 Trains / 8413
Re: Fabuville 55 - 9v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:03:34 GMT

Indeed, captured the Fabuland feel in fantastic way.

I'm wondering what a Mickey Mouse train might look like.  Very similar, I
suspect.

You've definitely added a train theme where none existed before.  Well done!

I like the windows you used for the passenger cars.

100% Fab-Brick-ated ;-)

And, concerning "the only train parts used", I must say that most MOCs and LEGO
original train creations only use those same train-specific parts, too.  Nearly
any other piece type I can think of off-hand used on a train creation has also
appeared in non-train models.  The exception may be the special wagon base
plates and the nose with headlights in the 4561 set...ut-oh...and, the special
one-time appearing black window in the yellow/black engine of the Freight Rail
Runner...
I see your point.  I should be quiet, now that I've substantiated your original
point.  (blush)

Back to the train:  Great Fabuland Train set!
Thanks for showing it off.

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Cook writes:
I missed out on Fabuland, but It's neat to see how you captured the feel. • Very cute.

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message • news:G4qw4w.6JH@lugnet.com...
Just put pictures of my first train at

Pure fantasy, hope y'all find it amusing....

FV 55 started as a push train, and was converted to 9v.  Takes less than 5
minutes to add/subtract the motor and track wheels to switch it back and • forth.

In FV 55's 9v incarnation, the yellow wheels are merely a decorative facade.
When the motor and track wheels are removed, the yellow wheels  become
functioning wheels with the bars connecting the 1st and 3rd wheel pairs on
the engine having a pleasing (at least to me) rotation.

Proportions are a result of parts  on hand and Fabuland figure size.
Considering it all started with a 6497 Twisted Time Train, I think it turned
out fairly well.  The only *real* train parts are the 9v motor, track
wheels, and magnetic couplers.

sheree