 Trains / *4382 (-100)
  Trains and Moving Components

I want to build a few trains with actual moving components. However, I'm not sure how to get components moving other than the wheels. :) Here are some similar examples of what I'm looking for ... - Smoke popping up and down from a smoke stack - A (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Electric Track

Thanks for all the help. David (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Is anyone here besides me from Oklahoma City??

I have been reading all these hundreds of posts by people from Oregon, Washington DC, and California. I would love to live in one of those areas, but i dont. So i am wondering if anyone here is from the Oklahoma City area. I think it would be great (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) Much better Barbara, thanks! I actually got to look at it this time (I gave up after 20 mins before, when still nothing was actully visible). Very, very nice work. The awning has a great look to it, and the interior is faboo! Kevin (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(X-post to lugnet.build) (...) I like the SUV. The small yellow "wing" on the hood gives it a "Land Rover look" and the cloth doors is a nice and creative touch. The wheels may look a bit small, though, but all in all you've done some very nice (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) number: (...) Oh, well... part numbers... I haven't fallen off that far yet. :) These are some of my favorites as well, as noted in some of my other models: (2 URLs) I just can't seam to come up with another way to put the roofs together and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) lol Sorry for the confusion; I "know" my fav elements by their parts ref number: (2 URLs) great job! -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) Sorry, didn't mean to ignore. I just thought you were speaking to the Greek members of LUGNET only (at least it sounded like Greek to me;-D) -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) I used elements from 6091 and 6081??? I don't have these sets yet so which usefull part(s) did I use? -Barbara (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) I've compressed the files more and added Height and Width tags. This should help in loading the page faster. Give it a try and let me know if it works. (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v output on 110v

Chris Thanks! The unsteady voltage might be due to oxidation in the rheostat? -BMW (...) multimeter, (...) running (...) steady (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) Asserting that it's due to having a Mac kind of proves the point that Macs cater to non technical users... anyone with half a lick of technicity would know that the true reason it worked for you is because you have a DSL line which is a much (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

Barbara: (...) The comments seem like it was more playing than "design". That is definitely a good way to build, even though some people shake their heads when they observe it. Play well, Jacob (whoose minifigs built a 1250 LU bridge - almost (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v output on 110v

Hi Brian, I got a low voltage of 1.5 and a high of 7.2. I was using a cheap multimeter, so I cannot say if it is continuous, but it certainly has that feel when running a train. The voltage was very unsteady (the multimeter is fine, it reads steady (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) And how! Not only is it 8 wide, but she made liberal use of the 6091 and 6081 elements as well{:^D Excellent work, Barbara! BTW, the images downloaded fine for me, but then again, *I* have a Mac;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

Cool! Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38AA032D.F359D4B5@v...er.net>... (...) The last batch didn't load for me either. Some browsers time out on the pictures (I've had this happen with both Netscape 3.01 and IE 4). Thankfully IE allows you to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WTB/WTT Black 6x8 low slopes

(...) Oh, sure, Tom. It wouldn't be possible to create such tour de forces without enablers like you! ;-) (...) I already am, piece by piece! (...) How generous;-, -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) details. The SUV is cool too, but I would suggest bigger tires and a taller windshield. --Bram (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WTB/WTT Black 6x8 low slopes

(...) You are one sick, sick individual. You need help. The first thing you need to do is get rid of all that nasty Train Lego, so the temptation isn't there. Send it all my way, I'll relieve you of the burden ;-) And I won't even charge therapist (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) Not really. There are well over 100 privately owned railcars extant in the US. There is a club of "private varnish"(1) owners and there usually are a number of them that show up at national NMRA conventions, and they have their own club with (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) But not too much fun to load over a slow link. consider using height and width tags on your images if you aren't already, it really speeds up getting to see at least SOME of the page. If you are... mumble mumble ++Lar (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: What should I do with 19 boxes of 4.5 Volt Grey Track

(...) Ebay Time Jeff (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  What should I do with 19 boxes of 4.5 Volt Grey Track

First things first, I know that I will burn in heck for eternity for x-posting a possible Trade/Sell item in lugnet.trains, but that is the price I am willing to pay. :-/ As a child I used to have a good size collection of the blue 4.5 track and (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) market, (...) Wow! Hey that does look like it was fun! I almost like the idea of a *real* private railcar. (Wouldn't that cause headaches IRL :) And John Neal would be proud.. 8 wide! The bathroom mirror made me lol! I wondered what I was (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  WTB/WTT Black 6x8 low slopes

I have a project [1] which will require me to get 10 of these. I have goodies to trade. LMK Thanks, John [1] God help me, I'm starting to build 14 wide trains8-O (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Webpage with 12 to 9V Signal conversion

(...) give (...) I have just downloaded Netscape and indeed it seems to have trouble with the stylesheets :-( I'll have to figure out how Netscape handles stylesheets differently than Internet Explorer. Thanks for mentioning it. -Frank (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Webpage with 12 to 9V Signal conversion

(...) Frank- Looks good but I assume you are using a fibblesnork background because you give credit for one yet I cannot see it using Netscape 4.5. All I see are random white rectangles. -John (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  12v output on 110v

Hi, Sorry if this has come-up before. Does anyone know the starting and top voltages output from the old 12v train transformer when operating on 110v line current? Also, I recall the output was continuous and not stepped. Is this true? -Brian (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Webpage with 12 to 9V Signal conversion

(...) and (...) Hi Frank, absolutely clear and exhaustive. Quite a good job! And you site has that kind of very clean and essential look that I love. Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v train motors at higher voltage

(...) My 4.5v motors are 30 years old and have been subjected to first 4.5v (of course) then 12v on a regular basis. They still work fine today though I have had them apart for oiling and re-bushing. I cannot think of a toy available that will take (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H: 4.5v Curved Rails

(...) (URL) Mike (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Fresno show

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Do *four* shows count as "a lot"? I'm certainly not going to claim to be an expert in this area. All I know is people seem to really enjoy the GMLTC layout, especially the kids. Many times I've (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Webpage with 12 to 9V Signal conversion

Hi, As promised I have put pictures of the conversion stuff on my webpage. (URL) would like to have your opinion about the page layout, is it readable, structured etc.? I'm experimenting with a RCX controlled freight station and I am planning to put (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) That has got to be THE way to take lots of photos!!! --Todd (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  Re: 12 signals in 9V setup (was Re: Blue Electric Track)

Hello, I have created a fully 9V version of the 7860 (remote controlled signal), but I rarely use it. The isolation afforded by the points usually suffices. If you want more details about the construction, I will have to dig out my notes. It does (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

Once again, those who run 6 wide have proven themselves to not care about those of use who model 8 wide. They probably don't have handicapped access to their layout, either. :-) It is unfortunate that many layouts can't handle oversized trains. I am (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) maybe you should look at the title of the picture, it's self-explanatory. (...) run anything 8wide. We had a minor design flaw where most engines couldn't approach the station because they would hit the platform coming through the turn. -chris (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Re: GATS Fresno show

Mike, The GATS regional shows are generally "selling" shows held for profits. They typically have many dealer tables and a swap/fleemarket area for private individuals. In Chicago they invite one or two token layouts to display each month as a draw. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:01:39 GMT Christopher Tracey <ctracey@wamalug.org> wrote concerning 'WAMALUG Train Show Pictures': (...) got home very late, so I couldn't upload the pics right away... everything is up now, all 3 days: (URL) was a lot of fun (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  Re: More WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) Crazy? I kinda like it, although it is a little skinny;-) Proper looking: (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Re: Check out these RoadRailers

(...) to attempt these a few months ago and then Cletus came down to a WAMALUG meeting with these cars. They run and look great! Cletus should also get kudos for traveling the most distance to WAMALUG meetings, he lives in SE PA. -Chris (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v train motors at higher voltage

(...) Heh, THAT sounds familiar to me :-) LEGO sold the sweeper-contacts in a servicepack (#703) and that was a cheap way to convert the battery operated train to 12V one. I never thought about the different motor types as a kid. Indeed, mine is (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v train motors at higher voltage

Dear Ben, the Lego®-motors are to small to have a thermal switch. Only the speed regulator has one, to avoid damage on the regulator by short cuts in the curcuit. But you can drive the 9V motor for quite a while with at least 12V, since all Lego® (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(URL) fess up, who owns it? They obviously own too many Metroliners, they can afford to do crazy stuff like this ;-) I need to talk to them, I need more windows/doors to work on my 20-car Metroliner. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Re: GATS Fresno show

(...) Woo-Hoo! An 8 wide DD40X{:^D I like it already, Mike! And by rights, you will have the longest diesel ever made to minifig scale (Since the DD40X was the longest proto diesel ever made, and yours is 8 wide which would be longer than any puny (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Fresno show

(...) GM/EMD DD35AX or DD40AX, no doubt. Is the cab narrow or extended? That's the distinguishing feature. (40 is extended, 35 isn't) Those trucks are steerable, I believe. The GE U50 is a B-B B-B or 4 two axle trucks. UP is notorious for (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) My ~200 vidcaps are up now, starting with setup on Friday. The halogen lights in the arena work so much better for my camcorder than incandescent lights. (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  GATS Fresno show

I went to GATS today in Fresno. That show was pretty weak. Granted, the weather was horrible, but almost every booth was for selling stuff - only a few layouts. I ran into a couple of people I met earlier at the train club. One of them loaned me a (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Check out these RoadRailers

I don't think I've seen these done before in Lego. Very nice, and spot on appearance. Kudos to Cletus Romano! (URL) Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - (URL) Mercator, the e-business transformation company fund Lugnet(tm): (URL) ref: lar, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

Hmm... (...) That foldername link HAS to be hand coded. There is no way to walk to that location and then copy what's in the link box into your cut buffer to paste, since what's in the link box is a f=nnn type link. (granted, the tail end of the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.publish)

  Re: More WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) It's best to link to the folder name, so if you do that you don't have to worry about updating your links. It may seem odd that you got a lower number, but even if it was a higher number the link would still break. (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va)

Will Middelaer wrote in message ... Make that link (...) number... (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  9v train motors at higher voltage

Hello All, Recently set up three interwoven figure eights, requiring 9 crossing tracks in my lego room last night. Lots of fun running three trains and keeping them from crashing. Then it's also fun to race trains around like a race track. Of course (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  More WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

I shot a few pictures of my own at the Sunday session of the train show and picked out a few of my favorites to post. Check them out at my Brickshelf gallery page: (URL) will write up a short blurb in a while to give more details on the show and on (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) Beautiful, I can't wait to see the photos of the rolling stock, incidentally, when are you guys going to take "The Great WAMALUG Train Show" on the road... think Greenbergs old thing could use a little help. (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

Pictures from the first day of the show are up. (URL) show is over now, everything went great. I didn't hear a single negative complaint. We were invited back for the next three shows. We will give a more thorough rundown of the show tommorrow... (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  Re: Blue Electric Track

(...) That's right. And all the other explanations given by you are valid too. Thanks. (...) Indeed there have been remote controlled automatic points first. They have been invented in the late 60ies (1969?). (...) It's mainly Torsten Wernecke, who (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attn Trainiacs

Doug wrote in message ... (...) you (...) Due to the current ongoing brooha about misplaced market posts, this is a friendly public service announcement... If you're unsure if something is a violation, consider reading the T&C and the charter of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Attn Trainiacs

I don't know if this is a violation, I just thought that it might be a good idea to alert those people that would probally be the most interested...if you also do N scale (or are considering starting out) see my post in lugnet marketplace "For (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 signals in 9V setup (was Re: Blue Electric Track)

(...) You could use an RIS... -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 signals in 9V setup (was Re: Blue Electric Track)

(...) element from the Technic Space shuttle and linking to a signal remotely via the fibre-optic cables. The idea is that a passing train operates the rotary element mechanically, turning the signal from green to red to show 'section blocked' to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 signals in 9V setup (was Re: Blue Electric Track)

(...) After reading this then It got me thinking of how you could do it in a full 9v solution, using the 9v light bricks. Is such a thing possible? How would you replicate the controller? You could do it with some fancy poll reverser swich, wire (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 signals in 9V setup (was Re: Blue Electric Track)

(...) It was great! Thanks. One thing for those of us who are squeamish about cutting track to make electrical gaps... there are at least two other ways. One is as follows: take 2 sections of track and put black electrical tape or some other thin (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  12 signals in 9V setup (was Re: Blue Electric Track)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> schreef in berichtnieuws 38A5FDF2.C56198C0@vo...ger.net... (...) 16 (...) If (...) Okay here goes: The 12V signal kit consists of four parts: 1. Electrical wire 2. The signal lights 3. Special track 4. The controls (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Electric Track

(...) I think this would be of general interest, please consider posting it here!!! (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Electric Track

(...) Many years ago this was the only track me & a LEGO maniac friend had...just for the record, between 1977 and 1981-ish we had built remote (manual) operated 4.5v points and multi-gauge track (std 6 studs mixed with 'narrow' 4 stud). We eveb (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Electric Track

Michael Pratt <mpratt@cix.co.uk> schreef in berichtnieuws memo.20000212194032....link.co.uk (...) For an overview check out Ben's site: (URL) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Electric Track

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> schreef in berichtnieuws 38A5C5DB.BC65FD7B@vo...ger.net... (...) I own the 725 [1] blue track freight train with some points and crossover track I also have some grey 12V trains so I might be able to clarify some (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Couple of new rail cars at my "Brickshelf (tm)" gallery

I was up prettly late last night throwing together a couple of "fun" cars to bring with me to the WAMALUG display tomorrow at the train show. First I made a car that I call the "Harlequin", named after a VW Golf model of a couple of years ago that (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Electric Track

This is one of several 12V sets old enough to have blue 12v track (URL) for us, some stalwart fan scanned in the instructions. Unfortunately for us, unlike with later sets, the instructions are mute on showing us how to put the track together so we (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More pictures of my Dash-8/9/? model

Larry, Thanks for the great feedback. I am not much of a trainhead (Lego or otherwise) yet, and those sites and pictures that you pointed me to were very cool and very useful. I imagine that future attempts to build "realish" looking train stuff (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Electric Track

(...) like? (...) switch like, (...) different colours, (...) There is a picture of the conductor rail in the Dorland Kindersly Lego book. It is just the same as the later grey. I would like to know what the trains were like ? Michael Pratt (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Piggyback trailer grabber made from container grabber.

Allan, I had nice seen your site before. NICE work. I liked evertything, and your bus...the bus looks very good. I like the use of the big windows. Much better than the LEGO busses. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Blue Electric Track

I was wondering what did the blue electric track look like? Especially what did the points look like, what was the switch like, was it just the same as the grey points but just different colours, or was it a different design? Thanks, David (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Piggyback trailer grabber made from container grabber.

(...) great photo-diaramas of LEGO buildings? Allan, I've bookmarked your site and I keep on checking back for more with my kids, there is a LOT of really good building, photography and general persentation happening here. Well done! Cheers, Ralph (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Piggyback trailer grabber made from container grabber.

Check out my Allanton's Latest News page for photos of my piggyback trailer grabber for loading trailers onto the flat wagons. The grabber automatically latches under the bottom of the trailer as it is lowered. It is hinged to clear the trailer when (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three Car Airport Shuttle

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38A4983A.B2ECD5@voy...er.net>... (...) I used these pieces to connect the third car: (URL) Filz asked how it handles the up and down transitions. I hadn't really thought about it so tonight I added a couple of (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Too Much Track

Thanks to both you and Frank for your help. I had already suspected that the turnouts had a much greater resistance (seemed to be common sense, and experimentation proved it out), but I think I also had a fundamental flaw in my layout. My longest (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

I used Character Map to find the (tm) symbol and pasted it into my post. It looked fine here, but was converted to a T when I posted it. Mike Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:38A4ABC5.635EFD...ger.net... (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three Car Airport Shuttle

(...) Sure, if you post pictures, but wouldn't you rather call it the Mike Poindexter Method(tm) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts Cisalpino Passenger train

(...) And consider it a measure of my depravity/addiction that I consider that a "good start" rather than a "large collection" :-) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three Car Airport Shuttle

There is a better method for connecting multiple monorail cars together. It require the ball and socket joints. I was able to get one to work and only sacrifice on "extra" stud from the female car and none from the male. James' system eats too much (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three Car Airport Shuttle

Are you using the James Mathis Connection Method(tm) ?? (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 new pics

When did you change your Logo??? It's nice, if a bit copycat-ish of GMLTC.. :-) Is that modeled after the old SP&S logo or just freelanced? GMLTC is a direct take off on the Milwaulkee road (see my brickshelf gallery... (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More pictures of my Dash-8/9/? model

(...) Well, I like the way you got the color striping worked into the body color, especially around the rear radiator flares. But I don't quite know about that nose. Are they really that rounded nd stubby? (URL) not a very good pic. It has the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Too Much Track

(...) Around 200 pieces is the max outward from a connector. I try to limit myself to 100 pieces (straight/curve, the points have _way_ more resistance), and it seems to work OK at that. You cannot add a 2nd transformer unless you separate the track (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Portland GATS

All, BTW: We will be showing at the GATS a week from Sat Feb 19-20 in Portland, OR. We will be showing many new models (as seem at OMSI) and the first 6-wide "Diver Theme" submarine monorail! All are welcome to "drop in" for the show! Here is a URL (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  7 new pics

Hi All, I just added 7 new pics on the www.PNLTC.org site under Galleries, Omsi 99. SteveB (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Wamalug at the Greenberg Train Show this weekend!

Well, the time is upon us! We have our first Train Show tomorrow and Sunday, at the Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. We are very excited, and we'd like to invite everyone in the area to come and see us there! For admission information (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: Too Much Track

(...) AFAIK it is not really required to add an extra transformer, instead add an extra connection to another part of the track to the same transformer and it should work fine. -Frank (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Too Much Track

I have a question that I know one of you train heads out there can answer. I recently purchased some additional track to expand my layout, and found that the resistance of the track quickly overcame the voltage of the transformer. Does anyone have (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Mike Poindexter (<Fpqzvn.MB4@lugnet.com>) wrote at 04:16:35 (...) How about just AR - artistically right. (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) Neither are most Lego fans. I mention Minifigs to people buying Lego at work and they give me a blank look. It's kinda sad actually. =/ (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) I suppose Lego trains could be L6 for 6 wide and L8 for 8 wide. Anybody else want to start a Lego Train Scale naming convention? Mike (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) Ahh, if you phrase it "What scale are LEGO trains?",a question the GMLTC hears constantly at train shows, the answer is a quick "L" scale (the GP isn't savvy enough to handle "MF";-) What scale it approximates with respect to model (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More pictures of my Dash-8/9/? model

D'oh! I saw your title and thought that you meant a DeHaviland Dash 8, not a GE DASH 8/9! (The DeHaviland is an airplane, not a locomotive.) -Cheese (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  More pictures of my Dash-8/9/? model

Well, I finally got my digital camera and got it up and running, so I made up a quick and dirty web page to share it. Please let me know what you think. (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New picts Cisalpino Passenger train

(...) My "set list" at my web site is a bit old. I'm not sure how many more LEGO sets I've acquired since I made that list. (Not very good with accounting.) Maybe the set count is at 500 or so, now? Not really sure. For the former 430 set count list (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) It's all relative. Five minutes to replace a few bricks versus Several months painstaking skilled modelmaking/painting. I know which I'd rather do! (cue 'age of instant gratification ruining classic creative toys' debate) Jon (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) Well, I'm not so sure about the robust construction even when dropped part. I think most creations disassemble themselves when dropped on the floor. The difference from fine-scale models is that chances are nothing actually broke, and even if (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact