 Trains / 4184
Re: 12 signals in 9V setup (was Re: Blue Electric Track)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 06:26:01 GMT

After reading this then It got me thinking of how you could do it in a full 9v
solution, using the 9v light bricks. Is such a thing possible? How would you
replicate the controller? You could do it with some fancy poll reverser swich,
wire and conducting plate work.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

This is exactly what I am working on. I am using the rotary light emitting
element from the Technic Space shuttle and linking to a signal remotely via
the fibre-optic cables. The idea is that a passing train operates the rotary
element mechanically, turning the signal from green to red to show 'section
blocked' to following trains.

In my case the signal is conveniently turned back to green to show 'section
clear' when the train passes in the opposite direction on a parallel track via
another m,echanical link. The function of this signal is not decorative - it's
purpose is to flag train occupancy of a hidden return loop. Getting it to work
reliably is another matter!

Jon