 Trains / *31715 (-100)
  Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

(...) With 9v track, no way. 9v track does indeed rust if exposed to water over time. If you go with RC track I don't see why you couldn't run it outside but keep in mind that dirt acts as an abrasive so keep the track off the ground or take steps (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

(...) Absolutely. It's called "building an addition on your house". Seriously, though, it is entirely possible to run LEGO trains outside (our club has been involved in three separate outdoor displays that I know of, two of which I've participated (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

After moving 4 times in 4 years, I find myself with a house. Unfortunately, there is not enough room in the house or garage for a lego train setup. But I do have a large, fenced in back yard with lots of trees. So then, is it possible to weatherize (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

Steve B and everyone participating: I hope you all have a wonderful time. I wanted to come up to Detroit, but I have other LEGO related commitments all day that Saturday in Muncie, IN. Remember - pictures....lots of pictures!!! B (17 years ago, 12-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

(...) Dang it! I want to go. Hrmph. After seeing pictures from previous years, I can only imagine how spectacular it will be this year. What I wouldn't give to be able to attend, to represent TexLUG (and selfishly show off my modest collection of (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

(...) Jim, Having seen your work before, I think it's a compliment that they used your MOC's for the flyer. I also think its funny that the flyer indicates your MOC as the actual building (the power line in the "actual" looks out of place, which is (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

(...) I am really looking forward to the national train show! I plan on displaying virtually all my stuff as part of the MichLTC layout. I want to take this opportunity to issue a disclaimer. I did not contact NMRA and I made no deliberate attempt (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Vermont Brick Blast 2007

(URL) NELUG> has been invited by the Middlebury, Vermont, Chamber of Commerce to participate in Brick Blast 2007. The event takes place this weekend, July 14th and 15th at the Middlebury American Legion. Information about the event can be found (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.vt.bur, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

(...) Hi Matt, Thanks for offering to do this. This is something I would definitely like to take you up on. I love good food and drink (and company!). Best, Jonathan (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sleeping coach Polish Railways

(...) Very nicely done, thanks for sharing. I love the use of the telephone reciever piece for the handles - I haven't seen it before and it looks great. -Matt :) (17 years ago, 9-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

I am very familiar with the city of Detroit from great restaurants and amazing bars to the University and Cultural/Museum district architecture and a bit of histroy. I would be more than happy to show some people from the various clubs around. I (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

(...) Well I have an update, if anyone is interested. It looks as if the TSRR has been saved, but not in the most favorable way. Instead of giving it the money it needs, the Texas Government decided to give operational control to a specifically (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

Hi All, Just wanted to remind every one about the NMRA National Train Show LEGO layout. There will be ~12 clubs jointly diplaying their best stuff in a giant ~100'x100' layout. It is at the Cobo Conference/Exhibition Center on July 27 - 29, 2007 in (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) Oh, I had no intention of using 2x4 bricks to add counterbalancing weight (unless, of course, they were magnet bricks). They just happened to be handy for a weight estimate, but using them permanently would have caused some of the same (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) I tend strongly towards the "purist" end of the spectrum, but when my son really wanted to make a LEGO trebuchet I couldn't bear to dedicate my weight bricks to a project that I feared would never be disassembled (it still hasn't). Instead we (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) This reply may be useless for you since you got the weight brick, but it can be useful for those who don't have any: Brick 2x4 is not the ideal part for adding weight because it's hollow. Plates have definitely more ABS per volume unit. 24 (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

(...) Thanks Tony... However, I don't think my LDD Dreyfuss Hudson really counts (I have to say that LDD attempt was lacking in a lot of areas since improving my train building skills). To be frank, I abandoned building the Dreyfuss in real-life and (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

(...) I was already bummed out for missing Brickworld, but to see that all of these great steam engines were there too just makes me depressed. I've studied most of these online for some time, and it would have been great to see them in person. I (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

(...) SNIP Looks great, Ted. I'm glad you followed through in completing it in real life. Along with you creating the Dreyfuss Hudson, this is another engine that I'd like to build that you beat me to :) I don't have anything constructive to add (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

Q: How much would a weight brick weigh, if a weight brick could weigh weight? A: Pretty much half of what I needed. I got two weight bricks today, and while they may not be the exact perfect amount of counterbalancing, they are sufficient for the (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Sleeping coach Polish Railways

