 Trains / *682 (-100)
  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

(...) Speed Regulator! That's the name I was trying to remember! Thanks. Steve (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Slag Car: more detailed images

Not a new creation. Just more pictures of the ol' slag car. There are four new images which show a little more detail as to the construction of the model. Go to (URL) either click on "What's New..." or follow the links through the "Train Creations". (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dilemma: How best to honor Gary Louie

Thanks all for your thoughts. I got some good offline suggestions as well, and what I'm seeing form as a consensus is to auction off whatever stuff ends up being donated (there's no need to actually send it to me, the donators can just send to the (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railroad Dilemma

Ben, Thanks Ben. I will try it out tonight. In question 2, I was just saying if I ran one train around track#1, and had the switch going to track#2 (and not having the controller on, all the trains would be switched off), would it cause a problem, (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railroad Dilemma

All, see my comments below prefixed with 'ben>>' (...) ben>> Lego trains seem pretty blow up proof, but I'll keep trying. If I find a way to blow them up using only Lego pieces, I'll let you know. (...) ben>> Yes. Simply be careful not to cause a (...) (26 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

power source? do you mean the black speed regulator? (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

I think #3225 is a decent set I guess, (I looked over it a few more times since my initial post), but I wanted more train cars, and I bought #2126 instead, simply because I thought it was better for a good selection of different kinds of train cars. (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railroad Dilemma

That sounds great Matt, in regards to TD3! I guess my biggest concern involving the train situation is I would like to have one switch rail between two lines or different tracks, each having its own controller. I have a few questions regarding this (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  9V and 12V train speeds?

If anyone has measured any of these or could easily do it, I'd be curious to know how fast both 9V and 12V engines are, in any load conditions, e.g. motor alone, engine alone, engine with any number of cars; to compare with 4.5V engines, which seem (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 (was Re: Lego made a Caboose!)

Matthew Bates writes: ... (...) around a circuit, (...) bridge support and (...) remember this (...) I had this problem at a recent train show I had a table at - my tipper car also rammed into a tunnel wall I had built, so it had to be re-routed an (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

(...) I don't think 3225 is Town, Jr. at all. Kind of a crappy design (I don't like mis-use of logwall bricks). It is *small*, and (I'm sure) not very prototypical (which isn't a problem for me). But it is a *cheaper* train than LEGO has ever (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

Funny, that's not what happens in my movie clip-- he returns to the track and buys it again...and again...and again on continuous loop. Sometimes frame by frame! It's Bill Murray in some Legoan Punxsuwtawney thing... BTW, I have access to new in the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

The rescue helicopter arrived on scene within a minute, but alas...there is no hospital. I thought he was finished, but the resilience of LEGO people alway astounds me. Miraculously when he was pulled from the helicopter he was unharmed! He returned (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3225 (was Re: Lego made a Caboose!)

(...) To beat Ben Fleskes to the punchline here, given the recent morbid fascination with wrecks on this group, is that a bug or a feature? :-) Agreed, though I think the tipper car in 2126, since it has two compartments, has a lower center of (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railroad Dilemma

(...) Track Designer will not detect shorts created by attaching more than one controller. It only detects shorts caused by reversing loops. However, that is a feature that I would eventually like to add to version 3, so that you can tell TD where (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  3225 (was Re: Lego made a Caboose!)

(...) Actually, this set has grown on me since I got one for Christmas. It's quite cute as Larry says. I still think it could have been done better but all in all it's worth buying. I wish I had a few more. One annoying thing is that if you run it (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

(...) It is small and has fewer pieces than other train sets, but I don't think it is "juniorized" completely. It uses mostly regular pieces and I think its low piece count can be attributed to its low price more than anything else. Definitely worth (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

(...) Well, I don't think it's nearly as Juniorized as 4561, that's for sure, but I do agree it has stuff that's not as great as say, 4563. No need to grovel, though. (...) posted to lugnet.reviews around 18 october. Also given to adequate.com but (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railroad Dilemma

Thanks, Ben. I am using Matt D. Bates excellent Track designer program (I did it on AutoCad for a long time, without much success!), and I am trying to see if I can get just a simple switch between the two lines so that the current doesn't short (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

Of course the Great Larry is correct about the nature of the car AND its *value* as a set. I recently purchased 4 upon hearing the rumor from a reliable source (Deep Throat) that the set will be discontinued this year:( Asking for humble (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railroad Dilemma

Scott, A good question to ask. Assuming you will have two lines/loops, I recomend one controller on each loop, with a pair (or more) or switches connecting the two loops. With this sort of layout you can move your trains between loops easily. It (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

Larry; Sorry, Larry, I stand corrected. I humbly ask for forgiveness, I remember that discussion for 3225 now. I still think it is a Town junior approach to the trains, however. I could not get myself to buy it. I can't seem to find your review on (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Railroad Dilemma

Greetings All; I have torn down my current city and am resetting it up for both a monorail line and two train lines. I want to have a passenger train one as well as a freight line. I have bought 4 train sets, plus a few train cars (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

(...) 3225 Cargo train is a good value. I have 3, I think, and plan to get several more. The per piece price on bogies, motor, red windows, low slopes, etc, is quite attractive. And I think it's a cute set in its own right, see my review. However (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

Yes, they also made it for that awful cargo train sometime last year, with the SAHS catalog with the California Semi flying past a broken bridge, if I remember right. I wasn't going to buy it, just for the caboose. Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego made a Caboose!

