 Trains / 9789
Re: Latest catalog information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:18:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

Thanks for scanning this. This locomotive looks nice. It is a bit
european, but I like that it has a tender (I'm trying to think, has
there been a set before with a tender?).

Many of the sixties and seventies trains had tenders (actually mostly a
batterybox on wheels, the except for the 725 which has a tender that doesn't
hold anything). The only other 12V steam locomotive with tender was the 7750.

I like the 2x2x2 dome in black,
that's perfect for steam locomotives. I like that it's unpowered, that
will make it more reasonable cost.

Especially now the train motor is available as 'bulkpack'. It makes it
easier to have the motor optional.

I'm wondering if the "customization"
is choice of color for the blue parts. Depending, or if the black parts
are color customized also. Depending on color choice, getting slopes in
certain colors would be nice.

I hope it will be more than just optional colours, but even then (if
reasonably priced) the locomotive shown looks nice for parts.

I wonder what parts will be available and if people will create engines that
don't look like a locomotive but just serve as a model to get the parts. A
bit like the Lego Mosaic 'how to maximize' thread...

-Frank