 Trains / 29241
Re: Santa Fe B-Unit: OK or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:21:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
I think someone is showing some of my work at BrickShelf.  Other folk have this
happen, too?

My original work with the graphic assistance of Jeroen de Haan:

And a re-use and organization of the same images (I think) by Train417:

It's a nice re-organaization of the instructions.  I guess I have some concern
that the pics were taken, but I'm not that bothered by it.  Maybe it will call
attention to the design again, and get others inspired to build it or build
their own versions...again...as the B-Unit is a bit of an aging project-- old to
many, but still fresh to newcomers.

Just wondering what you all think?

Thanks.

later,
James Mathis

I think you should complain to Kevin and ask him to remove the design.
Regardless of the outcome that person needs to learn that stealing people's work
is a bad thing. This community is built on trust and sharing and passing someone
elses work off as your own breaks the trust by abusing the sharing.

Tim