 Trains / 24066
Re: Wire routing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:19:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
Since you aren't using a train base plate, I assume you are using a 2x4 electric
plate attached to the motor contacts and then attaching the 2x2 wire concetor to
the under side of the 2x4 electric plate ?

Nope. Just the 2x2 wire connector straight onto the motor. Of course there is a
tile on top of the wire connector and the layered plate floor/frame has a
cutout, I'm pretty sure that's not the source of the resistance, I tested that
with 2 plates and a tile to be sure it wasn't the reason.

Not sure why I would want to do what you say with the plate, what does it buy
you? It seems to move the wire even further away from the pivot point...

As for drilling holes and splicing wires (hi Rob and John)... no way Jose.

Rosco's idea intriuges me though I have to say Horst's is the cleverest if it
works

++Lar (gratified at all the responses!)