 Trains / *10369 (-100)
  Re: LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

In lugnet.trains, Martin Legault writes: <snip> (...) The cap. is a nice idea, but not at all practical. I concur that a 9V battery is the way to go. SRC (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) I almost forgot that, but yes, there should be three of them on one of the ten disks that James is working on... :-) (John may have shot a few also - I'm not sure.) SRC (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

Congrats on such a big show! Can't wait to see the pictures! -Frank ps. did someone also take pictures of Nolin's layout? (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Supertrain Success

The largest LEGO train layout in Canadian history (AFAIK) at Canada's largest model train exhibit was a huge success. Overall attendance broke the previous record by over 30% - 13322 attendees. The largest "kid's play area" at a train show (I stand (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Baroque Building Housing a Monorail Station

Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G90GyL.E7r@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Thanks - I traded away a lot of my castle shields for other architectural parts. I'm glad I kept these! (...) you (...) Yep. Here are some pics of the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains)

  Town Building Contest - voting

Well, we had a "blip" in the voting process but I'm satisfied that it was caused by a misunderstanding rather than an intent to cheat. Since at this point only about 40 people have voted I think once everyone who entered, and lots (I hope) of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: Baroque Building Housing a Monorail Station

(...) castle sheilds. You say that the bottom two floors are inspired by the "Paris Opera"- do you mean l'Opera Garnier? There's more than one opera house in Paris... eric (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Tank Car

(...) That's what I believe I said. ++Lar (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) Thanks for that - I like it. I might not be the target age group, but I'll have one... or two... Green green green. Please do a green one. And brown, possibly tan - not just red/yellow/blue. Oh please. Bright/pale/salmon pink, light blue, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Tank Car

(...) _modern_ US prototypes (those more recent than DOT 103 10 000 gal tank cars) don't have a separate frame. Older tank cars did have separate frames, and DOT 103's lasted until quite recently (and still do exist, just not in interchange (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) And australia!!! (...) ROSCO - still waiting for Lego Direct 8?( (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

Regarless of the pros/cons of this LEGO Train venture, I'm sure all of us will benefit from it. Lets push for 4551 cab pieces in different colors!!! (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) Many of the sixties and seventies trains had tenders (actually mostly a batterybox on wheels, the except for the 725 which has a tender that doesn't hold anything). The only other 12V steam locomotive with tender was the 7750. (...) Especially (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) Here's hoping it will also be available in Europe! /\/\ark - who still believes in global availability for all (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) Thanks for scanning this. This locomotive looks nice. It is a bit european, but I like that it has a tender (I'm trying to think, has there been a set before with a tender?). I like the 2x2x2 dome in black, that's perfect for steam (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Baroque Building Housing a Monorail Station

This is my Baroque styled Hall of Fine Arts. Its second floor supports a built-in monorail station: (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) I figured that was what "cost effecient" meant. It seems that Lego assumes that everyone has 4561, so we don't NEED more motors. Whatever this build-your-own thing is, without an included motor (or with a motor being only optional) it should (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) No, that particular pic does seem to be unpowered, that is, has no motor. Maybe one of the variants will be a push train version? I'm speculating because I honestly don't remember what I saw in that regard. ++Lar (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Tank Car

(...) Nice start, but lose the wagon plate if you can. US prototypes don't have much other than a tank, maybe (but not always) a center spine, and some mount points at the ends for the trucks. They end up looking quite flimsy. I totally agree that (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Tank Car

(...) can'. -Harvey (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Town building contest voting - possible problem

Unfortunately, it looks as if someone is stuffing the voting already. Would people who have already voted, email me and say how they voted, especially in the Fire Apparatus, Small Buildings, and Best Use of Color categories, to give me a bit of a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: Latest catalog information

I don't know if I'd say underpowered, but more like "cost efficient" in the engine department. -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:G8zDCM.DpG@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New Tank Car

I have been playing around with the possibilities of The Droid Escape Pod (set 7106). The 1/4 round side walls make a great tank car, silo, lighthouse or rocket ship shape. I took a stab at building a tank car out of a few of these sets. The tank (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Michael Hader" <mhader@hubcap.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:G8z57z.LHG@lugnet.com... (...) please (...) see (...) of (...) As I was looking at the picture I was thinking that it looked familiar. Thinking it was similar to Dan Siskind's (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes: <snip> (...) the (...) I scanned the picture and posted different sizes (for varying bandwidths) of it here: (URL) think it's much better than the 4561. michael (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  First Balic Train event

Hello all! So we had the first Baltic Train Event this weekend - and I should be sleeping by now :-) There we only my trains :-( but still turned quite well out! We used the rooms of DKI, to set up the layout. Originally I wanted to set up 2 layouts (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trip pictures

(...) John - There are some passenger vehicles in the subway section under Grand Central Station that have a bit better proportions. I didn't really think the proportions of the freight stuff was that pleasing either, but the glimpses of the subway (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) OK, thank you for clarifying that :) (...) I don't expect it to meet my wildest dreams, but I _will_ be disapointed if all I can do with it is order a 4561 in green/yellow :). Frankly, any step TLC takes to make more trains is good, but I (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) See: (URL) Are we going to be able to build our own 4551's (...) Probably not. This is NOT the "create a model from a robust but limited palette" thing that was discussed as being under development for a possible 2002 release. (...) But not (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) John, Dan, Lar++, any other Train Meeting attendees, is there now anything you can add to the announcement? Are we going to be able to build our own 4551's from the parts offered? or are we going to be limited to the lame 4561 style of loco? (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) People have speculated in the past that TLC is not yet able to fulfill "any" piece on demand in quantity one, so based on that speculation, were I you, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. However one can hope that the selection menu offers (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Town Building Contest: Voting now open

NOTE: I have moved some entries into new categories in order to make the numbers more manageable. The super-scale cars are now together in what was "Macro Scale". Small Vehicles has been broken up into Fire Apparatus (along with a couple of 8-wides (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  new B30-7 Locomotive

My new 6-wide (yes, 6-wide) B30-7 is close to completion, all it needs is the windows, air horns, and fuel tank and then it'll be complete, pictures will come soon. The only reason this locmotive is 6-wide, is that it fits with the rest of my fleet, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) I think this'll be great, just put harder to find peices, if the program will let you! Josh (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

Ahh, the proverbial cat is coming out of the bag....;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Latest catalog information

I didn't know if anyone saw this, but I just received a new Lego catalog and on page 30, there is mention of a "Build you own customized train engine at www.lego.com/shop" "Coming April 23, 2001." I didn't see if anyone had already posted it, but I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Trip pictures

(...) Yes, the vast majority of the engine is non-LEGO. The LEGO body is actually like a shell which simply lifts off, leaving the non LEGO parts (frame, wheels, battery, etc). Their scale is larger than G (I have calculated G scale to be 14 wide (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trip pictures

Todd, during my first trip to LEGOLAND CA, I got a 3-hour tour of the backroom, model shop, and animatronics control room. I picked up several models either displayed throughout the park or featured in the DK book. This was over a year ago so my (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.trains)

  Snowball Express Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

LEGO Fans, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club will be having a display at the SMRC's (Sarasota Model Railroad Club) Snowball Express Train Show in Manatee County, Florida. The SMRC has this show yearly and ask us to display at the show. This is our (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl) !

  Re: Intermodal/container yard(was: Super Container cranes)

(...) Exact hit, I'm also looking for the 4 wide crane clamp, complete with rubber grips like it set 4549 ( (URL) ) in red or yellow ( wish lego still had the crane accesories set). Josh (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Trip pictures

(...) Wow, that's huge! What does it use for wheels? Did they make custom ones just for LEGOLAND? --Todd (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

Road units?! Larry, nearly half of my 14-loco stable is yard or branchline stuff. Of course, it's primarily European so they may not have registered to you. ;) I'll accept the ribbing that not much of mine is posted for viewing. dan parkerIn (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC will be at GATS this weekend!

(...) <snip> (...) "not having a layout" thing would really put a damper on our portion of the display... *grin* JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Town contest entries now closed - Voting begins Feb 18th

At close of entries last night, this is what we have: Town Layout (13) Diorama (13) Large building (31) Medium building (36) Small building (30) Small vehicles (61) Large vehicles (37) Small Aircraft (13) Large Aircraft (10) Small Boats/ships (4) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Amusing note...

(...) My favorite message in lugnet.trains has been posted by James Mathis on october 13th 2000. (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Amusing note...

Interesting, my count of unread messages in lugnet.trains has beein sort of interesting, yesterday I saw 4557 and 4559, today it's 4565... (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

Jake McKee <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:G8t9Cx.Izp@lugnet.com... (...) In that case here's another page to look at for models based on UK prototypes (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC will be at GATS this weekend!

This weekend the PNLTC will be showing an all new 15'x22' layout at the Portland area GATS (1). This is going to be a GREAT show! We have more new MOCs at this show that I have ever seen at a single show. For examples: - Steve Barile's 'Americana' - (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Re: Train building contest

Mark Staffa wrote in message ... (...) What does this have to do with the subject line? Did this sprout off a thread about a train building contest that I've missed? I'm interested! I have a couple things here that would go in a contest that (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Intermodal/container yard(was: Super Container cranes)

(...) This part ? (URL) has two in light grey. If I ever get around to it, I might part out a few. Ray (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Last day for entries in Town Building Contest

Entries need to be in by midnight PST tonight! Send them by email please, I don't want to miss any postings by accident: for more details, check the contest page at (URL) Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Intermodal/container yard(was: Super Container cranes)

