 Trains / *12669 (-100)
  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) Honestly I don't know any easy way to transfer files from my AOL FTP space to another free-hosting service space. If I had backup files on hand, I would consider doing this or uploading them to Brickshelf or some other place. The only way I (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

This strikes me as rather silly. Why would you simply allow the site to vanish? Why not just dump it on a free-hosting service? "Jeff Christner" <regult@aol.com> wrote in message news:3b2d27b8.610623...net.com... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few new POV's

(...) snip It occurred to me that I could put the .dat file on the server too. (URL) file is without the track, and a note about the railings. On the model I used stiff (pod racer) tubing, but in the dat file I simulated the tubing using black light (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A few new POV's

(...) Yeah, please send me the .dat files to: sink@countersinkdg.com. I have admired your engine for some time! Thanks! Can't wait to see them! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  A few new POV's

Hi Everyone, I decided to win my own train building contest. I am the only one I told about the contest, so I was the only person to enter, so I won! Whoo hooo! As a prize I awarded myself free instructions the my models that I submitted to myself. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LED Brick - a quick review.

Yep - that's the idea. Just fine-tuning it now!! (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Moc

Mike - that's a nifty little model. I also like the color scheme you've chosen and got a kick out of seeing knights and bumpkins riding next to each other. One question though - what's that plant in the background? I'm sure it's just me but the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  points Question

Hello Hello For a few months now I have been running a track system were by the points are controlled by two pneumatic cylinders, one at each point but a few weeks ago I saw down at the local rail yard were one of the branch siding was controlled by (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Moc

Cool. I don't think I've seen any train stuff built right to the ground like that before. It's got a good "feel" about it (hmm.. I use that word a lot in describing train moc's). I can just see this one tooling about in a downtown scene - where, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Moc

(...) Looks pretty good to me, a good choice of colors also. -Harvey (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Yeah, and it seems to me that the response was: if you are going to start such groups, do them on LUGNet and don't use pretentious, all-encompassing names without first discussing it with those whom you presume to represent. (...) And how (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  New Moc

hello again, ive been back at building more trolley type cars. Heres what i have... (URL) you can see the wheels on the car are a little too close together...i couldn't find any other way around it. i used the panes from train windows on the front (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) I know that this reply is late in coming, but had I asked this community if there was a 'need' for a ELTC, I would've received a response identical to my first announcement of ELTC. It took Sam's UKLTC to bring about a measure of response. We (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cab Forward 4-8-8-2

Thanks John, I will bring it to the meeting. I hope to have it running, but I am still scrapping up parts to built the trucks. It is a strange configuration that I use. You will understand when you see it and the other MOC's I have. --Stacy (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train bridges

(...) I am going to throw a "me too" in here. The power connector bricks on a straight away is my maximum straight track rail side height clearance setting. Actually, my well cars will crash into the power connectors if the power connectors are to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) At this time, room assignments are not final. We have a general idea of what we want where, but not everyone has had the opportunity to look at the rooms. The train room is the only thing that will not be relocated. We will make the final (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train bridges

(...) rtlToronto of course can and should set whatever standards they like but to this particular point (close to the track), I have always assumed that I had to clear the track power connectors on a straightaway, and no more. There are a number of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) The train room, 329, is almost square about 4000 square feet. I have added a draft map of the building to the bottom of the schedule page. (URL) Hitchcock Event Coordinator www.brickfest.com WAMALUG (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) ...No one group is going to have a claim on the tables, they are there for everyone. They are our tables (WAMALTCs), but we're bringing them for everyone. I guess the general idea would be that everyone gets one structure set up before anyone (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great Japanese MOCs-Town, Train & Castle Take Note!

(...) Yeah those are really nice! The overall "town-square" scenes are superb! (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC display space

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes: <snip> (...) Bummer. Will there be an alternate location to display train/town stuff on Sunday? jt (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Controlled Mobile Decoupler and Train Marshaling Station

(...) belows: (...) of (...) 2 (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Controlled Mobile Decoupler and Train Marshling Station

Thanks for a reader to tell me using VirtualDub.sourceforge.net to edit my video files, now you can download them at (URL) Marshling can marshal train, for example, the original train is 321L (car3+car2+car1+loco), after marshaling, train will (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) I've got parts of the actual site stored under several different AOL screennames. Some contain just .html files while others contain the jpg files. If anyone wants to copy the site, move it, or transfer it to another site or anything else like (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great Japanese MOCs-Town, Train & Castle Take Note!

(...) LOL! Yeah, that's what you get on the Kahuka RR line...plus, your choice of cannibal or non-cannibal meals! Matt (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Japanese MOCs-Town, Train & Castle Take Note!

(...) ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Strength in Flat cars?

(...) Hi, I have two different flat cars. One design has a beam that runs down the center. The car is two plates thick, and the beam is one brick and 1 plate tall (in addition to the 2 plates of flat car). My other design has beams that run down the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Great Japanese MOCs-Town, Train & Castle Take Note!

Town, train and castle folks may want to check out this gallery of work. There are some simply fantastic models here: (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

Hey trainy folks, I read through this conversation, and had an idea. If folks want to be able to reference the site as it stands now, and aren't too worried about it being actual HTML, Adobe Acrobat (full-retail program, not the free stuff) has a (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strength in Flat cars?

(...) Are you useing the stock lego Train frame? If not build, the base 2 plates thick, then add a frameing rib underneath (this do this in real life you know...). Josh (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strength in Flat cars?

(...) Same way that real railcar designers do... use a center beam that puts the floor under tension if it bends. ++Lar (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

I grabbed Jeff's whole fire engine site with a site downloader program shortly after he announced the closing(1). I've been looking to his site for quite a while for inspiration. I have a zip of it if anyone would like it for their records. (...) I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Strength in Flat cars?

All, I am curious how everyone has been able to add strength to flat cars and cars without alot of upright support. How do you avoid the weak middle and bowing? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) Jeff, I may be able to FTP the whole thing to my bricksonthebrain.com site if it doesn't take up too much space. Email me offline at sink@countersinkdg.com and we can talk more. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) That would be a lot of work as it would require transcription. What I was hoping to do was be able to just FTP the whole site to somewhere else if Jeff was willing... (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) The first thing I would like to ask is how many of the 25 tables will be use by WAMALUG/WAMALTC members? How about one 4x4 table per out of town LUG/LTC? I am also guessing that the tables are square 4x4 baseplates or 40x40 inch? Then we all (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) that's an arrangement of 4x4 baseplates for those not in the know... (...) that would be really cool! My problem is that my current town section has the track raised up about ten bricks higher than the town. I guess I should build ramps or (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) The WAMALUG tables are supposed to be there. We have 25 tables and each table holds 16 32x32 baseplates. I anticipate some spillage onto the other tables and possibly onto the floor. I know and have heard of at least two airports, two (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) I'll be at brickfest and have some experiance setting up large layouts. I plan on bringing an 256 stud long town section with a train running through it and some 8wide rolling stock/engines along with track. Are the wamalug train tables going (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) This is a great way of going, IMHO. Lugnet pages are *fast* to make, and FTX code is very versatile. James (for an example, though not train-related): (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) How about putting the pictures on Brickshelf and the text on Lugnet? (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's this?

(...) I really need to call them up and buy some, though if someone who has handy access to the store will be at Brickfest and wouldn't mind picking me up some and bringing them along... FUT lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) Jake I have setup a 24ft.X 24ft display for our last GATS show and am designing(with Steve R.) our next one (20x30)which happens to be the week after Brickfest.What kind of room size wise do we have and what are people bringing? I was only (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) I am cross posting this to .trains to see if anyone who is coming to Brickfest may also have some experience setting up a train layout. Any takers? Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  NMRA National Show

Is there any group going to display at this show? The way they are touting it, it seems to be a bigger deal. If so I live 15-20 miles from the venue let me know I might be able to help (wife permitting). I have tried to setup a group here but to no (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: What's this?

Currently I believe the Georgia LEGO Outlet store has a few cases of the 12v automatic switch tracks, and has had them for some time. So I don't think there is a big demand for these at the moment. jt (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's this?

(...) Don't expect a huge profit from these, 12V turnouts are a quirky thing to sell. Sometimes you see a glut of them and no takers... (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's this?

(...) I would If I was there... Josh (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's this?

(...) My advice Nick? Buy it ASAP.- Harvey (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  What's this?

I am not a fan of trains, and the only train set I have is the space monorail. I was recently at a lego store in Virginia, and I saw in the train section an old box of train track like I've never seen before (the only kind I've seen is the type used (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) That would be a shame. If you could contact me offline, I might be able to get hold of space elsewhere to host it... drop me a note. ++Lar (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kadee® + LEGO® partnership? (was: Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad)

(...) The couplers worked great. The only problem was that LEGO train wheels were a little too free rolling, and when shoving cars after uncoupling them they tended to get away from you at times. However, free rolling can be good if someone builds a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kadee® + LEGO® partnership? ( was:Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad)

(...) I would very much welcome LEGO compatible Kadee couplers. I would be less interested in trucks, but might give them consideration. There is a real difference. A Kadee coupler would provide tremendous operational enhancement and replace the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Kadee® + LEGO® partnership? (was: Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad)

(...) Cool, Jeff. I was wondering if you would share for everyone in more detail how well using Kadee couplers have worked out for you. What if TLC were to enter into a licensing agreement with Kadee to produce modified couplers for them with (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Double arch suspension bridge

(...) Yeah, I was pretty pleased with it! Seeing I first designed it over 20 years ago, and hadn't actually built it before to check the design! But it really needs some beams under the tracks to stiffen the deck a bit - with a heavy train, the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

(...) No, I love this site, oh well i'll have to save the pictures... Josh (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Double arch suspension bridge

(...) Wow! I love your bridge! That's really great. You have done a brilliant job in modelling the arc like it is done. Leg Godt! Ben my few bridge building attempts: (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains)

  Re: need help w. electronic trains from the 60's (set 118 and 138)

(...) have (...) one (...) Wrong newsgroup for such a request: try marketplace. , or b) want to know what frequency or what sound is needed to get it (...) works (...) it (...) You might find some more infos on these sets on my pages here: (URL) do (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad

Thought I'd drop everyone a little warning that most of my site will soon be taken down. This includes the following URL's about my switching layout built on a shelf. (URL) second URL contains all the information on how to make Kadee couplers ("O" (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

My Jaw just hit the Floor! (JHF?).... That is beautiful..... Jeff VW "Rebel Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message news:GF2tHD.186@lugnet.com... (...) got (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:GF2Ao2.E0@lugnet.com... (...) Oh, MAN that's nice! :) This is something I think every layout should have. I can't believe you got that to look so smooth! Awesome work! Iain (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  MOC: Double arch suspension bridge

Hi all, Here's my inital attempt at a bridge - hope you enjoy it! (URL) lugnet.build.arch (where else???!!!) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  MOC: Railway Express Club Car

Hi all, Here's my attempt at a club car for the 4561. Hope you like it!! (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  need help w. electronic trains from the 60's (set 118 and 138)

I need help getting my 188 and 138 to work. These are the two "electroin train sets", from 1968 and 1969, they are almost identical. My problem is that I have both sets, but no whistle. I would a) want to buy one (anyone wants to sell one ??), or b) (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: nice koploper seen at brickshelf

Manfred Moolhuysen wrote in message ... (...) I do, I'll mail him with the link to this thread Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Hehe, now that you mention it, that is kinda funny. And then Yahoo is used to schedule IRC meetngs... ;] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: nice koploper seen at brickshelf

Hey, ik waar van (ben geleebt?) netherlaands voriges jaar! It looks pretty much like the train I used Amersfoort - Rotterdam [AFAIR] Good looking stuff- close to the real one. Just: 1. shuld be real looooow slopes for the behind of the roof 2. AFAIR (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Black & red tender

Here's a black & red tender I've been working on for a while, I'm tring to think of a type of loco that would be deserving of this. These pictures have been on my brickshelf page for a while, although I've never thought of posting it here. (URL) I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: nice koploper seen at brickshelf

(...) on the next meeting of our Lego club "De Bouwsteen". Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Cross Track

(...) yup - the motors are running polarity switches that connect and isolate a part of the track. We found this approach better than powering the track directly from the RCX, since with a polarity switch, you can use a speed controller, or even (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Cross Track

Dan I got some questions for you. 1) What are you using the motors for? The seem to be some sort of switching mechanism. Is this correct? 2) At the two cross tracks is that a lego light at one end? Does your light sensor detect that light? In my (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Automated Cross Track

I just remembered that I never actually put up pictures of an automated cross track design that Tom Cook and I came up with. This allowes, with the use of one RCX to incoporate cross tracks in a layout in a safe manner, using a pure Lego solution. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8w MOC: German InterCityNight Train

Hi Ashley, Thanks for your feedback on the ICN. If you rarely see German trains, the ICN is even more rare ... I haven't seen the original for months. Anyway, there are some ICE - MOCs online: (URL) an 8-wide version from "Pattner" (URL) a 6-wide (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

(...) similar, but used 4 light sensors, 2 in parallel like this: Crossing -> | | ===...=== <- Track X1 X2| |X3 X4 X2 & X3 are in parallel, when X1 is broken, boom goes down & stays down while either X1, X2 or X3 is broken. Similarly for X4. This (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8w MOC: German InterCityNight Train

Outstanding, Holger. I am a big fan of German trains and your creation looks great. I rarely see any German LEGO trains so it's great to see your creation. I sure wish someone would build an ICE train or a Thalys. Ashley Glennon (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

