 Trains / 8396
8395  |  8397
Subject:
Hobby Trains are increasing in popularity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:23:13 GMT

I just read in the Wall Street Journal that hobby trains are increasing in
popularity.  Lionel is releasing a dozen new models a year, and even
Microsoft is getting in on the action.

"Microsoft's market research pegs annual retail model-train sales at $1
billion world-wide, the paper said. A 1997 hobby-industry survey estimated
the U.S. market alone at $1 billion and growing at a rate of 12 percent a year."

So I was wondering when LEGO is going to start releasing some decent new
trains, as well as other train accessories?  What are they waiting for?

--
  David Schilling