Ya! and check out the neat alternate models including an open air coach. Cool. Thanks for the pointer. (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego made a Caboose!

Yes, It's True! Lego once made a Caboose, and the Instruction scans were uploaded to kl.net! It is set number 164: (URL) Just thought you all would like to know! Jeff (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New railroad points?

From www.lego.com (press relase) "There are no fewer than seven new products in LEGO SYSTEM Train. They are the car-transporting Alp Express train, a railway station, a container crane, a service wagon, a train wash, new points and a snow-clearing (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

No, I don't _think_ you all have misled me...but that's beside the point. The point is, was that unfortunate minifig rushed to a nearby hospital with no back walls and DID HE MAKE IT?!! {:O (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you...but haven't we all done it? (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Railcars (Esp. British ones!)

hehehe...nope...The First "Railcars" were steam, with what looked like a 0-4-0 (well, it -was- a 0-4-0) under one end, and a regular bogie under the other. Then came Sentinel/Cammel Railcars, which started out looking the same, then became (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

Now hold on just a gosh durn minute! I thought I was going to see a "train crash" when I downloaded your movie, not LEGODEATH II: The Metroliner Strikes Back! Bad form Jack! Run Home Jack, Run Home Jack, Run Home *splat*...... (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

A train crash page, a cool idea! Go for it! I like a good crash. Robin W. (...) they (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

Sorry, the page is (URL) direct link to the "accident" is (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

Reminds me of my favorite band... The good old Grateful Dead... "Driving that train.... Casey Jones you better watch your speed!" -- Bryan (someday I will make a Jerry mini-fig) Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) crashes. (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

Ben, I would love to see train crashes. My favorite involves ships, planes, vehicles, and trains myself. (I played Simcity way too much! :) ) (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

(...) they (...) Any chance to see that on TLC or FOX in the comming month? Martin :) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

As you can tell from the QT movie on my site I always enjoy some good LEGO train carnage! Chris (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet another PNTLC event

(...) Whew, I'm glad you don't work for Amtrak. =:*)p --Todd (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Yet another PNTLC event

All- Yet another great Pacific Northwest Lego train event was held this weekend in Portland, Oregon, at the Great American Train Show. The layout featured an entirely new Waterfront area covering 15 square feet with three bridges. The largest of (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  e-mail change & UK train show

My e-mail addresss has changed, it is now; david@graham167.freeserve.co.uk Also a reminder about the LEGO train stand at the model railway exhibition on 13th March '99 at the Abbey Centre, Hunsbury Hill, Northampton, UK. There will probably be 7 (...) (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Bar CODE

As you know in the table were it is possible to program the Bar code there is a cube in the part where there are the time, I do not understand what it is possible to program whit the cube . Somebody can give me a little suggestion. Tanks Francesco (26 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

Mine were delivered today. :-) Julie (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Duh, yes. 11.25 is just wishful thinking. Never mind. Well one teeny downside to your switch proposal is the new geometries that would result. worth it though, to be free from the tyranny the current geometry imposes. (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) No, curves are 22.5 degrees. If you give Track Designer bitmaps at 0, 22.5, 45 and 67.5 degrees it can generate all the other possible rotations. However, the existing registry only has track at all these rotations, road plates, monorail[1] (...) (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) I forgot to say that Magenta was the color I picked to be the "transparent" color because I did not use any magenta or anything remotely close to Magenta, in my bitmap image. This may well be a "MS Paint" thing, I forget where I was working at (...) (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Oops. Forgot the bit about the viewpoint. That can be passed to LDraw as well. It's the -a parameter. Steve (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) But rotations in 22.5 degree increments would be better, of course, and 11.25 might even be best, as we are then at the resolution of a curve segment, no? Since that requires rather complex calculations, it's more natural to have a rendering (...) (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Next show (was Re: DCC Trains

Larry and Newsgroup readers, (...) Sorry about the bad post mapping, sould of used reply. (...) Used Track designer for track layout and you got it bitmap editor for the rest. (...) I'll see what I can do. (...) I don't have ldraw, is it like ACAD? (...) (26 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Yep. Pass in a .DAT filename, and include the -MS parameter (for Mode Save). A bitmap will be created in the ldraw\bitmaps directory. It will have the same filename. If there are step commands in the DAT file, several bitmaps will be created, (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) I feel more confident I will get my sets now. I noticed on Kaplan's site they updated it to show the close out price on both the close out section and the screen you get by just doing a search. I figure if they can't deliver the product, why (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

Hi Put me also to level 3 I did some searches on the internet some month ago. Here a good comparison. It seems to me that the mrc stuff could be a solution for our lego train problems. Daniel Heppler Burgdorf, Switzerland Matthew Bates schrieb in (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) Well, my order has already been sent to the manufacturer, they are going to drop-ship them direct. Unfortunately, they do NOT include the 6649 and 6535 anymore. FORTUNATELY, since my orders were so large, I was able to use the catalog special (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) I'm not too familiar with LDraw, can I call it with a design (.DAT file) and a viewpoint and get back a bitmap somehow? Matt (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) A stand-alone utility could call LDraw (or LDLite) to produce the images, but extract the (port) information directly from the .DAT file. Calling into LDraw/LDLite is pretty easy -- both programs are command-line driven. The utility would have (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Track Designer can already automatically rotate [1] and scale any new bitmap that you give it. I'm not sure why you would want to do this in an image editor? What are the weird artifacts that you are referring to when using magenta as the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

This sounds like an excellent idea, however I'm not sure how to implement it. If it were a built in feature of Track Designer it would require that the entire rendering engine of LDraw be built into TD. A bit daunting! If it were built into LDraw, (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) LOL, the girl I spoke to on the phone who told me the sets are due in the first or second week of March was named HOPE!Julie (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

(...) Shouldn't give any problems. (...) If we just register the port information for the relevant parts (road plates, track, and monorail track), and inline all sub-files (not including parts) the inlined version of the model will contain indirect (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

Yep, that was EXACTLY what I was thinking of. The convertor should create the needed views (all the rotations), and if it can handle the scaling too, so much the better. Just scaling bitmaps down in an image editor gives weird artifacts if you're (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)

Larry Pieniazek (lar@voyager.net) wrote: [...] (...) Sounds like a rather good idea. It would probably not be that difficult to create a LDraw to Track Designer converter. I presume that all sub-files (except for track parts) should be converted to (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: R; RED and Green light

Francesco: (...) LEGO has only had signals for the 4.5 V and the 12 V series. Does anybody have suggestions for working signals for the 9 V series? For the signal itself you can either use 1x2 plates with a diode or use two plain diodes. I would use (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) Hmmmm, I didn't buy THAT many of the set. And I bought them over the weekend. I'll be calling tomorrow morning to verify that I am actually getting what I ordered, and WHEN it will be in. I sure HOPE they have mine reserved, and will be able (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Trains

Robin, Nice layout ((URL) is the yellow thing next to your 5! LEGO voltage regulators? By-the-way, the plane....very nice touch. Chris (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Dispatch from the front line

Well I hit my first MPLS Target today.... Perfect demographics... close in to the inner city, lots of socioeconomically disadvantaged shoppers. No one with any serious money for large sets. Should be a mother lode based on past experience. I'm (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

regarding the set... I ordered 3... we'll see. Kaplan wasn't as crisp as usual. AND the catalog part of the site was down this AM. CSR said that they were doing maint. Let me tell you, you don't take a commerce site off the air just to do (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Next show (was Re: DCC Trains

Hey Robin, < Note that you have your followups set wrong, other responders to Robin's original post will have to modify it from DCCTrainsIdea (not a group in the lugnet news hierarchy) back to lugnet.trains... > I wish I could see your next show, it (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: R;I am looking for same US trains set

3225 should not be too hard, perhaps you could make a quick trip to Germany?? It's still being sold. 4558 will be a challenge unless you're willing to pay around 300-350 USD. It's the most coveted 9V and been out of production for several years. (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

I would have to go with a #4. I am just guessing that #3 would be too exspensive for me. Chris (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  DCC Trains

I am new to this news group and DCC Lego Trains sounds good to me. put me down for a 3 or 4, sorry about the late reply. Robin P.S. 39 days untill the H & R Train Show (St. Petersburg, Florida) See my web page for info: (URL) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New stuff at the Train Depot

Hi Matt: Great idea with the RCX built into a boxcar. I recently built a coaltender to hide the controller from the barcode reader (same size). I have it programmed to do the chug/chug sound slowly while at speed 0, then to increase the speed of the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

Hi Matt, Sorry I am late replying to your survey, I haven't had computer access for about a week. Put me down for number 3 or 4. In one of the recent model train magazines they were advertising a voltage regulator, which could limit DCC output to (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  R; RED and Green light

I am new in this meter but I never sow something to stop the trains like a red or green light ( I do not know the name in English) LEGO built this type of parts.Francesco (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  R;I am looking for same US trains set

