 Trains / 24218
Re: ATSF Super Chief Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 03:10:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

For the longest time I've been wanting to do up a Super Chief *proper*. The bug
hit bad when KleineSteine posted the work of LegoCastle here:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=81076

Those are 8 wide but they are long. Long is luscious. Probably too long to be
practical. But that's been eating at me for a year, that I ought to build some
too.

Hi Larry,

I love the trucks of your Santa Fe coaches most- in fact a very cool invention!

Not completely mine! lots of ideas from others there.

But please let me correct you in one point: Bruno's (=legocastle's) cars are not
8-wide. Those are definitely 6-wide

Cool. I could never get the builder to email me so I had to guess. But at 6 wide
the trucks must stick out quite a bit. I had a version copied and I just didn't
like how much bulge there was.

and have been running at the 1000steineland
2003 and 2004 without trouble due to overlength.

Cool. how far inboard are the bogie pivots? That was key for me, having them as
far in as I could.

Of course the grey wheelsets
are modified with a scalpel as usual...

Mine too. In fact I had some trouble photographing some cars, they kept rolling
away. So that's a good sign!