 Trains / 8497
Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 06:25:47 GMT

STEVEBAR wrote:

Great tip, I never thought about using multible pulley/rubber bands! A big
problem is the detent, the two at rest positions are very "sticky". Naybe
more then multible rubber bands can even move. I'll give it a try.

I made a design that used a clutch gear and fit into a house. It worked very well
when the switch was "warm" but wouldn't always trip it when it had been sitting for
a bit.

But it allowed the throw arm to fully though the switch one way or the other but
not come back on it's self. I've been thinking of going to the belt method myself
to try to get "That little bit more".

My main problem, like everyone one here is that the house is just too big. For my
switch yard I can't fit a house for each switch.  But if you can create a working
switch you can actually switch much more then three with an RCX. I have a (MS)2
that switches 6 different devices and that can be ramped up to over 12 with some
small adjustments. http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_ms2.html

Hope that helps and I'm looking forward to hearing your latest ideas in the switch
track field. GRIN

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html