Hi all, Just uploaded a few renderings of my new sleeping coach type WLABdmnu from the Polish railways. This international train drove from Moscow through Poland and Germany to Brussels. Now this train doesn't come to Brussels anymore. My car has (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: SCLTC goes Red, White, and Boom! at LEGOLAND California

(...) I am sure you sweat your worth as you worked! Hot hot hot I know. Funny thing is the park-goers probably didn't know what great building skills you and your family have! I am a big fan of the US Flag, so seeing such a nice version made from (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC goes Red, White, and Boom! at LEGOLAND California

(...) Eric- After we finished putting it up Friday night, Susan and I could not resist going back the next day to see visitor reactions. It is certainly a be must-take photo-op spot. It's visible from outside the park entrance and the boat ride (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: SCLTC goes Red, White, and Boom! at LEGOLAND California

That is great Ted! Thanks for posting this. :) Eric Sophie (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Paging Tim Gould, Paging Tim Gould....

(...) John, I am in no way a POV-Ray expert (I'm pretty much a novice) but I have done it on a Mac. The tools I use after putting together the model using ldglite or MacBrickCAD or Bricksmith are the Mac OS X version of L3P, POV-Ray 3.6, and (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

(...) Ben, Thank you for your thoughts. Your presentation on “5 Steps to Create Cool Lego Steam Engines” helped immensely when I was designing this MOC (thanks again Tony Sava for linking). I admire the attention to detail in your engines, so I am (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Web Site and Database

"Paul Sinasohn" <singlow2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:JKB9xC.p5G@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for the offer. The e-mail archives are fine, they were on a different server, it was just the database (unfortunately) which was lost. Mike (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Paging Tim Gould, Paging Tim Gould....

(...) I could be wrong, but that image looks like it came out of LDView 3.2. --Travis (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: sub station?

(...) This one is from the UK GWLTS 3. I can't remember who made it though: (URL) was it the year later: (URL) Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk) irc: irc://irc.blitzed.org/ web: (URL) +44 (0)780 8369596 (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Paging Tim Gould, Paging Tim Gould....

(...) Hmmmmm... do I give my secrets away or not? ;) In truth I don't think my renderings are close to the nicest but they are very cheap in terms of time for a fairly high reward (or at least one I like). Unfortunately right now is not a good time (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Paging Tim Gould, Paging Tim Gould....

I'd really appreciate your help, Tim. As you now know, I'm a Mac person and so I never got into MLCAD, and haven't really explored Bricksmith too much. Ross, however, has puttered in MLCAD, and can create models fine (although he needs to learn (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

In lugnet.trains, Ted Andes wrote: SNIP (...) (URL) Dear Ted, this engine is amazing for a LDD creation! There are some really well done details on your design. Allthough I am not familiar with US trains, I immediately recognized this engine (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not? // piracy of models

(...) [snip] (...) Dear Damon, thanks for your involvement in this case. Last week I have been at the "Power Gen" exhibition in Madrid so I could not answer earlier. When I was made aware about the above quoted act of piracy by a fellow LEGO fan, I (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sub station?

(...) Ondrew, Do a google image search for "substations". You get quite a bit of images, and links. (URL) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: sub station?

(...) Ten x ten is a bit small, but perhaps this will give you some ideas: (URL) luck! Lawrence (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

(...) Frankly, neither can I. When you posted the pictures from the PennLUG Display at The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, I thought for sure I'd see one that you built on the tracks somewhere... Digging deep into the Brickshelf archives, I did (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

(...) The T1 is my favorite PRR passenger engine and is on my long list of equipment to model. I cant believe you beat me to it. Your Engine looks great. Getting such a big loco to work in 6 wide is a real challenge. I think you did well in (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

(...) (URL) BrickWorld photos> and just had to share these two videos. (URL) 1> (URL) 2> That is my (URL) “Lindbergh Special"> and Ross Neals (URL) Polar Express> racing around the TCLTC layout. Cale (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Web Site and Database

[ ... snipped ... ] (...) No, the mailing lists are hosted on a different server. There was no information from Northstar that there were any problems with the mail server. Mike (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PRR T1 #6110

Sorry for replying to my own message, but I just realized that I posted in plain text instead of formatted text... another victim of the late-night internet gremlins. Re-posting the pictures below: Brickshelf pictures once moderated. (4 URLs) Link (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  PRR T1 #6110

I have finally completed building the PRR T1 MOC that I planned out in LDD2. Naturally, I still had to make modifications once finally building in real life. Apart from the BBB wheel set and linkages, all of the pieces used are available from the (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: sub station?

(...) Substations usually have some transformers of various shapes with lots of cooling fins and insulators... although I haven't built a whole substation before, I did design a LEGO Factory model of a transformer transporter car, based on a real (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  sub station?

Hey all, I’m looking to build an electric substation to put on a new module and I need a little help. Currently my plans are to make it about the size of a 10x10 baseplate but I have no idea where I should start. I kinda realized some of you have (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

(...) Thanks The E6s is my second steamer I've built (not counting my copy of Steve Barile's (URL) D&RGW Loco>. So far it's been remarkably trouble free. My Decapod however needs some tweaking to cope with the strait curve, strait curve track (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ATSF "Beep"

(...) Thanks, Ondrew. I must admit, though, the stairs aren't my idea. I saw them (URL) here,> (URL) here> and and many other places before. But it's still a really nice technique for making the stairs. (17 years ago, 30-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ATSF "Beep"

(...) niceley done. love the stairs. ondrew (17 years ago, 30-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

(...) John, Nice Hogwarts! You need a dash duster, or were you going for the "weathered" look? I've found that in Wal-Mart/Target, in the automotive section, there are "dash dusters", that are used for..well, dusting your dashboard. I've found that (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Contest - Name the LifeLites Lbrick

(...) Hm..can't wait to drop one of these into an airplane... two red flashing lights..one on top, one on the bottom, wingtip lights, and lighting pointing at the aircraft tail..not to mention some landing lights... (Then there's the airport runway, (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) Huh. Never noticed that Bricklink offers weight listings for parts. Interesting. (...) Helps very much. It means that the two weight bricks I have on order will weigh more or less the equivalent of 46 2x4 bricks, which is probably close enough (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

(...) You are most certainly welcome, Cale! Your train is not only beautiful to behold, but it runs like a champ as well! And we know how hard it is to get exceptionally looking MOCs to run exceptionally well. You have succeeded nicely! And the (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

(...) Thanks for the compliments, Brian, but I just want to make clear that, short of bank-rolling these MOCs, I can take no credit for their design or creation! I merely bask in the glow:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Contest - Name the LifeLites Lbrick

(...) (I am cross-posting to .trains and .town because I think they would benefit from this post) Folks, Rob was kind enough to allow us to place his new product, the Lbrick (as it is currently named:-) into my emergency vehicle, and it was nothing (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

(...) It was great to meat every one and see all the wonderful approaches to modeling steam in LEGO. (...) An engine as big as a Big Boy can be difficult to get running. This one ran very well around the track and had good detail. (...) Every thing (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Best of Steam - Brickworld 2007

Posted on behalf of Brian Williams If you couldn't attend Brickworld 2007, then here are pictures of some of the finest Lego steam locomotives found running there this past weekend. Each shows the clever use of parts and is a labor of love for the (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) Easiest place to look is BrickLink, which has a lot of the weight data: (URL) to them: Weight Brick 2x6x2 = 53.3 grams 2x4 Brick = 2.32 grams Of course, as I recall BrickLink weights were slightly on the high side-- not sure how that affects (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How much does a weight brick weigh?

(...) I did some looking around BrickLink and found the what their scales read for the 2x6x2 weight brick and a 2x4 brick- 2x6x2 = 53.3 grams 2x4 = 2.32 grams So... 53.3/2.32 = just under 23 (22.9 something) Meaning it takes 23 2x4's to equal one (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brick-built hopper

(...) Very nice, especially given the limited LDD palette. Only one suggestion, and it's an easy one too, add one or two 2x2 round plates under each of the round top hatches to bring them level with the catwalks on the roof. Benn (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  How much does a weight brick weigh?

