 Trains / 4175
Re: Blue Electric Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 20:43:07 GMT

This is one of several 12V sets old enough to have blue 12v track

Fortunately for us, some stalwart fan scanned in the instructions.
Unfortunately for us, unlike with later sets, the instructions are mute
on showing us how to put the track together so we don't have a
definitive answer.

However I think this one helps:

It looks a lot like the grey track to me. That does NOT answer your
question about points (turnouts in US parlance) but if you nose around
on this list:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?theme=LEGO,SYSTEM,Trains,12v

you may be able to do it yourself. It looks like sometime around 1976 is
the blue/grey cutoff as 1980 sets use gray.

Oh wait, it loaded while I was typing that so go look here:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=755-1 (manual)
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=753-1 (automatic)

I'd say they look a lot like grey turnouts, except for being blue

Contrast with:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7858-1 (automatic)
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7856-1 (manual)

David Graham wrote:

I was wondering what did the blue electric track look like?

Especially what did the points look like, what was the switch like,
was it just the same as the grey points but just different colours,
or was it a different design?

Thanks,

David

--