 Trains / 628
Re: LDraw and the Track Designer (Was: Next show)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:35:18 GMT

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:25:29 GMT, "Matthew Bates"
<train_depot@yahoo.com> wrote:

If it were a stand-alone utility it would have to have the LDraw engine plus
TD file format knowledge.

A stand-alone utility could call LDraw (or LDLite) to produce the
images, but extract the (port) information directly from the .DAT file.

Calling into LDraw/LDLite is pretty easy -- both programs are
command-line driven.

The utility would have to know some details of the LDraw file format and
the TD file format.

Steve