 Trains / 26887
26886  |  26888
Subject:
Another Super Chief Observation Car by Tim and James
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:22:02 GMT

It’s been 4 years since I worked on the Super Chief Cars for TLG. I’ve been extremely pleased to see the parts fit into a great many MOC across multiple themes. We’ve also seen a great many MOC variants of the Super Chief and other streamliner sets built all to great creativity and result! Always there is tweaking and modding to be done....

Thanks to Tim Gould’s cooperation, we offer yet another entry into the streamliner stock. Given a few new parts since 4 years, we worked them into another model of the end observation car. We also wanted to show the design variations that we considered to illustrate a bit of the cooperative design process.

By no means do we consider this a observation car to be a merger of the best-of-all MOCs bits such as all the great greebling done on other Super Chief/streamliner MOCs. We primarily focused on just coming up with different versions for the wrap-around end bit, while leaving the rest of 10022 main body in tact.

See the design studies in both Tim’s gallery, as well as mine (same product both places).

Truly, I find more inovative results and inspiration during this collaborative effort. Thanks, Tim! Whose ideas were whose? It all kind of merges together. But, definitely, Tim gets credit for the angled hinge brick windows with the 1x1x2/3 slopes. I started off with the 1x2x2 arches, and he finished it. We both provided solutions to fill in the gaps and make the whole SNOT bits fit and get the roof height in-line with the main body roof.

later,

James Mathis