 Trains / 612
Re: New stuff at the Train Depot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 01:05:16 GMT

Hi Matt:

Great idea with the RCX built into a boxcar.
I recently built a coaltender to hide the controller from the barcode reader
(same size).  I have it programmed to do the chug/chug sound slowly while at
speed 0, then to increase the speed of the chug briefly, then to increase the
speed of the chug to maximum and the motor to 20/60 speed.  (Any faster and it
falls off the tracks at the curves)  It really sounds neat!  I was starting to
set up the sensor to detect the speed of the engine (using a micromotor also
running off the track power) to make the chugging always match the speed of the
train, when I dropped the reader, and broke it!  Now I am waiting for a
replacement.
I recently purchased the Mindstrom, and as it seems to have more flexibility
for sound, I was wondering if anyone has programmed the sounds for chug chug
and the sounds of a whistle with the mindstorm?
Michel Magnan

1. Pictures of my RCX built into a boxcar that I mentioned last week.
2. Pictures of a girder bridge made from Znap.
3. Thoughts about a new style of points.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/train_depot

go to Site Updates

Matt