 Trains / 634
Re: Next show (was Re: DCC Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:08:31 GMT

Larry and Newsgroup readers,

Larry Pieniazek writes:
< Note that you have your followups set wrong, other responders to
Robin's original post will have to modify it from DCCTrainsIdea (not a
group in the lugnet news hierarchy) back to lugnet.trains... >

Sorry about the bad post mapping, sould of used reply.

I wish I could see your next show, it sounds swell!

Regarding:
http://members.xoom.com/robstorm/show-1a.htm
Nicest layout map/plan I've seen yet. Did you do the buildings in track
designer too (there is a way to define new "pieces"...) or with a bitmap
editor after doing the basic layout?

Used Track designer for track layout and you got it bitmap editor for the rest.

Note that using a bitmap editor is easier for a one off, but if you plan
to modify your layout and want to keep updating the map, the investment
in learning how to do new pieces is well worth it. Matt Bates responds
to questions, he helped me over the bumpy parts, but the helps in that
area are pretty well written

I'll see what I can do.

We had a thread going about how to get track designer to share creations
but nothing came of it yet.

How about getting track designer and ldraw to link up?? would that be
cool or what?

I don't have ldraw, is it like ACAD? I use Pro/E(3D model design tool)
at work and it would be the coolest, but one seat cost lots $$$$$.
Well maybe I'll use TD and paint their free...

Thanks See Ya...
Robin