 Trains / 9776
9775  |  9777
Subject:
First Balic Train event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:12:04 GMT

Hello all!

So we had the first Baltic Train Event this weekend - and I should be
sleeping by now :-)

There we only my trains :-(  but still turned quite well out!

We used the rooms of DKI, to set up the layout.

Originally I wanted to set up 2 layouts 12V and 9V, but we ended up with
connecting the layouts to eachother and turned out to be very funny to have
cross-border trains (from 9V to 12V and visa versa). Well only cars could
pass, the engines had to stay on their layouts. One station had a
dual-system track. This worked actually very fine.
Still I like 12V more but can see the use of 9V.

We also used my engine from #4563, but it will be puniched by being used to
build another switcher.
It has a 12V motor, but I faced the same problems as always, it derails
quite too often.
Maybe it is also guilty in destroying a part of my 753 point (the inner part
which "catches" the wheel) as it happened on that spot quite often.
I found the the lenght of it (18 studs) seems to be the problem. Next
switcher will be 14 or 16 studs long. I wonder how to make it a dual system
switcher.

I also realised that I have lots of straight blue rails, but far from enough
stright electric inserts (yes, I want more!).

I have 38 pictures which I will have online next week on my pages I hope.

I guess I can sleep now
Sonnich