun fun! BTW Is that a left into the 2nd driveway of Dunkin' Donuts where the wicked fat dude works, then back onto route 5 for 10 minutes, depending on traffic, then take Exit 43? :D (A little Boston, drivin' directions (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Thank you both for the replies. It looks like you built a mini-hump yard! Is the other small gray house a de-coupler? SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

The New England LEGO Users Group (NELUG) will be participaiting in their first ever train show this weekend (December 2nd and 3rd) at the Greenberg Train Show in Wilmington MA. Show times are: Saturday, December 2nd 11:00am - 5:00pm Sunday, December (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma) !

  NGLTC showing at Atlanta History Center Candle Light Tours this weekend

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club is presenting a layout at the Atlanta History Center this Saturday (December 2nd, 2000). This is one of the more unusual displays we have done. Our layout is in the one of the chidren's bed rooms in the Swan House, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.trains.org)

"STEVEBAR" <stevebarile@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G4vp62.Hy8@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) hole (...) diect (...) I used the hinges to keep within the "ItLUG train modules constraints". We specified the rails to be one plate height over the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

"STEVEBAR" <stevebarile@yahoo.com> wrote... (...) to (...) hole (...) diect (...) This is a link to the page (sorry, not yet translated to English). Click on the pictures to enlarge them: (URL) links to the pictures: (URL) >Mario Ferrari built a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Carlo, Thanks for the reply! Why use the hinges and 1x2 with rail plate? Is this to strengthen the housing? In my attempts I added a 1x2 plate under the 2 hole 1x6 plate and no 1x4 tile underneth. I can't seem to get to the automated yard picture (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Michael I can't seem to get to your URL. Can you check it and reply. I really can't wait to see what you have done. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

You could try my switch - (URL) out for Lego and Models ... I build this thing using a rubber-band so you can let it run without the switch destroying itself. Just let the motor run a view seconds until the point switches it's position. Michael (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My Change Of Heart (I'm Back!)

(...) But now I can start my LEGO collection from a clean slate. -Harvey (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

(...) (note some heavyhanded snippage) Well, it wouldn't be entirely elegant unless you mounted the mechanics under your substrate, but if you were to gear down the movement so that the white clutch gear had to exert less torque to overcome the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Try putting belt drive stage in your geartrain so it can't destroy things and use touch switches to limit the travel... (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

"sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G4v1EK.6yF@lugnet.com... (...) problem (...) over (...) *forgiving* (...) <snip> (...) If you don't mind a touch-sensor, you could try this one: (URL) automated point sports 1000+ (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Change Of Heart (I'm Back!)

(...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  motorized points - beating a dead horse

Hi All, Currently I am attempting to build an automated hump yard. The main problem I'm tackling is the RCX controlled motorized points. I've spent 7 hours over the last two days trying to build a motorized switch track that will run forever with (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My Change Of Heart (I'm Back!)

(...) Did you end up selling your LEGO collection? Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Change Of Heart (I'm Back!)

(...) Welcome back. I take it you're not going to be undertaking any battleship models any time soon, then? LFB will be disappointed, I'm sure. ++Lar (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

(...) Thanks! /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My Change Of Heart (I'm Back!)

Hello everyone, I've recently gone through a radical change of career plans. I've passed the Railroad Institute entrance exam, as a result, I've cancelled my date with Uncle Sam (the Navy). Also, I've reawakened from my LEGO dark ages and have (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

The grate piece (30036) was originally suggested by Ben Fleskes for tankers, but I stole the idea and in fact mistakenly reversed it and got... (URL) the bottom of page. Only prob is that it's a 6 wide part. (sorry John) SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

Very nice work Kevin, I am also disappointed that I didn't see those sets first, and try out this idea! Are you intending to make enough to match the petroleum refinery photo that was shown to NALUG members a while ago? For the base, someone else (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Trains are increasing in popularity

I once read that hobbies like mrr do better in times of recession. The MS report would then agree with this as our economy has been showing signs for some time of slowing down. The reasoning of up-sales in times of a slower economy is that people (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

Doh!!! Your MOCs are great, gives me some inspiration of what I want to make. Fred (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

On the idea of losing the buffers... I'm a newbie to the Train comunity since I just had to get the 4561 on sale for my son for x-mass. Has anyone considered making a boogie car? One set of trucks w/two piviot points for two cars. I've seen these (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re-reply: 9v motor dying

Thanks everyone for the info. I ran it again today. Slowed down and stopped. I smelled it and there was an odor of over-heating (burning sounds too dramatic), that my other motors do not have. I waited 5 minutes, tried it again. This time, it ran (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v motor dying

In playing... I accidentaly discovered a way to break in and loosen up neew engines. Using a battery box from my 8480 shuttle... The torqe is incredible. But do be careful, short runs only. That much amperage is a bit warm. Fred (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

G'Day Damm you guys are fast ! I was just doing the same thing and though (ha!) that I would be the first to post. (ha!) Anyway, my version came out about the same. This just shows the foresight of moving to 8 wide ! (grin/duck) Hopefully oneday we (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v motor dying

(...) My guess is that the grease has dried up and the things slowly seizing up. As it heats up it causes my friction etc... As for a train motor, same thing I'd wager. The Train motors have a little metal heat switch that breaks the current when it (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lifespan of a motor?

(...) I too have been running the motors in extended periods of time, but it has always been at full speed. Have you been running them for lengthy periods at very low speed with a PWM controller? This is an issue since some motors have a tendency to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lifespan of a motor?

(...) lol We at the GMLTC have run trains for 5+ hour stretches and the motors run like champs. Sometimes on longer trains they poop out and we give them a rest. That's all they seem to need. The motors are well designed to run for long periods and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Lifespan of a motor?

Having just acquired my first LEGO trains last month, I'm concerned about keeping them happy and healthy. I'd like to have the trains run at low speed for an extended period of time (like an hour or so), but I'm also worried about what this might do (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v motor dying

(...) First, if the motor is relatively new, you probably can get CA to replace it. But it may be more fun to try to fix! I'm guessing here. Some people seem to have a problem with people guessing, so take it for what it's worth. Don't try any of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v motor dying

(...) No help from me, sorry. I have a 9volt train motor that does exactly the same thing! I have the same questions as do you. Hmm.....Anyone else with the same problem? later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  9v motor dying

I have a 9v motor that works for about 5 minutes, then slows down, and eventually stops. Wait 5 minutes, and it can go a little bit, then slows down, and stops. It's like the motor's juice needs to be re-charged. Is this motor dead? or is there (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

(...) So my wife doesn't kill me? Actually, she's on shaky ground if she complains at the moment... I just cleared a few hundred 1x2 tan and brown bricks out of brickbay for her... hmm... ;) (...) The tankers I see here out at Dow are attached very (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

(...) Only if they produced a larger radius curve so that our 8-wide trains didn't look *completely* whacked... :-) JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

(...) Oh really, how do *they* sound? ("Hey you, build 8 wide, and don't get any blood transfusions!") (...) I've got a hypothetical: What if TLC started producing 8 wide trains? Would that instantly make it "OK"? -John (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

(...) Oops, my bad. I didn't know that box cars came extra tall. I don't think you could make it any shorter and call it a highcube. It looks like is is 8 bricks and 1 plate tall (counting the 2 plate tall baseplate). A standard LEGO box car with (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

(...) ahem... those would be parts from the brand new <set:7106 droid escape pod>. --DaveL (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

(...) I see the picture, but what are "droid escape pod parts", and what set is it from? Please? /Eric/ (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

(...) Why stop at only 7? ;) They're actually pretty stable, more so than I'd have thought when I first started building. They'd probably crumble to individual elements if they hit the floor from table height, but to pick up and move they're not (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

Kevin Maynes wrote in message ... (...) Not over here there ain't. Heh heh! Kevin (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

(...) I think there might be one or two left in the world... (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

Nah, I cheated, I just remembered you wanted to build a copy of the tower. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

(...) car necessary?) James (who was just contemplating picking up 7 more of these himself...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

Now all I need is some 16W ones to do the space shuttle fuel tank....8?) Kevin Maynes <kmaynesERASE@THISpo...frBIT.com> wrote in message news:G4rD0z.Ivp@lugnet.com... (...) thought (...) perhaps (...) one (...) connection (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Sketch

(...) stuff with the droid escape pod parts, and there you are, the most recently posted message. Did you head back to Zellers on the weekend and clean them out? :-) SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Tank Car Sketch

Heya heya. I've been noodling with the new 8W 1/4-R panel bits, and I thought I'd jump the gun a little bit to show what I've got so far. They're not complete by any means, they need better trucks, a better undercarriage, perhaps a spine, and (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Want to trade for a 4560

Anyone out there be willing to trade for a 4560, (the German version of the 4561 Railway Express), condition MISB? I have over 200 sets to choose from. Just let me know if your interested, and I'll send you a list to choose from. Thank You: Monte (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fabuville 55 - 9v

Very nicely done, Sherry. I'm glad to see how it all came together. I can't wait to see it in motion! I can see that some future NCLUG show will need a Fabuland section to show off all of your work. Now we just need to get together with Mike to (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

(...) Tom, your new creations are cool. I like the waffle pattern. I think I can imagine how the wheels slide on your 44 ton loco. That's a nice solution, and I look forward to seeing details of it. Regarding 8-wide... noooooooo. Into the deep you (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

(...) You know, John, fellow GoBber, I love you dearly, but this constant harping on 8 wide makes you sound like a Jehovah's Witness. Especially when you're harping at people who have already considered it. :-) Perhaps if you were to come up with (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: Fabuville 55 - 9v

Indeed, captured the Fabuland feel in fantastic way. I'm wondering what a Mickey Mouse train might look like. Very similar, I suspect. You've definitely added a train theme where none existed before. Well done! I like the windows you used for the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Fabuville 55 - 9v

I missed out on Fabuland, but It's neat to see how you captured the feel. Very cute. "sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G4qw4w.6JH@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Fabuville 55 - 9v

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G4qw4w.6JH@lugnet.com... (...) I really like it! The yellow wheels is a great solution to capture the Fabuland 'feel'. I'm looking forward to see Fabuland Station! -Frank (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Fabuville 55 - 9v

(...) forth. (...) Hi Sheree, nice train, look like a circus train, to bad we don't see them often anymore. really interesting how you put the yellow well. Keep the good work. Martin (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

I agree the black is hard to photograph :( With the Waffle side car, I was going for an excess height highcube look (URL) . It's supposed to be taller tan a regular box car, but did I go too tall? The funny blue may be due to my cheap camera :( I'm (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

(...) lol how about LEGO Mosaic? You get one:-) (...) Actually, and not to debate the point, but I'm curious as to what your issues are-- care to share? (off-line if you wish). -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

Everything looks great. Too bad the black stuff doesn't photograph well. Car by car opinions (...) I really like this car. In the photos the lumber looks fine, even the empty car looks great. I do not know why, but I really like this one, even (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

Thanks John. and yes, I agree about the buffers. Unfortunately, I have used up all my Black '2x3 rounded plates with hole' on my diesels! Do you know of a good source of Black ones? Tom p.s. I have some issues with 8wide, which I believe have been (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

Very nice models, Tom. Since you are obviously a train dude and interested in the details of model trains, I would suggest that you try modeling 8 wide. Not much extra work, but the results *look* a lot better proportion wise, if a prototypical look (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: Fabuville 55 - 9v

(...) I found them delightful! Very colorful, very choo-choo:-) You really have out-Duplo-ed the Duplo trains! Thanks for posting, and welcome to trainstrainstrains:^D -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland)

  New Train Cars and Locos

I have made some more additions to www.lgauge.com . I added: 1) Bulkhead Flat Car with 'Lumber Load': (URL) lumber needs some work! Anyone have any ideas? 2) Gondola: (URL) Waffle Side Box Car: (URL) previously seen at the recent wamaLTC meeting: 4) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Fabuville 55 - 9v

Just put pictures of my first train at (URL) fantasy, hope y'all find it amusing.... FV 55 started as a push train, and was converted to 9v. Takes less than 5 minutes to add/subtract the motor and track wheels to switch it back and forth. In FV 55's (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Canadian HO & O Scale Decals

Did you notice that Microscale had a page for custom models. It would be cool if someone could get a LEGO model up there. The description of the building process could start, "Well, I started with a bucket of ABS and a picture...." Thanks for the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian HO & O Scale Decals

Dean- I have found that there are basically 2 companies who make decals: MicroScale: (URL) , and if big Mike doesn't have them, try Champ: (URL) One (or both?) has a PDF downloadable catalog. <adding .trains because I think others might be (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian HO & O Scale Decals

I knew this would happen. I was in Toronto a couple of years ago when I picked up this book (see link) (URL) This is an exstensive photo collection of canadas trains. it includes VIA CN CP RAIL and many other train lines. I will scan as many (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Canadian HO & O Scale Decals

Does anyone know where to get Decals for HO & O Scale for Canadian lines? From within Canada if possible? I'm looking for VIA ones at the moment. Also, does anyone know where there are some GOOD pictures of Trains? I've been having a hell of a time (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding doors / mail van is done

(...) Nice. Can't wait to see it for real in LEGOs. I like the way you still have the blue train doors and the barrier walkway between cars. - BTW, does anyone have these grey arches 1x3x2 and (...) Sorry, don't have any of those. I know <set:6454 (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Hobby Trains are increasing in popularity

I just read in the Wall Street Journal that hobby trains are increasing in popularity. Lionel is releasing a dozen new models a year, and even Microsoft is getting in on the action. "Microsoft's market research pegs annual retail model-train sales (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  sliding doors / mail van is done

Hi ! Remember my question regarding sliding doors, the mail van I needed the idea for is done (unfortunately only in MLCad, but I do miss some bricks and will be on the hunt now - BTW, does anyone have these grey arches 1x3x2 and panels 1x2x2 (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Cars and Water Tower

Bob Hayes <bobhayes1@aol.com> wrote in message news:G4M2yD.1yu@lugnet.com... (...) 14 !!! All the same direction too :( (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  crossover?

As many of you know, there is an ongoing effort to draw model railroaders into our LEGO(r) hobby, which has been having some positive results. I decided to conduct a little bridging test with my latest Milton Train Works custom kit... I posted the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steel Industry

If I can fill in any blanks?? Please e-mail.. I work in a smelter. I have had this on my mind for a long time, just have not gotten creative to put something together. It would be a great idea.. I think you have to think big if you decide to go all (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Cars and Water Tower

(...) Tom, I like the tower - how many wing peices on top? Bob Hayes (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) Good eye, Paul! Yes, I got my primary inspiration from it. Here is a pic for those following along at home: (URL) mine again: (URL) for reminding me, Paul! -John (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steel Industry

(...) Well the Blast furnace as a HO model is about 27 1/2" by 10 1/4". So since lego is about O, and HO is half of O. Just the blast furnace would measure 4 by 2 feet(27x2 by 10x2) THATS BIG, and thats just one component of the whole shabang! Well (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steel Industry

(...) I cannot think that anyone has. I don't have the area to do even a decent impression of one (esp. not with everything else I have :). I do have a working coal unloader (that might help), and I guess if you have HO models, you have photos from (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Steel Industry

I was working on my HO model railroad yesterday when a thought came into mind. Steel Industry. As large as a steel plant is, it would be a marvelous model with a huge amount of space and bricks required. Has anyone actually modeled a steel plant (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train Cars and Water Tower

Dan Boger and I recently made some new train cars and a Water Tower. Check them out: (URL) include two Box Cars and a Heavy Duty Depressed Center Flat Car. The Cow and Calf switchers were made by Dan at the recent wamaLTC meeting: (URL) more pics of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) Is that the model of the Soo Line tower from Eau Claire? Paul (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train groups and LEGO

(...) If there is any logic ( and I assume there would be), then it would be that the stores don't *want* the train stuff to sell. For example, look at Target's luck with selling the 4561. Now I have a pretty good idea how well they sold at retail (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train groups and LEGO

The other day it occurred to me that North America has probably 80% of the worlds LEGO train clubs... And yet, LEGO refuses to sell the Train Stuff in the stores... you tell me where the logic is... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: a new kind of draw bridge

(...) Along with the floating crane to lift it into place! (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: a new kind of draw bridge

(...) In a way, I wish you hadn't shown me that. :-) Now I'm going to have to create it with LEGO... SRC LEGOArches and other StRuCtures (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

I agree with John that outdoor lighting is the best, this is my favorite shot from the Outlet Store show: (URL) know it's not an impressive MOC or anything but I just like the shot, simple foreground subject, nice mini-fig working in the back, then (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) There is (kind of;) (URL) were just experimental, hurried together shots. For final "keeper" shots, I'd manage the background more carefully, add figs, etc. I am divided about photographing MOCs in either "real" or LEGO created scenes. Pics (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New numbers - 45XX out?

(...) Yes, but 4562 is still open, but 4561 is blocked by the Railway Express. Oh, well, at least it's train. I really hope that racers(they look like Duplo in my opinion) don't make the 9V line extinct. Kevin McMillin ---...--- "We should be (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Train Station and Interlocking Tower

(...) In fact those are COOL models! The gray roof on a tan building really is an eye-catcher. Regards, Ben BTW: Why is there no 8-wide in front of that building? (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact