 Trains / 606
Re: 4553
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:15:03 GMT

Larry,

I think they used those rails on the Launch and Load Seaport (6542) (I
have 2!) as well. I never saw a shorter version however.

Scott Sanburn

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Steve Barile dropped me a note, said he's having trouble posting, and
wanted to make this comment:

Larry, I can't post from home and .... Any way did you notice that the brush
carts are on small train wheels. Well they are using tiles as track. I've never
seen that technique before.
SteveB
pls post if you wish

I did know that they were using the small train wheels but missed that
the wheels were riding on tiles. Bizzare. There is something funny going
on with the wheels at the end, too. they seem to go off the edge or
something.

Must be they didn't want to make a shorter rail segment (1). Too bad,
really, as a shorter version would be handy. No comments about hacksaws,
thank you.

1 - all the sets (2) that have used the 4.5V rail segment piece have
used the actual segment, not a shorter version of it, I think. Can
anyone contradict me?

2 - for instance 4555 freight loading station and 6761 bandit's secret
hideout
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4555 )
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6761-1)