 Trains / 24126
Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:21:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
   So here’s yet another Turtle Creek MOC page: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7310 It was a wonderfully fun build especially with Kelly McKiernan, a fellow GPLR member, helping out! This is not quite complete, the roof(s) are temporary, but will end up looking quite the same. And I will add some more details here are there, and on the grounds. Enjoy...

This thing went together really quickly, at least by my standards. What made it even more interesting was the fact that we basically built it upside-down, starting with the tallest tower and building toward what would be the ground. It did help with defining the overall footprint. I’m really pleased with the outcome as well, it was a fun build. Usually I’d end up tearing a substantial portion of something like this apart at least once, but there were only very minor rebuilds. (And I only dropped a portion of the structure once, but the chunks were large and easily reassembled.)

Oh, and it really helps to have a large, well-organized collection like Steve’s when you want to do a fast build. Those hours you spent cleaning up the LEGO room were not wasted!

And don’t worry, I kept the Bionicle pieces pretty well hidden, nobody should see them. ;)

Great job finishing the bottom floor and supports, that turned out really well. Thanks for letting me help, that was really a fun time.

- Kelly