I am Italian and is very difficult to find same trains sets in my country I would like to have the set number 4558 and the 3225 same of you have same suggestion for me where I can find it .Francesco (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

I'm either a 2 or a 4, depending on how complicated #4 is. Steve (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  DCC Survey Results  [DAT]

Not exactly a huge response, but here are the results... Level[1] Replies 0 0 1 0 2 2 3 8 4 6 5 3 19 total There is certainly some interest but maybe not enough to justify getting a batch of PCBs commercially manufactured for the encoder/controller, (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

Larry, I think they used those rails on the Launch and Load Seaport (6542) (I have 2!) as well. I never saw a shorter version however. Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

(...) <snipped nothing important. Really, not important.> You know, if you take a hacksaw and a 4.5V real segment... Jasper (26 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  help wanted

i am trying to model the red front with the windows from several 9v locomotives in ldraw (a program for making lego on your computer) but... i need someone with a digital camera who has this part to please take a photo of the back view. also i need (...) (26 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

Steve Barile dropped me a note, said he's having trouble posting, and wanted to make this comment: (...) I did know that they were using the small train wheels but missed that the wheels were riding on tiles. Bizzare. There is something funny going (...) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

Hi Matthew, You can put me down for No.3 as well, provided the final product is as durable as Lego and comes with a replacement warranty. Mark H. (...) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

Thanks for the insight. Just dreaming for future Lego creations. Maybe some person will come up with the motorization schematic? I have a wish that 9v would have more to offer. I was sort of disappointed in the recent catalogue. Kurt :-) (...) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

(...) #3--with really good directions, so a newbie can make it work (without help from the computer kids;) Make it a good day. Louise Belles (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switches vs. Turnouts

(...) Most of the times on the railroad that I work for (Norfolk Southern), if one is referring to the points of a switch, we call them points, as in to make sure there is nothing fouling the points before throwing a switch, i.e. something that fell (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

Put me down as a 3. I assume that DCC decoders are cheap enough that I could equip ~15 motors and not choke at the expense. (Forgive my naivete about model railroading - I haven't bought a non-Lego train since the mid '70s.) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track combinations using two ovals

(...) <UI deleted> And where's the fun in that? Jasper (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

Put me down as a 3 and I'd probably get 5 or 6 units if the price were reasonable. (300-400 total for 5 units and the interface to my PC) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switches vs. Turnouts

(...) Crossover. This typically will mark the beginning or end of a block in CTC territory. It typically did not require an interlocking tower. (...) A crossing. There is no implication of connection from one track to the other. However, since the (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

(...) Matt, Put me down as 4 and maybe 5.... Thanks Jim (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

(...) That's one reason I was reluctant to work on it before Christmas, with the lack of any new trains for 2 years and with all the electronic gizmos Lego have been making I was worried that maybe they had been busy working on a DCC [1] system of (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

It's a great idea. One Lego should have come up with by now. (3). Perhaps Lego will copy your design and make their own, the same way they stole your crossing track;) BTW, can it be Mac compatible? -John (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

(...) I'll choose #3 as well. It has been a lifelong dream to have several trains running on a big layout controled from my computer. If the process of putting it togther only requires minimal "amatuer" soldering, I may be up to putting it (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC Project Survey

(...) Put me in at #3. Of course, if you develop this and sell it, I will finally have to give up using 12V track and accessories and buy 9V. That is, unless you also devlop a version using the 12V center rails :) (...) -- Thomas Main (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track combinations using two ovals

Hi Asher, (...) Or a mirrored one. You can make a fairly presentable dogbone that way. You need to get yourself a copy of track designer. Go to the train depot and get yourself a copy. This is a brilliant program! Far better to doodle with track (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  DCC Project Survey

How many people are interested in my DCC project? Please email me with an interest level (0-5) 0. I think it's a silly idea. 1. Yes it's interesting but I'm happy with standard LEGO trains. 2. If I could buy it ready-made and it was cheap, I might (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Track combinations using two ovals

If you use one of the ovals to do the ends of an oval, and use pieces from the other oval to fill in the sides in a curvy pattern, then you can do anything, as long as you put the same arrangement in both sides of the oval. Simon (URL) What (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Track combinations using two ovals

What combinations can I make using pieces from two oval track sets? I've tried several combinations but they always are a little off. -- Asher (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rocky Ridge... Canyon?

(...) My Own Creation IIRC :-) (...) It should be in the RTL FAQ IMO. Carbon 60 (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rocky Ridge... Canyon?

I apologize for my ignorance- what's MOC stand for? I can't find it in the FAQ for rec.models.railroad which I assume it originates from. (nor in a FAQ for rec.toys.lego, which contains no explanations for the frequent use of TLA's in RTL) (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact