 Trains / 24135
Re: Wire routing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:02:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
   SNIPPIFIED

Forgive me if I’m missing something, but why attach your lighting to the motor in the first place? I’ve NEVER done that so far. I hate it when the light dims everytime you power down- It’s unprototypical and silly.

As with all my projects, these will be doing a lot of show running if all goes according to plan. So batteries really aren’t practical, and practicality is more important that prototypicalness. If the club ever goes DCC though, that addresses the light always on issue (DCC provides for aux outputs including forward and reverse facing lights) but STILL requires careful routing of the wire up from the motor into the body...

There’s also the matter that with a fully detailed interior there really isn’t anywhere to hide a battery box.

That said, I use batteries in my Rob Hendrix “powered” caboose with red marker lights, because those LED lights don’t use up batteries at a prodigious rate the way incandescent lights do