I've also been thinking of a 30" X 45" Intermodal yard, built with 6 15" x 15" gray baseplates, 2x2 black tiles, and 3 or 4 of last years train container crane (# excapes me right now). I'll make the cranes rolling, on old 4.5 volt track (If anyone (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) In that case, (URL) off my stuff was reconsumed by the collective when I started building bigger, but you can see my old stuff and my new stuff at my site. I'll be submitting pictures of some of these creations for the LEGO train building (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train building contest

(...) The reason why I knew about that one is that Willimette built rip offs of Shay's (called the West Coast Shay) starting in 22. Most anything to do with steam has passed the 50 year mark on the patents, and a lot of it has passed the 70 year (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New images of my 4-6-2 Steam Engine

(...) Nope, sorry. I'll try to get some next time i borrow the camera. :) I believe I posted the LDraw .dat file for it in the early days of Lugnet; that may be your best bet for seeing details since the camera doesn't have Macro. (...) Thanks for (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SNOTgon version 0.9

(...) The front will be tiled in the final version- I was thinking about that when i took the photos last night. thanks -chris (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SNOTgon version 0.9

(...) I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to say about spinning the headlight bricks around. Can you explain it a bit more? One problem though- the gon varies from 3 to 4 studs bricks high so i would have to find some 1x1 tiles. I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train building contest

(...) My example was hypothetical. I figured it was a pretty good bet the patents had expired. It was just an example of something where I strongly suspect that there were patents which would have been applicable to models. (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Chris, you are correct. I actually was looking for MOCs. I just didn't re-read my message very well before posting it! jake (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Hey, I have a thing for ~600 hp and less engines, I have 3 from one maker modeled (Nutty, the 600 HP (never produced) Sentinel/Doble GP, and the 200 HP Sentinel). Plus, I have one of Eric B's KoF's too. By my standards, your 1200 HP engine is (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Nice switcher Lar. Cab looks a bit short (height), but nice none the less. It is a good thing you started selling your stuff, because there aren't many pictures of your train MOC's out there. By the way, if I didn't say it before, I really (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train building contest

(for example, take the Shay drive train, if (...) Not in this case. The patent expired in 1922, so it is not a problem to blatently rip off the ideas. I believe even the Doble Steam car patents are now public domain, at least in the UK...and they (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train building contest

(...) Given that both of the preceding are no longer in existance, yes you can use them...I don't _think_ that there has ever been a restriction on the use of a image (such as a loco) because it belonged to someone else, therefore I cannot see a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) If I ever get around to making some MOC trains (almost inevitable, at this point), they'll all be tankers, covered hoppers & switchers, because that's all I ever see out here. On an average day, I drive past the main rail yard a couple times, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SNOTgon version 0.9

(...) I think it's pretty impressive. These ribs are probably heavily riveted, so some knobbly texture in the right place is welcome. No need to rush out to Tiles R Us just yet. I suppose you could put tiles over the front, then figure out some way (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) listing does have links to a number of prototype references to switchers from the excellent "Yard Limit" website and a few other pics I found as well. But they're all for switchers. Except for Steve Barile and a few others, most folks model (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Boo! Bad form! Shameless plug for your inaugural Switcher which you are selling here: (URL) Oh, you mean PROTO pics. :-) Don't smiley me! ;^D -John (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train building contest

(...) For non-commercial uses, there doesn't seem to be a real problem. I think the railroad companies are pretty amenable (after all, it's really an honor to be modeled). I have no idea what the commercial companies do for the decals or lettered (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round Windows

(...) Hey, thanks for the compliment Larry! And thanks for the info on the color. I'll have to update my web page now and get rid of that appology. I guess my color reproduction was more accurate than I thought! :) And just so that you all realize (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train building contest

I was just wondering if there had been any discussion about the use of trademark names. by this I mean - say I wanted to build a Conrail Locomotive, or a Pennsylvania RR passanger car, or a box car with a product name on it. Would this be allowed? (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round Windows

(...) Preeettty cool One nit, Kim says that the original was light grey and red, I believe they actually were white, and the model he was working from had some weathering (I had a chance to actually be inside of one of these units at a SOO engine (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Good MOC pics? Well, mine (among others). For instance the inaugural unit of MTW-2001 up for auction now on eBay... <grin, duck, run> Oh, you mean PROTO pics. :-) Well in addition to all the refs you already got, try the NMRA site, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SNOTgon version 0.9

Looks good, Chris! Generally, I'm not a big fan of exposing studs, because I think that they detract from an MOCs appearance. If I were you, I'd spin around all of your 1x1 headlight bricks, stick a technic pin in them and attach 1x4 tiles to create (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  SNOTgon version 0.9

Just wanted to share some pics of a gondola design that I have been working on. Sorry for the bad pics. (URL) you can see it's a Studs Not on Top gondola. I used this technique to get a depressed center look. 64 black 1x1s with side studs are used (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) actors....;-) (...) simply (...) They've been listed as "boogie plates" in the online catalog for a couple of years. Interesting to see the error still being propagated. Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

Jake, Good to see you still have time to build after a days work at LD or are you working? Well it’s still a great question, try this link it has lots of CONRAIL stuff new and old: (URL) on... Robin Werner GFLTC (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) There's some info on Australian Locos (and lots of other Ozzie-centric railway enthusiast stuff) at www.railpage.org.au. Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Hi Jake, Try here... (URL) fairly focused on Canadian roads and their subsidiaries, but there are some really good reference photos available. Choose a road, then if you click the Locomotive Roster link it'll give you listings of the available (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round Windows

(...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

(...) Great site: (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Good Diesel Loco MOC pics?

Does anyone know of good current day loco that has pics up somewhere? I have been playing around with a few ideas the last few nights and am looking for some inspiration. Thanks! jake (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

Any pictures from the bottom side? Looking good. If you can get some old wheels from e.g. 162 then you can add the old yellow pistons to it. Sonnich Jeff Stembel <jeff.stembel@noaa.gov> wrote in message news:G8r3rF.2A3@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

(...) Ugh. What a classical setup. I can't believe I waltzed right into that. Two step puns are the nastiest. James (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

(...) Umm, I can't answer that because I am under NDA. But let me assure you that IF LD were to come out with dancing trains, THEY WOULD ROCK!!! <banging head> John (TIC) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

(...) That would be true, if LD had listed bogie plates for sale, but they haven't. They have listed boogie plates though, and the picture, I admit, looks suspiciously like a bogie plate. ;) Maybe dancing trains is what you guys aren't allowed to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

No, but they are making elements representing famous Hollywood actors....;-) I think you mean "bogie" plates. Bogie is another term for truck, or simply the wheels. The 4x6 plate with a pin that holds the truck to the train plate is called the bogie (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  What is a boogie plate?(is Lego making dancing bricks?)

I ask because I saw it as an item in the Lego Bulk S@H. Not being a train person forgive me if the answer is obvious. But c'mon, the name is really funny. :^) Jonathan (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  New images of my 4-6-2 Steam Engine

A couple weeks ago, I snapped a few new images of my 4-6-2 Steam Engine, and posted them to Brickshelf. I thought you all might like to see them. :) Some of you may remember it from the Legoland California Legofest held opening day. :) (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) Ya, but I thought that the entire layout was only about 16'x16'. That means, that your smallest building is about 2x the size of the layout :) (no, a 26x50 building is not all that big. I tend towards 32x32 as a max size for normal buildings, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Round Windows

(...) You can to the the PNLTC site and look under the engine gallery section. Someone made a Union Pacific F-7 unit using those round yellow submarine windows. John Warren (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) <sound of crickets chirping> ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

Argh!!! Three times in a row I agree with Larry! The sky is falling... the sky is falling!!! -john (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) Okay, here's a for instance. Three of my buildings' footprints are: 28 x 44, 26 x 50, and 30 x 42. Surely those aren't "monstrosities"! Who's with me here? -John (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

Warning, a bit rambly post on the theory of realistic building scenes. (...) They (the MichLUG buildings) were stunning buildings but I think they suffered from not being close enough together. Anything 5 stories or more ought to be cheek to jowl (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Technic Tank Treads/Coveyer belt!

(...) I'm sorry for the misspelled link, better make that: (URL) M. Moolhuysen, (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Technic Tank Treads/Coveyer belt!

(...) I did. For a partly horizontal / partly low sloped section that I used to transport the goods away from unther the track and out of the dumping bin, I've made a kind of track from pairs of the old 4,5V/12V rails with a 2 studs wide gap between (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

Steve & All, (...) Indeed. At our show at GATS here in Michigan, we had some interestig things, huge buildings by Chris Leach, and some LEGO scale buildings as well. We were fortunate that we had a lot of room, but it is something to consider for (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) Tall isn't the problem (although transportion is an issue). Footprint is the issue. And one big building might be okay but we can't cram a dozen of 'em in there. So overall we need to shoot for something between "Lego corporate" scale and (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

(...) People say *I'm* loud... til they meet J2. My ears STILL hurt from that limo ride 9 days ago and that was *after* he lost his voice. Did you guys get all that sound deadening paneling up in Conan's basement yet? Does it help any? I've got some (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The effects of Bulk Sales are evident....

<snipped a whole bunch> We'd only argue with you about black being black because you would most certainly argue that to be black it had to be the size of a 2001 monolith. <grin> I like mini-land too, but that's not what we're aiming for. I know we (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact