 Trains / 8460
Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:06:03 GMT

"STEVEBAR" <stevebarile@yahoo.com> wrote...
Carlo,
Thanks for the reply! Why use the hinges and 1x2 with rail plate? Is this • to
strengthen the housing? In my attempts I added a 1x2 plate under the 2 • hole
1x6 plate and no 1x4 tile underneth.
I can't seem to get to the automated yard picture can you reply with a • diect
link to the picture?

This is a link to the page (sorry, not yet translated to English). Click on
the pictures to enlarge them:
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/itlug_20001001/legofest_6.html

and links to the pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/itlug_20001001/generale4.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/itlug_20001001/porto.jpg

Mario Ferrari built a sensorless (obviously without feedback) version, • and
it still performs fairly well.

I confirm a built a sensor-free version that performed amazingly well. Very
solid, 100% reliable. You have just to properly time your motor not to run
(and stall) longer than necessary.

HTH

Mario