 Trains / 8461
Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:11:12 GMT

"STEVEBAR" <stevebarile@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Carlo,
Thanks for the reply! Why use the hinges and 1x2 with rail plate? Is this • to
strengthen the housing? In my attempts I added a 1x2 plate under the 2 • hole
1x6 plate and no 1x4 tile underneth.
I can't seem to get to the automated yard picture can you reply with a • diect
link to the picture?
SteveB

I used the hinges to keep within the "ItLUG train modules constraints".
We specified the rails to be one plate height over the baseplates...

You can see pictures of the (small) yard here:

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/itlug_20001001/generale4.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/itlug_20001001/porto.jpg

I hope to publish a small video of the yard soon.
It can swap the relative position of three wagons: let's say A, B and C are
three wagons (the small hoppers in the pictures), and L is the loco. You can
go into the yard with this train: ABCL, and came out with CABL.

Cheers
Carlo.