Benjamin Medinets wrote in message ... (...) Dean's works beautifully, very reliable (ran for an entire show day without the slightest hitch once he had it set up). Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cab Forward 4-8-8-2

(...) Very nice, Stacy. You are capturing the overall design very well. I have also thought of using train doors in a similiar fashion. I think they turned out very nice. I really like how you derive the drive wheels. I'm curious to see this in (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) lol, go John... Josh (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) lol You mean he is using *LUGNet* to use Yahoo to find people;-) Maybe you're right; wasn't my impression, though. -John (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Maybe I misunderstood his intentions, but I gathered that his intention was to form a physical club in the corporeal <sp?> world. But to get there he is finding people by using Yahoo. KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

(...) controlled crossings in the near future...just haven't got a chance to get any Mindstorm sets... I think my inspiration came from the old classic 12 Volt level crossing with its own motorized lift gates and lights....you can still get this but (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

After 9 months I finally put together the Web Page for my Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing. I invite you to check it out. (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cab Forward 4-8-8-2

(...) Wow, now that is a steam locomotive! Its truely amazing. Josh (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: nice koploper seen at brickshelf

Indeed a nice model. Check here for a picture of the real thing: (URL) the way, just browing through Brickshelf I have to say I was VERY impressed with some of the stuff you uploaded yourself mister Mathis.... the Winecar, Slagcar, the 1700, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  nice koploper seen at brickshelf

Just saw an excellent new Dutch train at BrickShelf by Paul Verkaik. (URL) this "cab-upward" design ;-) later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Cab Forward 4-8-8-2

Here is some preliminary eye-candy for the Southern Pacific cab forward 4-8-8-2 that I've been working on. I apoligize for the blurry pics. I took them in a hurry. But, please enjoy, and convey any comments or questions. (URL) B (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Belgian Serie 12 Locomotive

(...) Looking more like the real one would be the use of 1x2x2 inverted slopes, so that the top light can stay as it is, but have so a steeper front/back side. There's only one problem to make it that way : I can't find such 1x2x2 inverted sloped (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ICE and ICE-Type design study

More views of the inside of this ICE-3 design study. Also, some "exploded" views of the nose construction. (URL) Mathis PS: HoMa, care to pass on the new pics to the 1000steine forum for me? (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ICE and ICE-Type design study

(...) Hmm, this is my "still-in-mind" project!! Great design studies! Thanks for some more brilliant ideas to make LEGO bricks "sloppy"! But, as you know, I will make it 8-wide ;-))) Than the LOM Window wouldn't be wide enough. However, I will work (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More about train related .dat files

(...) (snip) (...) I noticed this too after the rendering with POV for my new train. for a picture of the result see: (URL) (...) regards, Ludo (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: More about train related .dat files

Could you zip your copy of the file and send it to me? /Tore (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: ICE and ICE-Type design study

(...) Thanks, but I dunno. I look at it and just really don't know. I'm really unsure whether or not I could stand the 1x1 cylinders on the nose. I'm really feeling the limitation of MLCad- or at least my own skills of rotation and alignment in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ICE and ICE-Type design study

(...) Looking good... Josh (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Belgian Serie 12 Locomotive

I like this model; the proto really lends itself to the LEGO medium. As I looked at the photo of the proto you provided, Ludo, I immediately couldn't help but to wonder what an MOC would look like rendered 8 wide. You would be able to simulate the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  ICE and ICE-Type design study

This is a majorly early design study toward an ICE type train. I don't think this design is "pointy" nor "sloped" enough to look like the ICE-3. Perhaps more like the ICE-Tilt or the ICE-dmu (diesel) unit. My LEGO ICE version 0 design study: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Belgian Serie 12 Locomotive

Ludo, I really like that engine. I love the simplicity of the lines; I really lean that way. I did think of one modification, if I may... concerning the stack of 2 1x1 headlight bricks (4 stacks in all). I was wondering what it would look like if (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More about train related .dat files

(...) I'm glad you brought this up about the 9v train motor "little attachment nubs". I think they are one plate too low. (...) I use trans-white. If I want a translucent light blue, I use the following color number: 0x069DF9DF I use this color (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: clearance on side of tracks

(...) I agree, I'm leaveing 10-20 sutd on the insides. Josh (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

  More about train related .dat files

Since we have started a train related .dat file thread already, I thought I'd keep the ball rolling. First, thank you for making the .dat file Thomas 0 Electric Train Motor 0 Name: 590.dat 0 Author: Thomas Burger 0 Official LCad update 99-01 But is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact