 Trains / 24204
Re: ATSF Super Chief Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:56:16 GMT

big Snippy ;-)

It looks very good, very good. First impressions, its a very coherent design and
looks bigger than it is (as I mentioned on Brickish). The truck design is nice,
those are sections of technic ribbed hose for the springs? I like the bufferless
look, when your stock has buck-eyes it seems silly to stick buffers on just cos
thats what Lego does.
I was interested to read the RPO page, I didn't realise they did transfers on
the move in the US. In the UK the procedure was a bit different, the offloaded
mailbag was hung on an arm which was swung out from the body of the coach just
before transfer and caught in a net on the ground, similarly the incoming
mailbag was hung from an arm and caught in a net swung out from the side of the
coach. (theres a link at the bottom of this page
http://www.tpo.org.uk/articles/srg2002.htm to a video of it in action)
I haven't had a chance to read all the MOCpages yet (I'm supposed to be
stripping a windowsill) but when I do I will comment more.

Tim