 Trains / 623
Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:34:33 GMT

Yep, that was EXACTLY what I was thinking of. The convertor should
create the needed views (all the rotations), and if it can handle the
scaling too, so much the better. Just scaling bitmaps down in an image
editor gives weird artifacts if you're already using magenta for your
background color.

I would convert EVERYTHING including track images, because expecting the
convertor to understand something like a monorail/road station which has
two monorail ports and two road ports is a bit much. It would be hard to
get it to do the port commands right. Better to use tagging.

Perhaps some lines that LDraw views as remarks could be used, with a
defined syntax, to handle stuff like the PORTS and port types. I believe
there is precedent for doing that as well, isn't there, in the
directives that can be embedded for L3P to use? I forget.

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Larry Pieniazek (lar@voyager.net) wrote:

[...]

How about getting track designer and ldraw to link up?? would that be
cool or what?

Sounds like a rather good idea.

It would probably not be that difficult to create a LDraw to
Track Designer converter. I presume that all sub-files
(except for track parts) should be converted to top view
bitmaps and a Track Designer file which referes to the
bitmaps and the track positions should be written.

Or was you thinking of something different?

Play well,

Jacob

        --  E-mail:         sparre@nbi.dk         --
        --  Web...: <URL:http://hugin.risoe.dk/>  --