 Trains / 8438
Re: 9v motor dying
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:37:29 GMT

Lars Brandt wrote:

I have a 9v motor that works for about 5 minutes, then slows down, and
eventually stops.  Wait 5 minutes, and it can go a little bit, then slows
down, and stops.  It's like the motor's juice needs to be re-charged.  Is
this motor dead? or is there something I can do to save it?

Regards,
Lars

My guess is that the grease has dried up and the things slowly seizing up. As
it heats up it causes my friction etc...

As for a train motor, same thing I'd wager. The Train motors have a little
metal heat switch that breaks the current when it gets to hot. Sort of like a
flashing light bulb.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html