 Events / 1758
Re: I need advice on how to transport models to a Con?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.storage, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:40:16 GMT

In lugnet.events, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   I’ve got several Moonbases (mostly giant endcaps) and many ships and rovers that I’m taking to a sci-fi con.

I need serious, and immediate advice on how to move these safely and easily.

“Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.”

Thanks, Aaron

If you’re traveling by car, I suggest lots of styrofoam peanuts and large plastic bins. I moved this castle to Brickfest ‘05 using that method, which you can see here:

However, if you’re traveling by plane, that’s a different matter. I took my dragon to Brickfest ‘03 by plane. I put each piece of dragon in either a zip lock bag or trash bag, depending on size, and placed them all in alternating layers of dragon pieces and sheets of dense sheet foam (like the egg crates you sleep on), all inside a large metal trunk. He survived reasonably well, though had I designed him better I wouldn’t have had to spend hours dismanteling him to repair his insides.

I hope that at least helps a little.

--Anthony