 Trains / 572
Re: New stuff at the Train Depot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:54:03 GMT

Ben Fleskes writes:
If you do this, do you open your 9v train motor and disconnect the wires from
the pickups connected to the metal wheels.  This way you could run multiple
trains on a single track without blocking.  Or I guess you could run it on
4.5v
Haven't tried anything as drastic as rewiring a train motor, in fact what I
have it connected to at the moment is a rack and pinion (cog) locomotive which
is driven by a new style Technic motor.

Any info on how long six AA batteris will run
the 9v train motor.  Yes, I'd guess it has a lot to do with how many cars you
pull, but are we talking 30 minutes or 6 hours.  This makes a big difference
when planning PNLTC events where our trains run continously for 8 or more
hours a day.

I would guess about 2 hours on Nicads, 6 hours on Alkaline. More or less
depending on load and how long the train stops at stations ;)