 Town / 8838
8837  |  8839
Subject:
NYC grit of the past
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:13:40 GMT

I was rummaging around the sky scraper forum and found this thread
<http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=94055>

These are the types of images that inspire parts of my layout.  Burnt out NYC of
the 70's and 80's (and beyond, in some cases).  These images, as tough as they
might be to view, only provide a blink into some of the neighborhoods affected
by the situations of the times.  Thankfully, though not nearly as inspiring to
build in lego to me, quite a few of these neighborhoods are now comprised of
single family homes with small lawns and even driveways in some cases.

Just about halfway down the image thread is a picture of a NYC subway station at
the time.  It reminded me of Tim Goulds station here:

<http://news.lugnet.com/town/?n=8759>

These images are apparently stills from a movie from back then and don't know if
the subway station was 'dressed-up' for the movie or not.

Jonathan