 Trains / 11725
Re: need help w. electronic trains from the 60's (set 118 and 138)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:13:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul Janssen writes:
I need help getting my 188 and 138 to work. These are the two "electroin train
sets", from 1968 and 1969, they are almost identical. My problem is that I • have
both sets, but no whistle. I would a) want to buy one (anyone wants to sell • one
??)

Wrong newsgroup for such a request: try marketplace.

, or b) want to know what frequency or what sound is needed to get it
running. I could get one running by using a other toy whistel, but it only • works
sometime. Please, anyone that has such a set, give me hints (I have no
instructions to either, maybe someone has a set of orig. instr. that say how • it
works. Paul

You might find some more infos on these sets on my pages here:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/blue_era.html#138
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/9v_12v/9v_12v.html#139
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/blue_era.html#118

I do not know about the right frequency, but at least for driving forward and
stopping of the engines any loud noise (clapping your hands, loud shouting)
should work. Only for the rearwards funktion of 138/139 you will need the
whistle to do a longer lasting tune (but do not expect to get the whistle for
less than 80$!). It might work at some other noises just by chance now and then
- just try it.

Kind Regards,

Ben
(who is still missing a whistle for the 138)

ps, since brickbay still does not send out emails, for interestees I have put • up
3 metroliners, 2 clubcars, a 7745, a 7720, a crocodile engine, and more • trains-
track for sale ("Missing Brick" is the name of my shop).

Again wrong posting in this newsgroup: go to marketplace!