 Trains / 26915
Re: Lego Graffiti
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:46:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dean Earley wrote:
   Hi all.

Seeing as a lot of you tend to do large town scenes for layouts (and I couldn’t find a group any more relevant :), can anyone give any suggestions on how to do graffiti on a wall?

I have a large (64 studs x 12 bricks) wall in plain grey and I’m trying to make it slightly more interesting. I’ve tried getting photos and reducing them in Paint Shop Pro but they look absolutely rubbish at brick/plate resolution.

Thanks

I did some very simple graffiti for my NY Subway scene and I can send you the MPD if you like. The basic principle I worked on was using colours to ‘spray’ out from the letters. I also think that pastel colours (like sand green/blue, medium blue etc.) tend to make for good effects. Of course this is practically microscale compared to what you’re talking about but the basic principle should hold.

Tim

PS Subway scene