 Trains / *29315 (-100)
  Le Capitole - BB 9278

Hi all, Just my little version of Le Capitole. I believe this was the first passenger train to achieve 200km/hr. (2 URLs) BS Gallery> Please let me know what you think, what improvements I could make. Thanks, Tim (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Hi all! This is in fact a nice idea! But I have one comment to make: this solution is causing friction between brass tube and metal axle, while the original solution is "rubbing" only on the very tip of the metal axle. The higher the diameter (...) (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) wonder? Way better solution than knifing away plastic if it works... ++Lar (19 years ago, 12-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) (URL) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Motor dilema

(...) Anthony- DCC = Digital Command and Control, an electrical signalling protocol used by many model railroading hobbyists to provide remote control of 1000s of trains at the same time on the same layout using essentially simpl parallel wiring. (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Motor dilema

(...) Forgive my ignorance, what is DCC? I do plan on sending in my bad motor. I went back to my Santa Fe rolling stock and found all of my observation car-style cars have horrible friction damage to the upside down studs between the wheels, as has (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) That's it in a nutshell. I bought some SF carriages and Super Chief and after running them for only a short amount of time it slowed right down. The Motor was cutting out due to the load, from the weight of these heavier carriages. Not the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Rail Runner and Sticker Idea for Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) (URL) 2-wide New Mexico Rail Runner> 3 car set: 69 pieces plus 8 stickers (URL) No SNOT, no windows. Stickers make or break the MOC. Convert to ILTCO stickers? later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Motor dilema

(...) Anthony- I've reported on this same subject before. The fundamental problem, viewed from the top level, is that LEGO train motor assemblies are not reliable and behavior can deteriorate rapidly and randomly according to usage, load, and luck. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NYC grit of the past

I was rummaging around the sky scraper forum and found this thread (URL) These are the types of images that inspire parts of my layout. Burnt out NYC of the 70's and 80's (and beyond, in some cases). These images, as tough as they might be to view, (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Motor dilema

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IvssBt.BKC@lugnet.com... (...) It is by no means dumb. [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Anthony - What you described has been mentioned several times. Cary Clark reported on the experience he (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Motor dilema

Please forgive an old castle-head/train novice if this question is dumb, I'm new at this. This past weekend, TexLUG put on a modest (for other train lugs, sizeable for us) display, seen here: (URL) finding out that my Santa Fe engine and cars all (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: curved roof element ideas

(...) Hey mat, I understand your question about manufacturing parts and here's my take on it. BBB wheels were made because TLC basically refused to do it. Now the reason fans have embraced BBB wheels is because there weren’t any alternatives. I.E. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-06, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: curved roof element ideas

(...) No problem, as for parts modding. I'm well down that slope. I've been known to cut a brick or plate to get a needed smaller version, I.E. a 1x1 brick in dark orange, and making custom 9v train track. My first mod was drilling holes to wire up (...) (19 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  curved roof element ideas

I really like the newer element, (2 URLs) But it'ts difficault to use in a 6wide train roof if you want roof detail. So I was doodling with a view other part ideas. And I wanted to get some feedback. (URL) And of course these could be made in parts (...) (19 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Gateway LEGO Users Group (GtwLUG) will present at the Great Train Expo

The Gateway LEGO Users Group (GtwLUG) will present at the Great Train Expo, two tracks of steam and diesel train models running on a 12' x 16' layout with various scenes made of LEGO bricks. Watch trains travel by a water features with working (...) (19 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) Thats a clever use of the printer slope for the windscreen Tim (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Tim Gould" <t.gould(AT@)lancast...c(DOT.)uk> wrote in message news:IvGB6w.Hsv@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I have a 2-wide steam train on my BrickFest badge. It is a bit dark but you can see it here: (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) One of the folks I'm ALWAYS impressed with is Jason Allemann of ParLUGment in Ottawa...you should check out this 2-wide he did--maybe not prototypical, but it looks very nice: (URL) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LNER 4468 "Mallard" - sorry but it's not a two-wide

