 Announcements / 3159
3158  |  3160
Subject:
LUGFinder (aka LUGMap redux)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:15:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Some of you may remember me as being the author of the origional LUGMAP. You may also know that the maintenance burdon of this map just became to much for me to handle. I have always loved the idea and have been looking for a way to revise it in such a way that the maintenance burden on me would be greatly reduced.

I had several goals.
  1. Clubs should be able to add and remove themselves.
  2. Map should be moderated.
  3. Map should be easily maintained.
  4. Map should be hosted in a location where I have full admin authority.
Well with the advent of some new features at Frappr and the tools that the NELUG web site gives me as a member of the EC and site admin I finally feel like it is time to revisit the MAP.

While Frappr still has some bugs to work out with their new tools things seem to work well enough to get started.

As such I present LUGFinder sponsored by NELUG

We ask that all clubs that wish to be represented add yourself to the map. If your club is already represented please do not add it again. As the moderator I will only be approving one entry per Club. Also be sure to designate your club as either a LUG, LTC, or Robotics club and put the URL to your web site in your Frappr “Shout Out” so folks can find you.

Finally, if you find this tool useful please feel free to add a link to it on your personal and club sites using this button.