 Trains / 24131
Re: Wire routing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:01:59 GMT

SNIPPIFIED

Forgive me if I’m missing something, but why attach your lighting to the motor in the first place? I’ve NEVER done that so far. I hate it when the light dims everytime you power down- It’s unprototypical and silly. Even with my early projects, I squeezed battery boxes and enter 3 ft wires in to get around this problem. The 8 x 4 9V battery box is ideal for this. This HAL-8 concept for example has a technic V6 (inspired by Ross Crawford’s designs) independantly powered front and rear lights AS WELL as an interior. I wish I had a CAD file for this one, but I don’t. But since the HAL-6 concept does (its pretty much the same loco, minus one light and the V6 is replaced by a battery box), if you’d like to see it, mail me and I’ll send it to you (Rather not do a public upload).

Legoswami Samarth