(...) Just wanted to say it publicly: That's the best SNOTty nose job I've seen on a loco in a long while ;-D Legoswami (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) Finally found a few minutes to slap together version 1.0 of an idea I had, trying to model the 2 new trains LEGO is coming out with. I had limited time, so for now only the passenger train. Several modifications are pending, the cantilever is (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LNER 4468 "Mallard" - sorry but it's not a two-wide

Hello again... Some thanks first: to Samarth Moray for critiquing the model today and helping me improve it and Mark Bellis for bringing the proto to my attention over on Brickish. My six-wide take on a Mallard, the fastest recorded steam train. (2 (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) After telling Ross about your proposed project, he reworked a loco he had built a few years ago in red: (URL) JOHN (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dutch 1851 - by Joep Klazen

(...) (URL) This> shot shows the scale improvements beautifully. I still like my toy train size but I agree it is improved in eight-wide. Tim (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) (URL) Two wide freight train>: (URL) total pieces: 120 pieces loc: 54 pieces hopper: 17 pieces oil car: 20 pieces box car: 29 pieces later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) (URL) Two wide ICE>: (URL) total pieces: 149 loc: 52 coach: 45 later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) And ironically enough the paint job itself looks good despite being totally un-SNOTted :) With a slight risk that this topic is starting to get a bit boring, here's my take on that theme: (URL) And, btw, (URL) here>'s a slightly improved (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

--SNIP-- (...) This is great James. You've got excellent SNOT work all through it. I especially like the middle car. Lovely! Tim (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) (URL) 2 wide AMTRAK Acela Express> with service to Washington D.C., Philadelphia, and the Northeast Corridor. Pack lightly, diet...space (S-P-A-C-E!) is limited. (URL) There are several versions shown. Differences include nose elements and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Adaptive Sloping Track Module

I've just posted a drawing explaining how to extend a railway layout when the track slopes at the point of extension, without intrducing an excessive change of slope. (URL) is used in my new large layout, which will be 16ftx12ft (37x28 of 16x16 (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wonderful Show in St. Paul (Pictures Posted!)

(...) That picture must have been taken Sunday afternoon after we started tearing down. Usually the mountain has several dozen trees on it, the green helps to break up that large area of dark grey. And we certainly don't have "too many dark grey (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Personal 'tags' was Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) Done. (URL) Tim (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) This is one Mark did for our club layout: (URL) jt (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) I had a go to try to replicate some of the public transport around Philadelphia. One tram and one two-car subway set. (2 URLs) MPD> Tim (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) Here is one I made a about a year ago. Its a small container car. It has just 24 parts to it. It was designed to hold a 2x8 stud container from the Maersk ship. Here are the instructions so you can see how it all goes together. I aslo have a (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

(...) (URL) Two-wide BOB is here>. (URL) And up a few folders to (URL) BOB and reference pictures>. A few tweaks to come. I don't really think this model is the best to capture the spirit of the NMRA show, but it was just what came out first when I (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) Funky :) I'll see if I have enough space and parts to include it :) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wonderful Show in St. Paul (Pictures Posted!)

(...) Someone has a few too many dark gray bricks :) 'Tis very impressive though. (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Announcing Brickvention 2006!

Well folks, it's finally here! The first all-Australian public LEGO fan expo, Brickvention 2006! To be held in Melbourne, Australia, on June 10-11 2006, Brickvention is still in the planning stages, but we are currently working on: Presentations (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !

  Re: Wonderful Show in St. Paul (Pictures Posted!)

(...) I've uploaded 39 pictures of our show this past weekend. (URL) post moderation: (URL) Enjoy! (19 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  2 wide train design wanted for NMRA fund raiser

Hi All, I would like to offer a 2 wide train (3 or 4 cars) to the public at the NMRA NTS as an ILTCO fund raiser. I would love to get design submissions from anyone interested, so please pass the word. The fewer parts the better to hold costs down. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) That's really cool. I have to make my own tag now. Tim (19 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) I got a bit inspired and did my Brickshelf signature as a graffiti tag. It's designed especially for your wall, so feel more than free to use it or cannibalize ideas out of it in any way: (URL) It uses the "tudor wall" striping technique. (...) (19 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  [Press Release] BayLTC at Santa Clara Convention Center

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we will be displaying at the Train Collectors Association Cal-Stewart (...) (19 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) Hi Dean, I have done a few graffiti for my train layout. All in all there are two general types I did (both dealing with letters). First like here with thin lines of 1 tile thickness: (URL) Then with letters of different colours (which means (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) Well, if I have enough bricks... :) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dutch 1851 - by Joep Klazen

(...) I agree he has the shape 100% down but I thought that for the six-wide version too. I'll never quite get eight-wide but these are nice trains, six- or eight-wide. Tim (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) You're gonna graffiti the Community Centre?????? ;) ROSCO (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) Thanks everyone, I have a very rough sample at: (URL) I expect this can be developed and improved over the next few weeks. Unfortunately, I ran out of 1x1 plates though for the real thing :( <plug> You can see the real thing at Petersfield on (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dutch 1851 - by Joep Klazen

(...) I think that, yes, your bias is clouding your judgment, because it is obviously clear why he went 8 wide to model this train-- because he totally nails the look and feel of the proto by doing it. Compare it to his 6 wide version. There is no (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dutch 1851 - by Joep Klazen

(...) If I wanted to be condescending I would have just said "Nice work! champ". Note the subtle difference ;) Tim (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dutch 1851 - by Joep Klazen

(...) Sheesh, would it hurt to be less condescending? :roll: ;-) (...) Legoswami (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dutch 1851 - by Joep Klazen

(...) Hi Joep, Seems that trains is very busy with new posts at the moment. I am curious why you decided to change to eight-wide. It seems to me that this train is not gaining anything much from it but perhaps you see future trains as having greater (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Wonderful Show in St. Paul

GMLTC had a very successful show in St. Paul this last weekend as part of the "World's Greatest Hobby on Tour" show. ( (URL) ) We had people packed in shoulder to shoulder and about three deep for pretty much then entire show. We were about a half (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  State Courthouse, Columbus OH

My latest addition to the Columbus downtown is the courthouse(click on picture to go to brickshelf folder): (URL) I'm pretty happy with how close I could get it, as the scale (1:100) was pre-defined by the surrounding buildings already exisiting. (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) (URL) Here's a great example of graffiti>, beautiful in its simplicity (almost completely studs-to-the-left). If you don't remember having seen that image before, please check out the (URL) whole gallery>, it' s the most superb urban landscape (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) Depending how detailed you want it, plate resolution can get some reasonable results: (URL) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) There have been a few good colourful ones in town scenes of various shows, but I can't find any on Brickshelf at the moment. Reducing the resolution of a real image doesn't work for anything but mosaics. Try building it up layer by layer. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) Please. It'll give me an idea on how to arrange the SOT and SNOT :) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Graffiti

(...) I did some very simple graffiti for my NY Subway scene and I can send you the MPD if you like. The basic principle I worked on was using colours to 'spray' out from the letters. I also think that pastel colours (like sand green/blue, medium (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lego Graffiti

Hi all. Seeing as a lot of you tend to do large town scenes for layouts (and I couldn't find a group any more relevant :), can anyone give any suggestions on how to do graffiti on a wall? I have a large (64 studs x 12 bricks) wall in plain grey and (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I need advice on how to transport models to a Con?

(...) If you're traveling by car, I suggest lots of styrofoam peanuts and large plastic bins. I moved (URL) castle> to Brickfest '05 using that method, which you can see here: (URL) However, if you're traveling by plane, that's a different matter. I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.storage, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ChMe2 Russian switcher

(...) Thanks John, I'm alway pleased if I can fool someone. I have actually debuted one MOC in .trains from the brickbuild. (...) I think the proto is Ruusian broad gauge but it should probably be seven-wide to fit in with my vague six-wide scale. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ChMe2 Russian switcher

(...) Geez, Tim, your renders are getting so good that, from the thumbnails, I actually thought you'd built something IRL! (that's actually meant as a real compliment-- tweaking aside:-) Now I'm thinking that if you are modeling a narrow gauge, then (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  I need advice on how to transport models to a Con?

I've got several Moonbases (mostly giant endcaps) and many ships and rovers that I'm taking to a sci-fi con. I need serious, and immediate advice on how to move these safely and easily. "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." Thanks, Aaron (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.storage, lugnet.trains)

  ChMe2 Russian switcher

Hi all, Just a (URL) little switcher>. I thought it was cute and relatively challenging but not too much so it was perfect for a quick build to procrastinate on my main projects. (2 URLs) BS gallery> Please comment whether good or bad. Tim (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.ru, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) A few tips to make things a little safer; I use the blade of a miniature penknife to do my gouging, not a scalpel. Always cut towards the central frame of the wheelset, then flick the debris out - do it in one go for the smoothest result. You (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Dutch 1851 - by Joep Klazen

Posted on behalf of Joep Klazen (legojoepie). He would like feedback from non-Dutch trainheads on his work but does not have a Lugnet accound. This is A Dutch locomotive, build by Joep Klazen, who is just started to make all of his Dutch-Trains in (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Hi, I've finally finished the modification on my BB7200 loco, and took the time to make some pictures. So I updated my BS galery ((URL)) , here is an exemple of the new version : (URL) One more time, thanks James Mathis and Gianluca Morelli (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: British Trains Re: Hogwarts Express train

(...) In the illustrations from the original Awdry books, Thomas has his front lamp on top of the smokebox when pulling a passenger train such as Annie and Clarabel. This indicates a stopping passenger train, class 2. Gordon, on the other hand, has (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

Hehe, guess I'm not used to seein' humor in Lugnet posts nowadays. :p Apologies, Ben. :) -Stefan- (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) You didn't waste my time Anthony. I've got the Super Chief with bad wheel sets sitting on a counter top at my office. I never did the repair and never ran the set because of it. Reading this thread just may give me the impetus to either do my (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Don't worry about it Ben, I never thought you were being harsh at all. I recognized the sarcasm. But I'm beginning to think I've wasted everyone's time. I've visited all the links you've pointed me to, and when I dug out my Santa Fe out of (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Dear Anthony, I never had the intention to be in any way "harsh" to you. If you felt like that I have to apologize. I just feel still bad with the "new" MEGA-Blok like colors. And I got warned never ever to mention these in LUGNET trains (or I (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Thanks for all the info Ben! I apologize if this question had been discussed ad naseum already, but I've done several unsuccessful searches for the info. I've been a castle fan my entire AFOL career, but I've always been interested in trains, (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

--SNIP-- (...) Apology accepted in advance ;) (...) Thanks for your compliments. Of course mostly working virtually means I don't have to worry about the colour change although I did set up bley to render properly for some of my stuff which was a (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Yeah, I thought that was the case . I'm not famous for my tact. Thanks for understanding us on the color issue and letting us talk! :) And apologies in case the tears short circuit your keyboard. ;-) BTW, your recent train mocs have been (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

--SNIP-- (...) I knew that but I was being tactful ;) I have no problem with the colour change and the subject bores me to tears but I have nothing against arguments raging on in .trains, .colour or anywhere else for that matter. Tim --SNIP-- (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) I caught that irony, Ben. It wasn't harshness at all, and it wasn't directed at Anthony. It was partly directed at TLC, but I think it was mostly directed at the LUGNET community, who seem to want absolutely all color talk banished to (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) I don't think Ben was being harsh on Anthony, I think it was directed at TLC in the main. Tim (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Not sure why Ben was so overly harsh on you there Sava, but any replacement wheels are bound to be new gray (which thankfully isn't as bad as the shift between the dk gray), since they're made for the BNSF Loco in that color. And I don't think (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote: Dear Anthony, you are asking a lot of questions and not all of them can be anwered, but I will try with some of the most important. (...) Definitely these had too high friction due to mismoulded parts done by a (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: LUGFinder (aka LUGMap redux)

(...) Thanks Eric! I just Frappred our LUG RichLug. I became familliar with Frappr after joining the BimpCast Listenters Frappr. (URL) Can't get enough Frappring Bert (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: LUGFinder (aka LUGMap redux)

(...) Setting up a Map at (URL) frappr> is easy I suggest you try it. There are maps for just about anything you can think of and if you can't find what you want you can make one. One issue is that Frappr maps (which use the Google Map API) are (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: LUGFinder (aka LUGMap redux)

(...) Tim, This is a limitation of using Frappr. I suppose the old map handled club "areas of influance" a bit better. While comming up with this however I was told by some that having the single point was a good thing because most clubs cover a (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: LUGFinder (aka LUGMap redux)

(...) What are the chances of making a AFOL, TFOL, KFOL map also? Would it have to be moderated? (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: British Trains Re: Hogwarts Express train

(...) I would have thought so, although as I said it varied slightly from railway to railway so I wouldn't worry about it too much. The red light on the end is normally mounted just above one of the buffers, i.e. low down to one side. Tim PS I was (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: British Trains Re: Hogwarts Express train

(...) snipped (...) Tim, that was extremely useful, thank you. I'm assuming that Thomas with two coaches would be a B class, same for Toby with his coach and baggag car. Is the red end of train light mounted high or low? Mat (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LUGFinder (aka LUGMap redux)

I have added my LUG, the Brickish Association, but had to choose a city. I chose a pretty central one as we aren't based in a city, but are a national club covering the whole of the British Isles (which is actually more than one country too! (UK and (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Union Pacific M-10000 MOC

(...) Thwarted by the color and part availability! The Ldraw render should look great, and the red and yellow just fine. (...) Indeed, a fine shape you found for the nose. I like the use of the classic windows on an older style train. (...) Great to (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  LUGFinder (aka LUGMap redux)

Some of you may remember me as being the author of the origional (URL) LUGMAP>. You may also know that the maintenance burdon of this map just became to much for me to handle. I have always loved the idea and have been looking for a way to revise it (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: British Trains Re: Hogwarts Express train

(...) Until the mid-to-late 50s the headlamps formed a code to denote the type of train. There were four positions, centre, left and right along the footplate and top of the smokebox door. See (URL) this site> for more info (scroll down a bit for (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

Last year at Brickfest '05, Christina and I bought ourselves a complete set of the Santa Fe Super Chief (1 engine, 5 cars). I've been hearing about the problems people have been having with the wheel sets, but it's been so long since the error was (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Another Super Chief Observation Car by Tim and James

It's been 4 years since I worked on the Super Chief Cars for TLG. I've been extremely pleased to see the parts fit into a great many MOC across multiple themes. We've also seen a great many MOC variants of the Super Chief and other streamliner sets (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Brittish Trains Re: Hogwarts Express train

(...) Mark, I'm in the US, but I'm modeling some Thomas and Friends engins and cars. Perhaps you can explain a bit regarding GB train operation, past and present. I notice a white lantern, sometimes 2, placed on the front foot plate on many engines. (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Replacement Wire

(...) I have a similar setup for my sons room. Good for storing trains. But hard for a kid to see from the ground. If you plan to run 3 or more motors on the layout at one time, you'll need a reved up controller, or a second controller. You can up (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Replacement Wire

(...) First off, I use speaker wire. It's ideal for the apllication. I've even popped open the 9v connectors, and replaced the wire for longer runs. It's also polorized, so I can intentionally create straight thrue or cross cables without haveing to (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

--SNIP-- (...) Whoops! For some reason I thought those gears were eight wide. Tim (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hogwarts Express train - collaboration with James Mathis

(...) Sadly those wheels are too big, being 8ft diameter to scale. I did consider the wheels from the bar code truck (part 6595), though I have them only in white and light bley so far. I've also experimented with model team wheels with tyres. The (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Union Pacific M-10000 MOC

(...) Tim, Thanks for the comments. The picture I posted is black and white to hide some of the off colored parts I have had to temporarily use. The real train under went a few changes in its' life, as most do. I am trying to model it as delivered - (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact