 Trains / 11781
Re: Final weeks for Nova Township Railroad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:09:30 GMT

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:30:18 GMT, "Tony Kilaras" <akilaras@si.rr.com>
wrote:

This strikes me as rather silly. Why would you simply allow the site to
vanish? Why not just dump it on a free-hosting service?

Honestly I don't know any easy way to transfer files from my AOL FTP
space to another free-hosting service space. If I had backup files on
hand, I would consider doing this or uploading them to Brickshelf or
some other place. The only way I know how to get my files back is to
save all the images and web pages while viewing my site online.

Besides, this page, even when it was linked via my main page rarely
generated any E-Mail. I think I got about two E-Mails a year about
Nova Township Railroad. I still to this day get several E-Mails a week
about Sixby Fire Tech, but this is also getting taken down.

IMO LEGO has been on a steady decline for years. Their current bulk
ordering selection and classic sets don't mean anything to me. I
really don't buy LEGO over the internet or from S@H. I buy LEGO in the
stores. Or to be more correct, I used to buy my LEGO in the stores.

The main reason these sites of mine are getting taken down is lack of
time and interest. I've started up a new hobby that I can share with
my son in the future even though he's only 20 months old now. This
hobby has also turned into a business I can do on the side to further
this hobby. I seriously doubt that LEGO has a future in my family.

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.