 Trains / *26369 (-100)
  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

(...) Not completely mine! lots of ideas from others there. (...) Cool. I could never get the builder to email me so I had to guess. But at 6 wide the trucks must stick out quite a bit. I had a version copied and I just didn't like how much bulge (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Red Caboose Mods

(...) I like the interior - but it looks kind of like you've got a wood stove next to a computer. 19th Century meets 21st Century? Kelly (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Red Caboose Mods

"Steven Barile" <sebarile@sstanamera.com> wrote in message news:IB7DG7.yHL@lugnet.com... (...) Add some *real* mods (like lights) and you're gold... But seriously, still lookin great! Rob Make more!!! (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

(...) Hi Larry, I love the trucks of your Santa Fe coaches most- in fact a very cool invention! But please let me correct you in one point: Bruno's (=legocastle's) cars are not 8-wide. Those are definitely 6-wide and have been running at the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Red Caboose Mods

Hi All, I made some modifications to the Red Caboose that I posted last week ((URL)). I made 3 mods: 1) Added interior. 2) Removable roof. 3) Changed the porch. At the bottom are pics: (URL) I am espcially looking for comments on the porch mod... (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

Great work Larry! Dito on everyone else's compliments! I'd love to see this one in real life. We got a GATS show on Feb 19th-20th if your looking for some long rails! Come on out and give it a spin in the Pacific Northwest! It's six wide friendly (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

(...) er no, I mean 10025 and apparently that's an endemic error, it's in all my MOCpages stuff too (and the folder description on BL and etc...).... sigh. Sloppy sloppy. Chalk it up to excitement. For the record, no Bionicle parts were used in the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

(...) Further proof that Lar's footnotes are spreading like the bubonic plague :-P Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

...doesh... (1 Jeroen 1) sound of jaw dropping on floor (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ALCo and EMD

SNIPPIFICATION If you have the time to kill, the inclination and the patience, one of our members just uploaded the full article that details everything about this baby. It's 6 pages long; Just keep clicking next. (URL) Samarth (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

In lugnet.announce.moc, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Hey Larry! Did you really mean <set:10023>? I know it could use a rework, but sheesh... Click the link and you'll understand what I mean [1]. -Duane 1 - I know you like footnotes. (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ALCo and EMD

(...) The unit is a completely (brand) new diesel that uses tech from both EMD and ALCo. (...) No, Broad (5 ft 6"). Meter guage is being phased out gradually. Only a few pockets remain now. ALCo stuff? more like *only* ALCo stuff. Well, actually (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

(...) Excellent work! Can't believe you can get the interior so right too! Most of my loco's are solid to the core. Stops them changing into a kit of parts when they accidently make it off the track and hit the floor. So what do I have to do to (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

(...) I've had the privilege of seeing some of the cars in person and they rock. Can't wait to see the engine in the flesh. -Tim (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

big Snippy ;-) It looks very good, very good. First impressions, its a very coherent design and looks bigger than it is (as I mentioned on Brickish). The truck design is nice, those are sections of technic ribbed hose for the springs? I like the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ALCo and EMD

(...) What do you mean by that exactly, does ILW have licenses for stuff from both builders and uses some tech each way, or was this unit a rebuild? It's not unheard of to hear of RS-lls or FAs that got their 244s pulled and replaced with 567s or (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF Super Chief Project

LOVE the new trucks (although as a European, cars without buffers just don't look 'right' :P ) , specially how you mimicked the springs, using another color to accent them even more. Will definately look into that in a next MOC. Also interior detail (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's the official status of L Gauge?

(...) Where did you hear that? It would be cool if true, and it's a fascinating rumor even if not. (...) hehe, that would be funny! (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  What's the official status of L Gauge?

I've heard it said that NMRA adopted L-Gauge as it's first new gauge in 30 years, but a quick search through nmra.org turns up no references. What's the scoop? (If that statement were true, it would be nice to start haranging all the manufacturers (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  ATSF Super Chief Project

People that know me well, know that as a railfan I have been a fan of ATSF since I could spell it, almost 40 years ago. And I've been an Alco fan almost as long. When LEGO brought out 10020 I was overjoyed to see a warbonnet set, but I knew that as (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !!

  ALCo and EMD

It's been too quiet in here lately, so I thought I'd dig something up. This one's for all the fans of the rivalry between EMD and ALCo. It's ironic that the two have been blended into one another by our guys. Check it out: (URL) is the WDM-3D class, (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New BNSF logo available for download*

(...) John, I dislike the color shade you used in your logo(1), although I agree with it completely. I think the new "lightning bolt" logo should be called a "wedge"... Scott Lyttle (1) JOKE!!! (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Without stepping on anyone's toes, I think the fact that the individual interests of trainheads themselves- within the trainhead (read .trains) community itself, differs. Afterall, interest in railroading (or any subject for that matter) (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO train wire inductors and DCC

(...) JB- Clearly if they are just for RFI, then that's not a DCC problem. Thanks. -Ted (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Snip (...) Atually, from what I remember of the movies we watched @ school, the air exchange can run up to about 98% clean air in a loop type arrangement. That's using something like 200% excess air in order to clear the cylinder of combustion (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO train wire inductors and DCC

(...) Hi ! The devices you are referring to are RFI suppressors. They are simply little blocks of ferrite surrounding the wire to add a miniscule (a few hundred nanohenries at most) amount of inductance to the wire so high frequency doesn't get (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) The big advantage of a OP engine is that you get good scavange air flow via the two ends of the cylinder being open at the same time. So, yes, it is in some ways more complex (timing gears between crankshafts, rather than valves), in other (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: any update on plans for Cincinnati in July?

(...) It's DEFINITELY happening. And it's going to ROCK! Are you on the ILTCO NMRA mailing list? All attending clubs should have a coordinator on that list, that's where a lot of this info has been propagated. Paul Janssen may well post some status (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  any update on plans for Cincinnati in July?

I've got club members trying to plan vacations, and we're curious as to dates, hotels, etc... Any confirmed plans, yet? Thanks, we're looking forward to seeing a LOT of you there! JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Oh ya, no doubt. I think one of the reasons for this whacky two piston, one cylinder, central combustion chamber arrangement is that in an exhaust port system, with the proper amount of lag between cylinders, you can arrange the exhaust to (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) They are probibly a lot more efficent when whey do have exhaust vales. A basic two stroke doesn't clear the cylinder of exhaust very efficiently. By opening the top of the cylinder through exhaust valves the rush of intake air will definitly (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO train wire inductors and DCC

(...) Are these inductors or chokes? In other RF interference suppression applications I had understood that there was no connection, just that the wire was routed through. There would still be some coupling (and back EMF?) though... Sorry I don't (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO train wire inductors and DCC

Anyone know the value of the inductors molded into the LEGO track connector wires? Considering the recommendations against (parallel wired) capacitors on the inputs to DCC decoders, then (seried wired) inductors would create a similar problem (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Well now I'll display MY ignorance... I know that a lot of 2 cycle engines are valveless but I did not think it was mandatory that they not have exhaust valves. Anyway, I am pretty sure the FM is 2 cycle, I think the Alco 244 was (but too lazy (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Nuts. I did travers the thread through your post, but I missed that link completely. I wasn't until Larry's post that the engine consept hit me. I did backtrack, but I missed the link the second time though. Now I want to build one of these. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Sorry Larry, I've had far too many M&Ms today. And I just can't stop eating them. My question was in fact was serious. I didn't understand how an engine could have two cylenders share the same combustion chamber. I realized after that I asked (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Interesting, I didn't know that. I don't know about the mechanical merits/demerits of opposed pistons I suspect they have higher maintenance requirments that a conventional piston singal piston design. I also suspect that the FM application (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Coincidental. (...) I'm thinking of taking it up too. Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Ironically (1) that's exactly the same link as I gave in my post, it was just hidden by the ftx! Tim (1) OK, its probably not ironic, probably some other word (2) (2) I'm getting into this footnoting thing (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Is *that* what it was, I thought you were baiting with that pejorative term... (1). But more importantly, what are you babbling about? I *know* what the engine term is. So does Tim. This is lugnet.trains after all, so why should I google for (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Ok after giving Larry farfignuten for not Googling something I figured I should Google it myself. Not an easy find, but is this the kind of thing you're taking about? (URL) never seen an engine design like that before. Very odd. Derek (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) (snip) (...) (URL) page 60 or (URL) those last ones for best results) Those same engines were used in the FM TrainMaster diesels... Ironically, FM also now has the replacement/maint parts license for Alco/GE diesels... But... you're kidding (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) What the Larry Pieniazek Bobble Head Doll is that? Derek (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

(...) Well, now you are just showing off :) Just having fun with you. Nice building. Chris (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Junction, Petticoat Junction!

(...) Larry, You got me thinking - I always thought Green Acres came first, but then I found (URL) - a great page that details the "Hooterville Trilogy" (take that George Lucas!): The Beverly Hillbillies (1962-1971) Petticoat Junction (1963-1970) (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Fairbanks Morse diesel locoomotives used a very successful opposed piston (1) diesel engine first developed for us in US Navy subs. (URL) - two pistons sharing a common combustion chamber per cylinder, IIRC... (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

Snip (...) A lot of the British diesel designs of the 50's and 60's had the nose, which is probably their most distinctive design element. As well as the (URL) Deltic> (class 55) and 37, the classes (URL), (URL) 44>, (URL) 45>, and (URL) 46> also (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New BNSF logo available for download*

(...) Yikes. Let's not go there! :-) (...) Well, it was more of a joke. I couldn't care less what BNSF does, so I wouldn't care enough to spoof them. If I didn't really like it, I'd use older decals (incorrectly) on their modern engines. That would (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New BNSF logo available for download*

(...) Well that's lovely. Reminds me of (URL) this>. Wonder what it'd look like on an MOC. It'd be the centre of attention at shows. Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New BNSF logo available for download*

(...) Ha ha! Nice summation. Note that the pedant in me (1)(2) is forced to chime in with "you left out a trailing double quote there somewhere!". XFUT off-topic.fun 1 - or the pe*N*dant in you, if I were you. But of course I am not you! 2 - This (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  New BNSF logo available for download*

Find it (URL) HERE> *beware of possible artistic license having been taken;-) JOHN (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Junction, Petticoat Junction!

(...) (URL) Oh yeah, that's the stuff :) (...) Of course, the train ran between Hooterville and Pixley. Don't forget that Benji the dog got his start on PJ as well. (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Thats quite cryptic... but I assume it has something to do with your 'wire routing' post. Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) A very poor rendition when viewed at this remove (although it did have the long nose)... it is ironic that you mention that at this time. (and that's all I will say) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Junction, Petticoat Junction!

(...) rounds with tubing up the middle, or even 1x1 squares. But it's a great scene. Thanks for sharing, Brian! Spotlighted. (...) Ya me too. I always liked the opening sequence, especially when they fling their petticoats over the top of the tower (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Well, I won't be holding it against you. I do remember that the first time I saw it, (Irony) it was on a forum and bieng laughed at for its ugliness. So there. Seems not many people like it anyway. (...) I always thought that the PA's nose was (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) It was a merger rather than outright purchase, I think. BN was bigger than ATSF but as sometimes happens, many of the ATSF people ended up running things at least for a while, as ATSF was arguably a better run railroad pre merger than BN. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Sorry, that thing is ugly. No offense, it looks like it has a lot of power and sophistication, great technology, etc, and it would be an interesting model, but it is fugly ugly. There's no accounting for taste I guess. I personally like the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) I can't detect the paint change either, just the logo. Since I still see quite a bit of BN Green still operating, I don't think the current GP38 offering will be out of date anytime soon. I've never applied the stickers to any of my stock yet. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Junction, Petticoat Junction!

(...) thinking that scene was "so hot"...well it was hot enough for a 10 year old(1) before cable. jt 1) dang did I just age myself there? (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) ;-) (...) You'd have to admit though that doing it's front windscreeen will be TRICKY. While mentally designing it I've been thinking of using some 1 x 6 arch bricks placed upside down; but that's half the job. Then you have to figure out how (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) I'm looking forward to your redesign of the APT. Glad I could give you some inspiration (for once), usually it's the other way around :-) (...) See, had I only had the bricks, I would have built it that way exactly! It's far more stable and it (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Hey, Lar, he's saying we are old! :-P Tim With regards the blue tiger, I have to say that stylistically it just doesn't float my boat, my preferences are things like this angular German (URL) DB 185> or the more rounded Swiss (URL) BLS 465>. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Meh... I think its because you guys are old school. Which is not to say I don't like any of the old stuff; For example, I LOVE hood units from ALCo, EMD- but I like the new Diesels (and the schemes) as well. Its a relief from some of the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Junction, Petticoat Junction!

Billie Jo, Bobby Jo and Betty Jo just as I remember them, freshening up in an open water tower: (URL) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) hm..that reminds me...I need to dredge up that idea I had some time ago... Scott (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) Very clever design, Esben! Well done. I may try to redesign my APT set as inspired by your ball-and-socket construction. I wonder if this (URL) socket piece> would work? Maybe is in this (URL) alternate construction of Esben's tilt design>. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

I have been there many times... cousins in Jonesboro (south Atlanta for those in the know)... come to think of it... my cousin did have one of these in the backyard... I don't recall to well, my attension was stolen by the vermine skins hanging on (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

James, I knew down deep that you had a still in your backyard, just a ways past the outhouse! Although I live in a Yankee state, all my kin is from the Carolinas. Two of the characters pictured are modeled after my uncles Clarence & Junior Thanks to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) So is there any truth to the rumor that your relatives got their start in the racing engine business supplying "deliverymen" during prohibition ??? (oh ya, awesome moc, spotlighted. Needs to be more coppery though, which is a hard trick given (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) That's cool, nice trees too. For some reason the word 'varmints' came into my head! Tim (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

If you ever make it down to Atlanta one day Steve you can come see mine in the backyard.(1) jt (1) don't let the revenuers follow ya! (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

Again thanks! I think I'll set it all up at the next GATS in Portland, Feb 19-20th. BTW your all (or is that yall) welcome to crash the show to! I will set it up on a flat table until I complete the landscaping...which has got me a bit worried. I (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

I've never seen one of those in person, is it a "southern thing"? ;) Awesome scene! I'm suprised none of the castle folks offered to buy the pitch fork! SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

SNIPPIFIED Steve, I haven't been commenting on your project, though I sould have, but this one really deserves praise (not trying to take anything away from the others here). It's.... beautiful. So thanks for sharing. I've been DYING to do a dio of (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

Steve, This is really, really cool. The Turtle Creek model does a great job at showing how one can obtain very realistic effects with LEGO bricks. The use of non-primary colors lends a lot to the model. Too bad the tans, off-yellows, off-greens, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Have to agree Tim (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Sheesh. If it ain't broke, DON"T FIX IT! File this one under "decisions made by marketing geniuses". This is horrible. They should have stuck with the Santa Fe logos. If they had wanted to be hip, they could've resurrected the (URL) ying-yang> (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) Yee-haw, all you need now is the General Lee! Great moc, too bad I prefer beer. George (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Na. Too trendy. The Cigar Band nose logo is much cooler thsn some "lightning bolt"ish thing. (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Hear Hear! It's almost ironic that lego's model is now outdated, what with this heritage IV coming out (or is it III?) Gotta admit it looks MCUH cooler than the old one though. Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) From the images it looks like it is only the logo that changed, not the paint scheme. Is that correct? Or am I missing something? jt (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) this new logo is introducing incompatability in my collection! Larry Pieniazek, BNSF fan since they merged, 2004 BNSF transportation purchases: 0, 2005 BNSF transportatoin purchases (after the new logos and paint): 0... That'll show them! (1) (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

(...) As with all my projects, these will be doing a lot of show running if all goes according to plan. So batteries really aren't practical, and practicality is more important that prototypicalness. If the club ever goes DCC though, that addresses (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BNSF new paint

Subject says it all... (URL) FOREVER! Jim (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: V/line N-set

(...) Just a minor note...the roof for these models should actually predominately feature a "rusted" appearance for accuracy...and maybe some form of walk-way between carriages (chains for the sides, and maybe part 6179 at offset heights for the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) of eye candy for a train layout for sure. jt (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wire routing

SNIPPIFIED Forgive me if I'm missing something, but why attach your lighting to the motor in the first place? I've NEVER done that so far. I hate it when the light dims everytime you power down- It's unprototypical and silly. Even with my (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

A moonshine still attended by four good ol' boys: (URL) after moderation: (URL) Darrow (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

(...) Well then that begs the question, do your shoots really work? Can you direct the coal to different tracks? Mine actually had a series of levers that allowed you to select which track the coal would be delivered to. It did not sort the coal by (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

(...) It's a beautiful building and an awesome creation--captures the look and feel of the original extremely well. And the other mocs--beautiful! Nicely done! Dave K (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

(...) Beautiful work! I was looking at the same articles in Model Railroader and thinking of building the mine building, before I saw that you were doing this project. (BayLTC suffers from a lack of "industries" on our layout) I think the mottled (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

(...) This thing went together really quickly, at least by my standards. What made it even more interesting was the fact that we basically built it upside-down, starting with the tallest tower and building toward what would be the ground. It did (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

Like I said a few posts ago I plan on steeling your design for the mine! And so I did! :) Thanks again for the inspiration, even thought it took 5 years to "take"! SteveB Trains.com article: (URL) pic: (URL) SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

(...) Great job Steve, that really captures the look of the mine building. Nice use of the spotty grey effect. jt (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

HI All, Wow, posts abound! AWESOME... So here's yet another Turtle Creek MOC page: (URL) It was a wonderfully fun build especially with Kelly McKiernan, a fellow GPLR member, helping out! This is not quite complete, the roof(s) are temporary, but (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: My new page at MOCpages.

(...) "The TGV by far is my Favorite train." ... Now there is an understatement. Those of us who know Dave always give him a bad time about the custom padded aluminum briefcase he carries it around in. It went as carry on when PNLTC flew down to (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

This is really awesome! The tilting mechanism is delightfully simple (though perhaps only from hindsight, neh? :) ), and the effect is sweet. -Stefan- (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wire routing

G'Day This is the method i most commonly use, as the wire comes of the motor block and enters the 'fuel tanks' i put a horizontal loop in the wire before in goes up into the body of the loco, seems to give it enough play that the motor swings (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge and Retaining Wall

(...) I like it. I am impressed by the mutil-level operations. The use of white seems to get overlooked. (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact