 Trains / 8495
Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 05:43:43 GMT

Carlo,
I built this version (see link below) and still the motor tears itself of
the plates, once the gear teeth ride up on the top of the rack teeth. If I
reduce the power level thru the RCX then there isn't enough torque to
overcome the "stickiness" of the switch track mechanism :(

I'm trying to build it again and lock the motor against the rack with some
technic beams. I'm actually using a ZNAP beam and a ZNAP (drk gray) lift arm
for the push rod. The combination of these pieces allow me to get under the
push rod without elevating the switch track.

I post pics if it works out.
SteveB