I have need of counterbalancing for a project I'm working on, and I need to add the equivalent of up to 50 2x4 bricks in weight. Naturally I started looking at 2x6x2 weight bricks. I don't currently own any, though, so I'm wondering how much they (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Brick-built hopper

Hello all, I've finally decided to buy one of my LDD train models. To be more specific, I bought the sodium-chloride hopper that was the winner in the freight rolling stock category on the save.9vtrains.com contest. It isn't exactly the same one as (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Web Site and Database

(...) If there are any email messages that need restoring or resending, I probably have them archived. Let me know if you need them. Paul Sinasohn BAYLTC/BAYLUG LUGNET #115 (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickworld Keynote - Updates on the Future of 9V Trains?

(...) Nothing new and the standard "We are working on it" was the given answer. I will have the opening ceremonies and keynote video posted in a few days. I'm having a few problems with it at the moment. -Jeramy (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Brickworld Keynote - Updates on the Future of 9V Trains?

I was reading the Telegraph's article on Brickworld, and it mentions that the keynote speaker, Richard Stollery, was grilled on pressing issues such as the future of LEGO Trains and female minifigures. Could someone who attended the event please (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Web Site and Database

(...) Mike, Does this affect mailing list subscriptions? If so, we need to get any NMRA club reps to re-sign up soon. -Jeramy (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  ILTCO Web Site and Database

As you may or may not know, Northstar Computers (where ILTCO.org is hosted) lost their database server a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately the backup system which they have in place also failed which resulted in a complete loss of all MySQL databases (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Announcing Brickvention 2008!

Well folks, it’s finally here! The second all-Australian public LEGO fan expo, Brickvention 2008! To be held in Melbourne, Australia, on January 26-27 2008, Brickvention is still in the planning stages, but we are currently working on: Presentations (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

(...) Ben; Droped this guy an email yesterday through ebay and got this response: Hi, I understand the anger, I made a mistake about this model and I have already talked this through with Ben Beineke. Regards, Yoni Hopefully he has touched base with (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

(...) It's good to hear they will act. Does this mean you create needlepoint and collect Lego? Interesting combination of hobbies. (...) Copyright law is complex. Ownership of copyright is usually very easy (at least when it's not part of a (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

(...) If I were you I would contact ebay. Send them the pictures that you have and let them know that you want it taken off. I had several needlepoint designs copied and kits were being sold on ebay. I had a copyright on them and because they (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

--snip-- (...) That is terribly dishonest thievery (there is no other word). Can you contact eBay and ask them to retract the auctions for selling stolen IP? By posting on BS you do not give up your rights and you own the copyright for the design (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

(...) [snip] (...) Dear James, whenever a design gets under attack of a pirate, this is two things at the same time: it is of course a praise of the original design (why else should someone else copy it?). But at the same time this can be an (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

(...) Guys: Thanks for the feedback. I'll see about sending Kevin a message about it. later, James Mathis (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Very Rare 1966 Retailer LEGO Train Brochures

(...) (URL) ___...___ (...) I've got 3250-En, a UK pamphlet titled "This is a Lego Train", The same 3166-Ty you have, and it's French counterpart 3166-Fr, the warranty card with mail-in portion in French. You'll also find a rare 1966 Portuguese (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

(...) James; This looks exactly like your B-Unit, and no it is not ok to use someone else's pictures with out at least a nod to them! Foregoing all of the obvious negative comments that could be thrown around, I think that you have taken the right (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

(...) I think you should complain to Kevin and ask him to remove the design. Regardless of the outcome that person needs to learn that stealing people's work is a bad thing. This community is built on trust and sharing and passing someone elses work (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?

I think someone is showing some of my work at BrickShelf. Other folk have this happen, too? My original work with the graphic assistance of Jeroen de Haan: (URL) a re-use and organization of the same images (I think) by Train417: (URL) a nice (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) Here's my three axle truck, designed for the LDD palette. It is more functional than decorative. The middle axle floats to make the curves easier. I've built a few and they seem to work well. One change from what's posted, for each of the door (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Water Tower

Hello, Here is an idea I came up with for a water tower for the roofs of some of my buildings: (URL) I've used the Viking wheels and I am quite happy with the way it come out. I feel it offers a bit more detail than using the smooth round panels (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) SNIP Hidden motor for a smaller Co-Co setup: (URL) Funkier bogies for box cars, which can swing up and down thanks to the hook+rod arrangement: (URL) And my latest and current favourite, the bogie for an RS-1 I'm making, using Scimiters and (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7997 Train Station available from Shop At Home

(...) I love your train station using the Cafe Corner pieces. Nice work using the windows to make a clear platform roof. I never thought to try a vintage depot using the CC pieces. Very nice work! -Dave (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

Here's another one from me (from the Love Missile). I'm not 100% certain it works but figure it's more than likely. The connection to the magnet may be too weak for use in a long train. (3 URLs) MPD> Tim (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) Thanks everyone who has posted so far. Please keep them coming though, the more the better. Tim (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

(...) The geometry is not completely useless, it looks like you set the switches such that both tracks feed the same destination in a given direction (R or L). But if you always run on the righthand side, then you'd set the switches to the R exit (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7997 Train Station available from Shop At Home

(...) The mug is actually sitting on a table of a make-shift cafe on the roof. Someone posted pictures of the packaging on Brickshelf... now if I could only find the staircase to the cafe in those pictures... (URL) Brickshelf Folder (URL) (...) Cafe (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7997 Train Station available from Shop At Home

(...) Right - it seems to be aimed at new-to-the-scene RC train folks, to expand their stuff, while still a bit attractive to 9v powered railers. Seems incomplete to have just the facade of a roof instead of a fully sloped one. What's with the red (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7997 Train Station available from Shop At Home

(...) This is exactly what's holding me back from purchasing this set. The RC rails are useless to me right now and the price per piece is just too high compared to some of the other great sets out right now. I'll probably buy a couple more Cafe (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  7997 Train Station available from Shop At Home

In addition to the recently-released 7996 Train Crossing (dual-crossover rails), the 7997 Train Station is now available from S@H for $45 and has 387 pieces. Although vastly more attractive and architecturally-aware than several previous train (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Clifton D. Chambers stop ignoring me and ship the jambalaya box!

please note that i have tried every method i know of to contact Clifton without posting this to lugnet. this is my last resort. Clifton D. Chambers, You have had well over 2 months to ship me the jambalaya box. I am getting really tired of emailing, (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) Here is my freight truck design. (URL) The side frame detail was borrowed from John Neal. In order to get better running performance I used a short piece of (URL) 1/8" brass tubing> inserted through the 1x1 light clip plates to act as an axle (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

(...) From the small picture in the box front, yes. (...) Again, from the box pictures, it is not. (...) ...right. Definitly a nice add-on for kids' layout. AFOLs will probably made their own mods. With the new tracks system (non metal tracks), new (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7996 Dual Crossover Available from US S@H

(...) Huh. So one switch controls both main lines at once. I hope it's a 3-position switch, because otherwise you can't have both main lines in straight mode....?? (17 years ago, 18-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) I also have a set of very low profile bogies using the same technique as yours which I'll post when I get home. (17 years ago, 17-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) (URL) Here> are mine, Tim. They were inspired by your design. (17 years ago, 17-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) These were for a BR class 47/57, but should work for any bogeys with 3 wheelsets: (URL) bottom of the two is the one I decided to use on my Class 47 seen in: (URL) Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk) irc: irc://irc.blitzed.org/ web: (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Post your bogie/truck designs

Hi all, I've noticed a few queries lately on various bogie/truck designs and decided to make this thread to keep track of what people have done. Just post pictures of any bogie or truck designs you have that you think other people may be interested (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Ferrari Lancia D50 racecar and a BR Lowfit wagon

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Wallpaper> (URL) Flickr> (2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Hi all, Just compound posting some MOCs. The (URL) Lancia D50> is a beautiful piece of design and engineering from Ferrari in the 50s. The model is pretty much as you see it (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LMS Shunting Engine with Tender

(...) I've also just added a dockyard shunter, made from the 10183 Hobby Train set parts. This is an overhaul of the one I built for Huw's set review party. I was able to make a better job of it without other people trying to nick the parts at the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flatcars

(...) "Pensy" Im sooo sorry- im tired, time for bed. No more lego-ing for me today. (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flatcars

I really love the Pansey Flatcars, mb someone could throw the instructions up on lego? Great Job! (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flatcars

I really love the Pansey Flatcars, mb someone could throw the instructions up on lego? Great Job! (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Bavarian S3/6 steam engine in odd color livre

That's a beautiful train, both the LEGO version and in real life. Excellent work. (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact