 Town / 8837
Re: State Courthouse, Columbus OH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 06:46:06 GMT

In lugnet.town, Paul Janssen wrote:
   My latest addition to the Columbus downtown is the courthouse(click on picture to go to brickshelf folder):

Paul

Very nice Paul!!!

It’s nice to see I’m not the only one who builds in the classic Lego scale (doors=3 bricks tall, windows=2 or 3 bricks tall).

Now what you need to do is to build Columbus’s Leveque-Lincoln Tower, a 1926 55 story Art Deco tower of of heart rending beauty. That one was labeled the worlds most beautiful skyscraper back in the late 1920’s. It was built by Detroit (where I live) architect C. Howard Crane, who is most famous for the 250 movie palaces and movie theatres that he built.

C. Howard Crane was most famous for his show stopping Detroit Fox Theatre, a 5,174 seat “Siamese-Byzantine” over the top movie palace with “all the glories of the east, far and near” (it is the worlds largest surviving movie palace today). Detroit may have gotten his best theatre design, but Columbus got his best office tower.

Great work Paul!

Gary Istok

P.S. Here’s some of my classic Lego scale work: