 Trains / 4197
4196  |  4198
Subject:
GATS Fresno show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 06:07:09 GMT

I went to GATS today in Fresno.  That show was pretty weak.  Granted, the
weather was horrible, but almost every booth was for selling stuff - only a
few layouts.

I ran into a couple of people I met earlier at the train club.  One of them
loaned me a UP Loco I am almost finished modeling.  It is 8 wide, 76 long
and uses two four axle trucks.  Yes, four axle trucks!

I have tested it out around the loops and except for hitting the point
switches and looking stupid around a tight curve, it runs fine.  I will post
pictures later.

The main point of my post is this:  Are these GATS shows mostly people
selling stuff or was our show an exception?  I was disappointed.  On a
better note, though, I think that we will really blow away the displays with
a good LEGO layout.  I was only impressed with one layout.

Mike Poindexter