 Trains / 8405
Re: New Train Cars and Locos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:54:31 GMT

Very nice models, Tom.  Since you are obviously a train dude and interested in the
details of model trains, I would suggest that you try modeling 8 wide.  Not much
extra work, but the results *look* a lot better proportion wise, if a prototypical
look is what you're after.  Also, I'd loose the buffers, which aren't proto to US
stock and locos at all.  I use the 2x3 rounded plate with hole to hold the magnet:
http://lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/3176.gif

When I see LTD (LEGO Train Dudes) who are doing cool stuff, I try to bring'em into
the 8wide fold:-)

-John

Tom Cook wrote:

I have made some more additions to www.lgauge.com .  I added:

1) Bulkhead Flat Car with 'Lumber Load':
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Bulkhead/bulkhead.htm
The lumber needs some work!  Anyone have any ideas?

2) Gondola:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Gondola/gondola.htm

3) Waffle Side Box Car:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Waffle/waffle.htm

Also, previously seen at the recent wamaLTC meeting:
4) 44 Tonner (switcher):
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/44tonner/44tonner.htm

5) MP15 (multipurpose loco):
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/MP15/MP15.htm

6) SD45 (six axle loco)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/SD45/SD45.htm

7) Slug (traction motors only; no prime mover)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cook_thomas/Trains/Slug/Slug.htm