 Trains / 11774
11773  |  11775
Subject:
points Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:22:17 GMT

Hello Hello

  For a few months now I have been running a track system were
by the points are controlled by two pneumatic cylinders, one at each point
but a few weeks ago I saw down at the local rail yard were one of the branch
siding was controlled  by one hydraulic piston to operate the two points the
piston was closer to one of the point I don't now if this helped to move the
points or not ,the piston was then connected to lenghts of steel rod which
then  moved ,a pivot of some type then helped moved  the direction the point
were meant to move       O-------|---------------O
the O mean pivot          \                      /
    -- rods
    | piston
    /\ points
now getting back to the question ,after many faled  trys , hitting the wall
and taking up smoking I was wondering if anyone else has tryed such a system
the problem
that I'm having is trying to account for the sideways movement of the pivots
because it is about 1/2 a stud out but when you move the piston back to it's
original spot it fits nicely back on it baseplate any ideas welcomed.
cheers