 Trains / 652
651  |  653
Subject:
Railcars (Esp. British ones!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 07:22:48 GMT

hehehe...nope...The First "Railcars" were steam, with what looked like a 0-4-0
(well, it -was- a 0-4-0) under one end, and a regular bogie under the other.
Then came Sentinel/Cammel Railcars, which started out looking the same, then
became articulated (a la 4559), and then the AEC railcars for the GWR. (prewar)

There's a photo of a Lima model of the AEC's, on my web page
( http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049 ) I think under railways,
and shunting layout.

Railcars have had a very long history, and they really are facinating.  Also,
whlst not quite the same, you have push-pull units, most often GWR, with the
14xx series Tank engines (yep, once I had a model in LEGO of one, but not
right now).

I have a (somewhat) model of a Sentinel on the my lego railway right now.
It's not right by a long way, but I consider LEGO modeling to be an
aproximation...if I want finescale modeling, I have P4 stuff to build too...
(4mm, 18.83mm Track Gauge, exact miniture rail standards)

Anyway,

James Powell
Victoria BC